• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Heheheh,

my heart stopped. Again.

Especially at the concept of what her new costumes will look like. Even the light design colourse are different, something I changed in my personal build. (Not exactly the same as Samus' lights, but I'll live). I like the shadows by the holster and the new headband thingy colours. I noticed.
A̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶B̶r̶a̶w̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶e̶?̶ ̶S̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶.̶ Naw, leg's different. Good luck with those subspace renders though... Naw, I know you'll never change those. Too much memory for two gigglebits, too much work for tiny renders that people don't really care about.

Unrelatedly... How are those cloth physics coming?
',: )

some guy said:
The material of her Brawl suit wraps around and conforms to each boob individually, as if the suit had a "sock" for each boob. No clothing works like this in real life.
That's why they were referred to as, forgive my immature mouth, "boob socks", if you were wondering.

So when is Ivysaur gonna get the same redesign?

♪ It'll make costumes easier! ♫

Holy poop Smashboards, why resize the sprite?!

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
It's been a while, but I thought I could mention here for your pleasure/displeasure and/or reference that I updated my screenshot gallery with a few screenshots of characters and a lot of screenshots of stages to bring it up to a total of over 1140 screenshots.

http://smashboards.com/threads/cnds...-gallery-1140-images-updated-11-11-15.380905/

On the subject of revamped models; can we please get a new Charizard model that looks as good as that Zamus? Because Brawl Charizard is honestly pretty terrible, too.
I don't think Charizard needs an extensive revamp like ZSS. Mostly it seems to me that Charizard's problem is he seems to have weird shading/shadows on his model. I think his model is mostly fine otherwise. Pikachu also has similar issues, and I don't know what could be done to improve Pikachu but he is probably the one I would to see be considered for improvements.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Now only Alien Mewtwo needs a replacement and I'll be happy with the default costumes!

...which will never happen. Oh well, thats why customization is a thing.

Juken

Smash Ace
That Zero Suit Samus still needs some touching up. I hope that they fix it like with the Roy model.

I notice that the face is very odd looking, but I can't put my finger on it though, but the shape just seems doll-like and has a strange "glow" to it like with Sm4sh ZSS. I definitely prefer Brawl Samus' face more because it fits her character/voice more as well; the body/suit on it was my only problem with it.

And then her (new) portrait is awkward as well with the legs. Even in HD, it looks like her leg is just a little stump because of the bad perspective, it will look even worse when shrunken down. It would probably be a good idea if they just stuck with a pose similar to normal Brawl Samus, if not the portrait that was originally in the pack for this model.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
That Zero Suit Samus still needs some touching up. I hope that they fix it like with the Roy model.

I notice that the face is very odd looking, but I can't put my finger on it though, but the shape just seems doll-like and has a strange "glow" to it like with Sm4sh ZSS. I definitely prefer Brawl Samus' face more because it fits her character/voice more as well; the body/suit on it was my only problem with it.

And then her (new) portrait is awkward as well with the legs. Even in HD, it looks like her leg is just a little stump because of the bad perspective, it will look even worse when shrunken down. It would probably be a good idea if they just stuck with a pose similar to normal Brawl Samus, if not the portrait that was originally in the pack for this model.
I'm fine with the face, but I see what you mean by the leg. Maybe just have her lower her at more of an angle.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I actually think it looks super good. It has a lot of movement which is one of her strongest points in game and it also reflects the movement of her whip. I love it.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Random call out that I'm surprised nobody caught in 3.0. Mewtwo's drowning animation is awful. Just sayin.

Edit: Paging @SiLeNtDo0m

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
In competetive play, maybe, but Project M is played by people who don't always go to tournaments, as well. It should be polished like an official Smash game is, at the very least.
Can confirm, I play on water levels. Can't say I drown on them though. I'd bet most people still don't see that animation since they hop back onstage as soon as they're in the water.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I'd be lying if I said I didn't go into training mode just to judge Mewtwo and Roy's water animations yesterday.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Ignoring the spike, I could see a dark Mewtwo like the Smash 3 palette with a glowing orange tail.

A reference to Shadow Mewtwo and a cool looking palette without actually being that character.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So I want Lucas to randomly say "PK Freeze", akin to Ness.
Ignoring the spike, I could see a dark Mewtwo like the Smash 3 palette with a glowing orange tail.

A reference to Shadow Mewtwo and a cool looking palette without actually being that character.
And to top it - the recent discovery of GLOWY MAGIC.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey guys, it's been a long time. Did I miss something?
Not really, it's been sadly quiet. We discussed potential changes to Falcon's N64 palette swap, lots of stupid jokes, blue colours, Squirtle, "Dark Mewtwo", the new Awakening outfit for Roy, and Zero Suit Samus.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I hope Marth gets a tiny visual update on his brawl costume to get make his armor more visually appealing. I feel like Marth looks really lackluster compared to his alt. I hope they give him spec maps on his boots and armor to at least make the metal shine. Maybe on the sheath/sword, if it can fit. I think the armor should also get some slight armor design for just a little more. and it would be easy to draw into the CSPs.

The PM models look so good compared to the brawl ones. I hope they update the brawl ones to the same quality by adding spec maps where they can.

But ZSS Looks so much more appealing now, and PM always has me wanting to main the character in Art Tuesdays.
Thank you based PMDT

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I hope Marth gets a tiny visual update on his brawl costume to get make his armor more visually appealing. I feel like Marth looks really lackluster compared to his alt. I hope they give him spec maps on his boots and armor to at least make the metal shine. Maybe on the sheath/sword, if it can fit. I think the armor should also get some slight armor design for just a little more. and it would be easy to draw into the CSPs.

The PM models look so good compared to the brawl ones. I hope they update the brawl ones to the same quality by adding spec maps where they can.
I don't think there are many characters that need redesigns, except Sonic (who doesn't even closely resemble his CSP), maybe Toon Link.

But you're right; a few tweaks here 'n' there, more glowey bits, more specular bits, and whatever that green/red thing they did with ROB would be nice.
But ZSS Looks so much more appealing now, and PM always has me wanting to main the character in Art Tuesdays.
Thank you based PMDT
I relate with this statement so much. I was always an Ivysaur in Project M, but then 3.6 Olimar came out... And 3.5 Ganondorf... And Samus's fifty costumes... And everyone. Except Fox I hate you Fox. I hate you soooo much.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

Thank you based PMDT
I agree with you, but the amount of work required for that might be unrealistic. I'd still like to see something to that effect, and I'd be willing to wait a long time for it as long as I knew it was coming.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
and whatever that green/red thing they did with ROB would be nice.
Its an Ambient Occlusion map. It makes fake shadows on the model. Since Kart ROB had mostly static objects, we were able to use it. We used the same thing for ZSS's gun holster shadow, since the textures are mirrored.

The reason that theyre green/red are to save filespace. The red channels of the texture use one specular texture, while the green uses another. We also used this for ZSS to save filespace for her.

Teaching moment:
Here is the specular/AO map for ZSS:

The red parts are the specular levels, and the green parts are the AO levels. The suit has a small texture to it to give it more of a spandex feel. The green areas create shadows on the model, mostly under the gun holster. The AO also uses a different UV channel than the specular texture, so this helps us save space by fitting 2 maps onto one texture.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Its an Ambient Occlusion map. It makes fake shadows on the model. Since Kart ROB had mostly static objects, we were able to use it. We used the same thing for ZSS's gun holster shadow, since the textures are mirrored.

The reason that theyre green/red are to save filespace. The red channels of the texture use one specular texture, while the green uses another. We also used this for ZSS to save filespace for her.

Teaching moment:
Here is the specular/AO map for ZSS:

The red parts are the specular levels, and the green parts are the AO levels. The suit has a small texture to it to give it more of a spandex feel. The green areas create shadows on the model, mostly under the gun holster. The AO also uses a different UV channel than the specular texture, so this helps us save space by fitting 2 maps onto one texture.
That's the coolest thing ever! When I saw the shadows on the new Zero Suit Samus' holster (I noticed) I was wondering if you redid the whole UVW just to add that shadow. That also explains a lot about Source Filmmaker, where AO is a big deal. I didn't know what it was at the time - but models that supported it always looked better. Life makes so much sense now.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Not really, it's been sadly quiet. We discussed potential changes to Falcon's N64 palette swap, lots of stupid jokes, blue colours, Squirtle, "Dark Mewtwo", the new Awakening outfit for Roy, and Zero Suit Samus.
Yeah, I just saw the new alt for Roy, and it looks pretty awesome. Now here's hoping that they fix Sheik's head on the sides, because they look weird when her bangs are not covering her (compare that to her Melee model), as well as classic Sheik's leg sides, which seems to be an artifact from her Brawl model.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just saw the new alt for Roy, and it looks pretty awesome. Now here's hoping that they fix Sheik's head on the sides, because they look weird when her bangs are not covering her (compare that to her Melee model), as well as classic Sheik's leg sides, which seems to be an artifact from her Brawl model.
Could you post a picture of what you're thinking?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, today's Tuesday, ain't it?

I bet Nanobuds'll pop in, post a blurry jpeg of the texture for Jigglypuff's band, then leave. Just out of spite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom