• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If you can update the title, add a "please read op/rules before posting" type thing in it.
I've noticed a lot of newer people come into this thread recently and I think it would help somewhat.

Last edited:

Darkdeathscythe

Smash Rookie
Anyone think Awakening Marth would still be a cool second alt? Vert092 from the brawl vaults seems to be willing to offer his model, all that would be needed would be a texture update...

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
That would be forgetting to add them. I'll get to it.

Fierce Deity is typically frowned upon, because he would need to be shrunken down to fit Link's bones, and he would have to wield his sword with one hand rather than two.

It just demeans his badassery.
I'm sure most people don't care about the size. People don't like FD Link because he's tall. Hell, it's hard to even tell how tall he is in MM because of how large the bosses are. As for the sword, it still looks awesome even if it's being used with one hand. I doubt many people would complain if he was a costume.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I don't think I'll be the first to say this, but what's the general consensus on "Sonic Boom" Sonic?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'm sure most people don't care about the size. People don't like FD Link because he's tall. Hell, it's hard to even tell how tall he is in MM because of how large the bosses are. As for the sword, it still looks awesome even if it's being used with one hand. I doubt many people would complain if he was a costume.
I wouldn't like it. I don't care about the size, but having him wield his sword with one hand (and making it smaller to fit the Master Sword) and giving him a shield would make him feel awkward and untrue to character to me.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I think Anime Climbers should be added to the OP
I want it so much
I thought they were, they might be labeled with different terms. I'll look into it Arc.
If you can update the title, add a "please read op/rules before posting" type thing in it.
I've noticed a lot of newer people come into this thread recently and I think it would help somewhat.
I think I can... Lol.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
ehhh, its ok, Im not a fan of how his head/spikes got smaller, I could deal, but anytime I see him, I shudder at the thought of "Steroids Knuckles" and "Bolemic Amy".
I believe it would be great costume, sans the height difference and head size. The additional spikes just make him look that much better along with the scarf, couldn't care less for the bandages, though. And yeah, just clear your head of the buffed Knuckles, I really like Amy though.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I hope you've already got Awakening Roy up there.

*edit- It's up there, so never mind. Awakening Roy is too good to pass up lol.

In the meantime, how about a "Dark" Ike? I mean, MK got one, didn't he? :p

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...I know Mario's full, but we should put Luigi's NES Golf costume in. The Smash 4 Mario outfit is just too glorious not to see in PM tournaments in some form.

If only I hadn't been so blind before...

Also, off-topic good news I just realized: We can now display our PM mains on our profiles!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So...I know Mario's full, but we should put Luigi's NES Golf costume in. The Smash 4 Mario outfit is just too glorious not to see in PM tournaments in some form.

If only I hadn't been so blind before...

Also, off-topic good news I just realized: We can now display our PM mains on our profiles!
Indeed we can. Warchamp added them today.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I don't believe costumes need to be canon, but good point.
All costumes so far have had some roots in canon
Even though Sigurd Marth isn't canon to Marth, the costume comes straight from Fire Emblem.
I believe they've said they won't do anything that comes from any form of fanfiction, on top of that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm curious, don't shoot me, cause I don't fully understand it, but theoretically, couldnt you use the clone engine to clone mario, then link said character into marios Charcter? or is it not that easy, but doable, or just not possible?
Wait, you'll have to explain that again, I got a little confused.

I think it's possible to clone a character onto Mario, in a Zelda+Sheik way, but would still take up a clone slot. But again, I dunno if I follow the question completely.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what you mean by linking characters.
just using some kind of advance coding to allow more than 10 costumes for one character. I.E. link a seperat characters costumes with another character....IDK if I'm explaining this right :p Its one of those things you think of but can't think of the words to describe :p

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You could do that. Literally right now. I think... If you download BrawlEx and copy Mario's files using their engine, you'd end up with two Mario's on the CSS.

Now, binding them to the same CSS button would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

However, while you can do this on your own, the PMBR doesn't use BrawlEx. And, Mario would kind of be a wasted Clone Engine slot.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
just using some kind of advance coding to allow more than 10 costumes for one character. I.E. link a seperat characters costumes with another character....IDK if I'm explaining this right :p Its one of those things you think of but can't think of the words to describe :p
You mean, create more costume slots by taking them from another character? If so, why would anyone want to get less costumes for other characters for more Mario slots?

It's possible to expand past 10 slots for everyone, but they'd have to reorganize and re-write the location of the cosmetics data of every character. And, in the words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that.
Edit:
You could do that. Literally right now. I think... If you download BrawlEx and copy Mario's files using their engine, you'd end up with two Mario's on the CSS.

Now, binding them to the same CSS button would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

However, while you can do this on your own, the PMBR doesn't use BrawlEx. And, Mario would kind I be a wasted Clone Engine slot.
Oh, did he mean clone the character and put the two slots on the same one? Well, they can clone anyone they want, but I don't think they could link the slots together.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
You mean, create more costume slots by taking them from another character? If so, why would anyone want to get less costumes for other characters for more Mario slots?

It's possible to expand past 10 slots for everyone, but they'd have to reorganize and re-write the location of the cosmetics data of every character. And, in the words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that.
Edit:

Oh, did he mean clone the character and put the two slots on the same one? Well, they can clone anyone they want, but I don't think they could link the slots together.
What I'm saying is its obvious PMBR will never use all clone engine character spots, so make a clone of mario, and link his costumes to the original Mario

However, while you can do this on your own, the PMBR doesn't use BrawlEx. And, Mario would kind of be a wasted Clone Engine slot.
So how many clone engine spots are there. Do I have a misunderstanding. Is it very limited, or does each charcter get their own clone spot?

Shin F.

Smash Master
What I'm saying is its obvious PMBR will never use all clone engine character spots, so make a clone of mario, and link his costumes to the original Mario

So how many clone engine spots are there. Do I have a misunderstanding. Is it very limited, or does each charcter get their own clone spot?
There are only 5 clone spots, and it would honestly be a waste to use one just to give Mario some extra costumes. And even then, he would have to have two separate spots on the CSS screen (one for each slot).

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
There are only 5 clone spots, and it would honestly be a waste to use one just to give Mario some extra costumes. And even then, he would have to have two separate spots on the CSS screen (one for each slot).
Solve the problem by making Mario 2 superior than normal Mario in every way.

They're technically different then.

Melee Logic.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
All costumes so far have had some roots in canon
Even though Sigurd Marth isn't canon to Marth, the costume comes straight from Fire Emblem.
I believe they've said they won't do anything that comes from any form of fanfiction, on top of that.
Do you mind sending a link? Not trying to be hostile or anything.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Either way, I see no problem with Ike getting a "Dark" costume anyways. It's not fanfiction. Just a cool thing to have.
Like Pikachu's hats for example.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
What I'm saying is its obvious PMBR will never use all clone engine character spots.
What. Yes it is. I hope they do as well.

Y'know the way Vigilante made it sound they're trying to decide on a Roster in a relatively condensed range of time, rather than pick one character and then move onto the next after completion. Could've misinterpreted tho.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
What. Yes it is. I hope they do as well.

Y'know the way Vigilante made it sound they're trying to decide on a Roster in a relatively condensed range of time, rather than pick one character and then move onto the next after completion. Could've misinterpreted tho.
That was what I was saying while under the impression there were way more than 5 spots, my bad :p

Omnigeek

Smash Rookie
Lucario's alt is an amalgam of different items from the pokemon canon though. The headband is the battle item focus band, while the belt was stated to be the expert belt. Furthermore, the gi is iconic among black belt trainers of the various dojos. Cosidering Lucario is a fighting/steel type, which is also indicated by the emblem on his back, it is befitting of the character to wear such items.

Compare his costume to some official art, and one can see the inspiration for his design.

Double ninja'd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom