• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
WHEN HIS BAT SWEETSPOTS.
IT SHOULD

I made a little crappily photoshopped concept art for Fungasaur:

It uses shelf shrooms for leaves, it could be team coloured, using similar textures to the default Brawl textures that look really unhealthy. The Green team colour scheme could be based on Shroomish/Breloom, the latter of which also has shelf shrooms.
That looks pretty awesome, dude.

He's got that Parasect thing goin' on.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
WHEN HIS BAT SWEETSPOTS.
IT SHOULD

It uses shelf shrooms for leaves, it could be team coloured, using similar textures to the default Brawl textures that look really unhealthy. The Green team colour scheme could be based on Shroomish/Breloom, the latter of which also has shelf shrooms.
Lol, I thought the things that replaced Ivy's leaves were potato chips.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
WHEN HIS BAT SWEETSPOTS.
IT SHOULD

That's creepypasta material right there.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
And it would be nice to have a sound randomifier so we could experience the Earthbound crit sound but also the inherited Smash sound, which has been in since 64. Is that a real thing though??
It can very much be done, just as most characters right now already randomize certain sounds when performing attacks (Ness performing pk fire for example randomizes between him actually calling the name out or grunting).

Shucklin

Smash Rookie
I know everybody probably wants a coldsteel sonic, and while I'd like that too, I think what we really need is a Riff Raff sonic. He could have Jordan's on, cornrows on his spikes, a peice or two around his neck, a few tatoos, etc. Would be the best alt ever

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I know everybody probably wants a coldsteel sonic, and while I'd like that too, I think what we really need is a Riff Raff sonic. He could have Jordan's on, cornrows on his spikes, a price or two around his neck, a few tatoos, etc. Would be the best alt ever
2gangster4me
We already got a teenage-esque Sonic, how'sabout something more sophisticated? Like Sonic in a tux!

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
SWEET JESUS YOU GUYS!!! I HAVE TOO MANY THINGS TO REPLY SO I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
SWEET JESUS YOU GUYS!!! I HAVE TOO MANY THINGS TO REPLY SO I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE
1. You died because of Nanobuds hype.
2. The hype spread because of stages.
3. We started pontificating on Ness sounds and effects, I uploaded a concept art of Paras-infected Ivysaur that everyone either thought was creepy, cool, or had bananas/chips/potatos, then we decided that potato Ivysaur is the best way to go,
4. Someone suggested a Sonic costume,
5. @ NinfanNanz NinfanNanz knows too much.
You know too much.
Please remove your comment or face the consequences.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
1. You died because of Nanobuds hype.
2. The hype spread because of stages.
3. We started pontificating on Ness sounds and effects, I uploaded a concept art of Paras-infected Ivysaur that everyone either thought was creepy, cool, or had bananas/chips/potatos, then we decided that potato Ivysaur is the best way to go,
4. Someone suggested a Sonic costume,
5. @ NinfanNanz NinfanNanz knows too much.

You know too much.
Please remove your comment or face the consequences.
Thanks for the catch-up. On the topic of tuxes, I agree with @ Draco_The Draco_The that Bowser should have a tux alt, similair to the one he wore in Paper Mario. Also, I would LOVE IT if Jiggs could have a tux, mainly because, well, IT WOULD LOOK SO GODDAMN ADORABLE!!!! don't let your identity spill,nefnoj. keep it cool and they won't notice

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
You know what would be cool? If Mario's Brown color in PM had a special Trigger input that turned it into..

This version of Mario. I mean it's pretty brown.. It could work, right?

Last edited:

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I had an idea a while back involving a robot ivysaur (Ivytron-002, I called it) that had solar panels instead of leaves and a mortar cannon instead of a bulb. I'll get the drawing when I can.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What do people think of Samus' palette swaps? I like how in Smash Bros. 4, the arm cannon changes colour depending on the swap selected, it'd be neat if the Project M team did the same.

Would anyone mind or care if the Green and Blue palette swaps were replaced with the Green and Blue palette swaps in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes?

On the subject on Marth, what would people think of his standard special using Brawl's animations?
I see what you did there. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What do people think of Samus' palette swaps? I like how in Smash Bros. 4, the arm cannon changes colour depending on the swap selected, it'd be neat if the Project M team did the same.
The arm cannon doesn't change color in Sm4sh, and honestly I don't think I would like it, just like how I like characters having the same eye color or Link having the same shield color for all the palette swaps.

Would anyone mind or care if the Green and Blue palette swaps were replaced with the Green and Blue palette swaps in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes?
I wouldn't, but first the dark suit :p

On the subject on Marth, what would people think of his standard special using Brawl's animations?
I'd like to see this happen since it would be a simple way to add more differences between Marth and Roy and the way he uses the sword in that animation makes more sense than a brutal slash since he's all about spacing well, but that would probably need some hitbox balancing and whatnot since the current move's animation covers more vertical range and there's just no way to reflect that with a simple stab.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The only character allowed to get a tuxedo is Snake.

And maybe Bowser.
Seriously Snake needs a tux. Would main forever pl0x.

No but seriously.

I also second Bowser having one. And maybe wedding Peach as well, to complete the SPM reference.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Idunno. Since Roy's the clone, shouldn't he be the one to get some moves changed?
We're not talking about giving Marth something new but about giving him his Brawl animation for the neutral B move back.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Seriously Snake needs a tux. Would main forever pl0x.

No but seriously.

I also second Bowser having one. And maybe wedding Peach as well, to complete the SPM reference.
Snake tux would be great.

The only thing about Wedding Peach though is then you would have three white Peaches--White, Fire Peach, and Wedding, which might seem a little bland

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That's what I was thinking too, but then you run into the problem of the people who are nostalgic for plain white Peach haha. (though, to be fair, if one really wanted one or the other, the vault is always there)
Well the wedding dress is really just white peach with a veil, that's about it

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Well the wedding dress is really just white peach with a veil, that's about it
True true. I would love little edits like redone shoulderpads, a different taunt (like throwing a bouquet), or even something like replacing the tennis racket forward smash with a bouquet and turnips with veils or little flower crowns, something wedding related. I mean, they did it for Dr. Mario, but I'm sure that was a special case (moveset aesthetic wise)

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
We're not talking about giving Marth something new but about giving him his Brawl animation for the neutral B move back.
Oh. Yeah bringing just that back would be cool, but still, the semi-clone should get a new animation before the character it's based off of.

Besides, doesn't one of Roy's battle animations in Binding Blade involve him stabbing somebody in a similar fashion to Marth's Brawl animation?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Oh. Yeah bringing just that back would be cool, but still, the semi-clone should get a new animation before the character it's based off of.

Besides, doesn't one of Roy's battle animations in Binding Blade involve him stabbing somebody in a similar fashion to Marth's Brawl animation?
I don't know. I've never played any Fire Emblem game.

Shin F.

Smash Master

It's not a new animation, though, considering he's had it for two games. Be kinda backwards to give it to Roy when it already belongs to Marth. And yes, Roy has a stab which he currently has as his f-tilt.

In any case, I see no reason to change it.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Arc swing >>>> forward thrust. There's greater utility.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Arc swing >>>> forward thrust. There's greater utility.
Yeah, that was what I thought that would make bringing the old animation back difficult. I can't see how they could give more vertical reach to a stab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom