• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so I'm going to assume the lack of anyone mentioning an alt snake costume is b/c we have all unanimously agreed on a big boss-like costume, complete w/ topless camo (or maybe his faux-soldier outfit from MGS2)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm surprised no one suggested this one.
Alt skins for Meta Knight: Galacta Knight. Though I understand if you don't feel comfortable including him due to legal issues, or because he's not technically the same character.

-For Link, I'd throw my vote behind OoT, simply I could have his Melee sound effects make sense. Skyward Sword would be nice too, but I really like his Melee voice.
-For Samus, I don't necessarily want her Other M design, but some of her various suits that have never made it into Smash.
-I would adore a set of Melee Ganons, and Skyward Sword Zeldas. For Sheik...I dunno. Impa?
-Oh man, what are you gonna do for Game and Watch? R.O.B.? Ice Climbers?

Looking forward to this!

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Does the Doc costume not have randomized pill colors? I noticed the only two pills he threw in the Turbo Tuesday video were both red/yellow, and I could imagine that being a difficult feature to add to a costume like this.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
shiek could just wear impa's threads as sort of a throwback thing.

also I was looking up ideas for meta knight and HOLY HELL HIS CONCEPT ART

WHY DIDN'T WE GET THAT META KNIGHT. I WANT THAT META KNIGHT. I WANT THAT COSTUME IN PINK

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The sword and mask are awesome. The butterfly wings? God no

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
DMG I want you to understand

I can be a pink thrashing butterfly man

don't you REALIZE HOW PERFECT THIS WOULD BE

splat

Smash Lord
This is what Strong Bad posted in a different thread, but as it's more fitting for discussing in this topic, let me quote it here:

We used conditional modifiers to edit Mario's Fireball. We did not create a new projectile.
How does this work with taunts? Are they conditional, too? Or does Mario have on of his taunts changed to Doc's, in which he bounces a fireball off of his shoulder?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
This is what Strong Bad posted in a different thread, but as it's more fitting for discussing in this topic, let me quote it here:

How does this work with taunts? Are they conditional, too? Or does Mario have on of his taunts changed to Doc's, in which he bounces a fireball off of his shoulder?
He's had that taunt for a while now...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Vigiliante, exactly how is it possible to have an individual character load two different GFX at once? Wouldn't that require FitXX.pac editing, which would mean, theroretically, that Doc is actually another character being loaded?
Take another look a the video and im sure you will hear that characteristic soun when Dr Mario drops his pills, so i think its a advantage the Costume Engine give us:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
This is exactly what I'm expecting. ACE will be quite delicious when 3.0 comes out. For those that don't get alternate costumes, will they get additional recolors? Or will we ourselves be able to fill in these spots? Or are these things that cannot be answered right now? Lol

I just reeeeeeaally like the idea of being able to have two of the same character on a team without that silly white-out effect.

Also. I love you all!

Thank you, we love you too ;).

I can't comment too much on the subject, but I can spout out general info so you can get an idea of the direction we are taking:

Our modellers did pretty amazing work in a short time, so I don't doubt you'll be seeing a lot of alternate costumes. Whether it will be all of the characters, I can't make any promises about that. Some costumes are easier to make while others are very complex, and while our modellers are amazing, they know better than I how much time that would take. From my understanding, they've put an insane amount of time on the ones in progress. It might be possible that a character would only get recolours if that makes sense for the character. What we do with a character's alts will be judge on a case by case basis.

As for alts, I'm more partial for no turning a character into a completely different one. I don't think Shadow makes sense over Sonic in that regard. I'm going to use Mario as an example since his alt costume has already revealed:

The vacation shirt Mario wears in Super Mario Sunshine after you beat the game with all of the shines would be a viable costume because it's Mario in another attire. On the other hand, turning him into Stan from Donkey Kong 3 would not be a viable change. It's not Mario. If it was Mario wearing Stan's clothes, that would already be more viable (the again, doc was a given). Of course, that's a silly example, and there are way better options for Mario. What people should get from this is that we're making "alternate costumes", not "alternate characters"

Nevertheless, we are not going to stop people from making their own costume packs if they really want them.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
there's probably a lot of less-effort-needed costume changes that could be made. I'm thinkin' of something like masked dedede, which would be entirely just "add a mask on him, replace old hammer with newer one, done"

what about that Ms. Game & Watch skin that's been around for a while? that's a pretty good one right there. or just GnW in silly hats, I'm satisfied with either

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
shiek could just wear impa's threads as sort of a throwback thing.

also I was looking up ideas for meta knight and HOLY HELL HIS CONCEPT ART

WHY DIDN'T WE GET THAT META KNIGHT. I WANT THAT META KNIGHT. I WANT THAT COSTUME IN PINK

Edit: I ****ing hate this forum sometimes. Glitches up and screws me up when I'm trying to make a post way too much.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

I can't comment too much on the subject, but I can spout out general info so you can get an idea of the direction we are taking:

*snip*

Nevertheless, we are not going to stop people from making their own costume packs if they really want them.
You can give some of us a bone to work with though, right? Right?

I kid, of course. Thanks for the info. Makes it easier for to plan for the future.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Putting in my wish list:

tweaked from Melee to fit with Brawl's visuals
Fox
Falco
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf

others that haven't already been highly requested
Robot Ness
Pajama Ness
Naked Snake
Tuxedo Snake
Sunglasses Squirtle?
Quote ROB (not a total model copy but just a nod to him)

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
This is incredible, so hyped right now. Project M 3.0 will truly be the greatest mod in existence.

Heck, calling it a mod seems insulting at this point. P:M<<<<<<<Smash bros

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is incredible, so hyped right now. Project M 3.0 will truly be the greatest mod in existence.

Heck, calling it a mod seems insulting at this point. P:M>>>>>>>Smash bros
I think that's what you were trying to say...?

Unless you just meant name wise or something. *shrugs*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The most logical ones I see right now (that wouldn't require a huge amount of effort) are Naked Snake and Pajama Ness. Both are very notable in their appearances (MGS3 and a very critical part of Earthbound, plus what you start in).
Naked Snake:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060806071438/metalgear/images/9/90/Naked_Snake.jpg

I would absolutely die if the modelers managed to nail down Awakening Marth, Roy, and Ike (or as mentioned before, one of Ike's other two class appearances).
Marth:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130503023158/fireemblem/images/b/b3/Marthdlc_img.jpg
Roy:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130503001036/fireemblem/images/2/2f/DlcRoyKakusei.jpg
Ike (Awakening):
http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/HolsetyMage/media/Ikedlc.png.html
Ike (Lord):
http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/8/84/Ike_fe10_lord.png
Ike (Vanguard):
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr290/Kai_Rekiro00/Fire Emblem/Ike-Vanguard-Basic.png

Samus with any variant of suits (most likely thing I see happening is the Fusion suit variants).
http://images.wikia.com/metroid/es/images/4/4a/Samus_Fusion.jpg
Lucas as Masked Man (maybe without the helmet for hurtbox purposes).
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2009/242/0/0/Masked_Man_by_AverageJoey543.png

I can't think of anything beyond that besides giving Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf their OoT apperances.

Iconic alt costumes is what I think PM is after most here. It just makes the most sense.

MVP

Smash Ace
A though just came to me!
In addition to how many suits samus has,
She also has different beams!!!!
like how mario has pills, they can change samus' beam color and apperance!!!!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
A though just came to me!
In addition to how many suits samus has,
She also has different beams!!!!
like how mario has pills, they can change samus' beam color!!!!
Oooh, good idea! Like her charge shot can become (visually) icy or wave-y!

MVP

Smash Ace

Our modellers did pretty amazing work in a short time, so I don't doubt you'll be seeing a lot of alternate costumes. Whether it will be all of the characters, I can't make any promises about that. Some costumes are easier to make while others are very complex, and while our modellers are amazing, they know better than I how much time that would take. From my understanding, they've put an insane amount of time on the ones in progress. It might be possible that a character would only get recolours if that makes sense for the character. What we do with a character's alts will be judge on a case by case basis.

As for alts, I'm more partial for no turning a character into a completely different one. I don't think Shadow makes sense over Sonic in that regard. I'm going to use Mario as an example since his alt costume has already revealed:

The vacation shirt Mario wears in Super Mario Sunshine after you beat the game with all of the shines would be a viable costume because it's Mario in another attire. On the other hand, turning him into Stan from Donkey Kong 3 would not be a viable change. It's not Mario. If it was Mario wearing Stan's clothes, that would already be more viable (the again, doc was a given). Of course, that's a silly example, and there are way better options for Mario. What people should get from this is that we're making "alternate costumes", not "alternate characters"

this is the answer to everyone's question of Mewtwo over lucario.... NO! :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
As someone who is not a "Zelda fan" (in response to a post on the previous page), I still think that Melee Link is the best designed Link in the entire series.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I always liked OoT Link the most. The right amount of vibrancy from older Zelda games combined with a (at the time) more modern look that's not overly saturated with details.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Y'know, my last post just got me to thinking about Lucina...where does she apply?

The outfits need to be alternate outfits that the actual character wears, but she herself is basically a genderswapped Marth in design that's running around intentionally dressed and disguised as Marth while not really being him but is...

You know what? Nevermind. It's a good thing they made a separate version of Marth with the Awakening design. lol

red9rd

Smash Ace

In your opinion does that put Lucas as the Masked man out of view?

Vashimus

Smash Master
For your worries, let me just reiterate that we're not going to rush alternate costumes, and we won't settle for less when adding them in the game. I can promise you that we're taking our time with them, making sure they make sense, are well-done, and not gimmicky.

We have most of the best model designers the community has to offer, and we have incredible artists with magnificent design sense. They can blow my mind.
The official Project M Back Room Seal of Quality.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
As someone who is not a "Zelda fan" (in response to a post on the previous page), I still think that Melee Link is the best designed Link in the entire series.
I always liked OoT Link the most. The right amount of vibrancy from older Zelda games combined with a (at the time) more modern look that's not overly saturated with details.
Yeah i always prefered OoT/Melee Link because i have the most fondest memories playing Ocarina of Time, Smash 64 and Melee, heck, he is the one Link who is in the best Zelda game and in the best game ever.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah i always prefered OoT/Melee Link because i have the most fondest memories playing Ocarina of Time, Smash 64 and Melee, heck, he is the one Link who is in the best Zelda game and in the best game ever.
I'm talking about his physical appearance, not your personal feelings about the games that he's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom