• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The problem with the smash 4 run is that hunched over people don't just start running upright like they're in the olympics lol. Although if they tweaked the animation a bit to make it look like Bowers having a lil trouble running or something it could work
That would take creativity, but it could work. I'm cool with it so long as they don't give him a bad limp or something. LOL

Draco_The

Smash Lord
just give bowser his smash 4 run
making bowser a quadruped is a bad idea, and that animation looks really silly. his shell shouldn't be able to compress like that...
Then you got a lot to complain about because his shell does things like that in a lot of animations.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
idk i kinda like the tank run, it's fun and unique

especially cool on gigabowser with the sparks and hitboxes

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
idk i kinda like the tank run, it's fun and unique

especially cool on gigabowser with the sparks and hitboxes
Gigabowser should definitely remain unchanged. Even though it makes no sense on Bowser to move via seizure, "sense" isn't really a thing that applies to a god.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
About Bowser... Even though I'm in love with Tuxedo Bowser, Rookie Bowser, and semi-alty costumes, I think they should also change his palette a little. Kind of like Sonic. Mostly because the changes aren't very significant, partly because if someone's playing as default Bowser and a semi-alt Bowser, it might be hard to tell the difference. Maybe Tuxedo Bowser could have White Bowser's chains and shell, while Rookie Bowser has the Melee swap, to represent that era? They're only two years apart-ish. A Dark Bowser swap, though I'm not fond of it, is very popular, easy, and a general good idea, with the default Bowser pose, of course. Bowser also needs more purple.

As for Bowser costumes there are a lot to chose from and I would like to see him get some more love distinctive in game appearances wise. I mean hell Samus got mad love in that department. So idk does he have room for only 3 more?
Current Bowser Project M Costumes

..........1........................2........................3.........................4...........................5.....................6.........................7......

Bowser Alternative Appearances/Forms Most Wanted to least Wanted
Melee Bowser

SMB1 Nintendo Advertisements Appearance

The SMB Super Show

SMB1 Manual Art
In place of the 4th skin/Blue Team Since that current costume seems like it is suppose to poorly represent it.

Meowser
Maybe replace the 3rd Skin/Red Team to enable a larger diversity of Bowser Costumes?

Rookie Bowser
Maybe Make Taunt Accessible to reserve costume slots?

Mario Strikers Bowser
Maybe Make Taunt Accessible to reserve costume slots?

Wedding Bowser
Make possibly taunt accessible too to save costume slots?

Non-Bowser/Bowser Look a likes Most wanted to least wanted.
Dark Bowser

Bowletta
Though I don't necessarily agree about your most-to-least wanted order, I like the collection you have here, and the li'l notes you added. The Rookie Bowser might be hard to Smash-taunt in terms of model, but you still deserve a raise. I think Bowletta changes his identity a bit too much, and her certain "parts" scare me.

Agreed. This idea can be seen in Smash 4's Giga Bowser, which also uses the seizure-dash.
So Giga Bowser in Smash 4 is completely unchanged from Brawl, right? I know for certain he doesn't have the same side-smash. The inconsistency of the standard moves bothers me.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You've caught me: I actually haven't played much Smash 4, so I can't attest to all of Giga's moves. Pls forgive me

I've always been partial to just updating the base Bowser model and going from there. The additional benefit that comes from it is that you can just make the other Bowsers more cartoony and mild like Brawl Bowser was (probably with the exception of Dark Bowser, but he'd be easily discernible anyway).

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
hey

back with more Sword queries

still not too keen on the idea of no Sword of Seals for Alt Roy, but I have another suggestion -

latest.gif

why not give his Alt Durandal, his father Eliwood's legendary weapon (at least in FE7)? it's literally known as "the Blazing Sword". I'd kill to see this in smash.

see I can be non-canon and fun too guys

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Do people still miss Peach's Castle Melee? Why not make a semi clone of it set on the roof of Luigi's Mansion?

Ghosts could move the little platforms up and down, maybe even with new paths. The shy guy ghosts could have a campfire off to the side. I think that'd be a good use of a stage alt.

Edit: I forgot to mention that by semi clone, it doesn't need to have the same exact collisions, blast zones, etc, but use the general stage layout to satisfy that wall tech niche.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think it would be the opposite: Brawl Luigi's Mansion would be the stage alt. and the new Peach's Castle Mansion style would be the default competitive stage. Whether or not it is legal the newer competitive version of a stage is always the default one.

Good idea, I can see it having a lot of personality compared to the original.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Do people still miss Peach's Castle Melee? Why not make a semi clone of it set on the roof of Luigi's Mansion?

Ghosts could move the little platforms up and down, maybe even with new paths. The shy guy ghosts could have a campfire off to the side. I think that'd be a good use of a stage alt.

Edit: I forgot to mention that by semi clone, it doesn't need to have the same exact collisions, blast zones, etc, but use the general stage layout to satisfy that wall tech niche.
Now where have I heard that before...
Hahaha!
When I first mentioned it, I took a look at the trophy model, it's almost the same as Peach's castle. Almost.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Somehow I missed you suggesting that.

But did you think about hiding 50 boos in the stage? Best easter egg.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
No thanx on all that Bowser's dash change idea. Project M is built upon Brawl, Inspired be Melee/Smash64 and Project M isn't Smash 4. It is unique.Smash 4 took inspiration from some PM stuff but I don't think PM should take on a lot of Smash 4 inspired shenanigans. Let PM be PM. Plus I love Bowser to much for that. I don't like his new appearance in Smash 4 or him running on all fours, he isn't Ivysaur or a man.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
No thanx on all that Bowser's dash change idea. Project M is built upon Brawl, Inspired be Melee/Smash64 and Project M isn't Smash 4. It is unique.Smash 4 took inspiration from some PM stuff but I don't think PM should take on a lot of Smash 4 inspired shenanigans. Let PM be PM. Plus I love Bowser to much for that. I don't like his new appearance in Smash 4 or him running on all fours, he isn't Ivysaur or a man.
He's also not a train, a skater, nor an anti-physics anomaly.
Just because it was something that was changed in Smash 4, doesn't mean it inspired Project M, it's a change that's been pretty badly needed. It's just too weird.

My linked video is a bit wonky 'cause it's so short. :link64:

Last edited:

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I think its awesome and unique. Changing it is not "badly needed". As it is currently its not a character flaw at all, it doesn't hinder him in anyway. Changing it could change it into a flaw for PM's Smash veteran players though. Thus creating a decrease in Bowser players.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I think its awesome and unique. Changing it is not "badly needed". As it is currently its not a character flaw at all, it doesn't hinder him in anyway. Changing it could change it into a flaw for PM's Smash veteran players though. Thus creating a decrease in Bowser players.
You're entitled to your opinion, but you should know that the reason it's being mentioned here is that a decent sum of people disagree with you. Whether it's enough to change things in PM, I don't know, but it's not just a few guys.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Smash 4 took inspiration from some PM
Not proven, simply coincidence.
but I don't think PM should take on a lot of Smash 4 inspired shenanigans.
Dunno where you've been in the past year, but p:m already has a number of smash 4 inspired content.
I don't like his new appearance in Smash 4 or him running on all fours, he isn't Ivysaur or a man.
"I don't like the way bowser's looked or stood since any appearance after melee, including his canon appearances where he's quite literally standing upright."

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
At the very least there are as many on the side I reside but that is all fair my good sir. To each their own.

Also in a counter argument it is irrelevant that PM took inspiration from Smash 4 since we all know that and that is part of why I said PM shouldn't. On another note it doesn't take evidence when a brain dead chimp can tell that Smash 4 took some inspiration from PM. At the same time how much inspiration is hard to say maybe that's the cause of confusion. Melee/Brawl Bowser's appearance followed cannon appearances. Smash 4 Bowser stands in a posture Bowser has never stood in until Smash 4, he has always been hunched over and has never ever stood that straight in any game ever. As of Smash4 he appears to be perverted by Bandai/Namco appearance, moves and animation wise. Smash 4 Bowser is absolutely the least canon appearance in existence.

PS: Bowser doesn't run in his games and his legs most certainly wouldn't allow for him to be able to run like that.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Man I disagree with almost everything you say, but you do raise a good point. Bowser has only ever walked on two feet in every game he's ever been in, so making hIm run on all fours all of the sudden would be a strange decision. I get that the pmdt may want to go the whole "bowser is a wild green monster thing that's gonna eat you" route (think Blanka), but I just can't see it looking anything other than ridiculous.

I'm still in the boat that thinks he should get a new rig and an updated model similar to what he has in smash 4 simply because it's a safe choice, it would look good, and it would give the animators more flexibility when thinking of and working on his animations. It would be a lot of work though.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think PM should take on a lot of Smash 4 inspired shenanigans. Let PM be PM. Plus I love Bowser too much for that. I don't like his new appearance in Smash 4 or him running on all fours, he isn't Ivysaur or a man.
I think the flaw in your reasoning is if Bowser were given a two legged run it would somehow be "copying" Smash 4. The way I picture it would be very different looking in its animation and like you said, Smash 4 didn't invent the idea that Bowser walks on two legs, it can't be said to invent the idea of running on them either.

Nor do I think it would look silly for a giant turtle monster to be stomping toward you in big leaps ready to strike. It would be terrifying. The Smash 4 run animation is silly because he looks so dainty during it.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I can understand why people might want to change Bowser's run animation, but I like it the way it is. It's intimidating and almost makes him seem like a tank. Him running on all fours would just look silly, and updating his model so that he could properly run on two legs would take a good deal of work that wouldn't really be worth it.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Well guys, it's finally happening.

We all knew that one day a difference in interest would split the entire PM community. Some thought it would be recovery nerfs. Some thought it would be the existence of Automatic L-Cancelling.

But they thought wrong. Bowser's run animation is clearly on the cusp of starting a civil war within the PM Boards.

First, friends will turn on friends..
The PMDT will divide into two groups..
Strong Bad will stop paying the electricity bill..
It will be hopeless..
We could go on for hours of bloodshed,
arguing about this run animation.. ;-;

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What if, instead of using his hands when he runs, like a kitty kitty, he used his FISTS?!!
That would be so scawwy.

Last edited:

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
What if, instead of using his hands when he runs, like a kitty kitty, he used his FISTS?!!
That would be so scawwy.
Well I like the kitty kitty run because that just gives more reason to make Meowser official.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
The PMDT Bowser run is fine.

Though personally I would like to see a version of his run where he runs on 2 legs.. In SM64/DS I found he runs like a T-Rex.

Shin F.

Smash Master
What
how do you live
Well, the options are barreling toward you like a giant that''ll crush you under his feet, motoring towards you like a tank that'll crush you beneath its treads, or dashing toward you like a cat that's gonna eviscerate you with the daggers it has in place of claws.

There is no losing situation here.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Well, the options are barreling toward you like a giant that''ll crush you under his feet, motoring towards you like a tank that'll crush you beneath its treads, or dashing toward you like a cat that's gonna eviscerate you with the daggers it has in place of claws.

Ah, to have the gleaming eyes of an optimist again...

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast

I think this is the first post you've made that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
So a magic man was able to fix Beta Meta Knight's shoes, give Zero Suit Samus some magic glowey and some specular map, he's pretty much awesome.

I had a thought - so there was that guy who made that art for Pikmin Olimar, with two variants, normal and purple zombie. I think the idea could be worked on, but it's still cool. The information for Pikmin are kept in the same file for each costume. What if they made the Pikmin zombified for the purple zombie version, but used purple rim lighting? Like a less crappy version of this:
PikminSpecies.png

I also think that Zero Suit Samus should have a holster.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
So a magic man was able to fix Beta Meta Knight's shoes, give Zero Suit Samus some magic glowey and some specular map, he's pretty much awesome.

I had a thought - so there was that guy who made that art for Pikmin Olimar, with two variants, normal and purple zombie. I think the idea could be worked on, but it's still cool. The information for Pikmin are kept in the same file for each costume. What if they made the Pikmin zombified for the purple zombie version, but used purple rim lighting? Like a less crappy version of this:
View attachment 66834
I also think that Zero Suit Samus should have a holster.
OH SHIZZLE NANO LIKED IT THAT TOTALLY 100% MEANS IT'S HAPPENING!!!

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Oh man, I forgot about the Waluigi PSA! I really hope he gets added to PM..

I just realized, does Peach's tennis racket in her F-Smash actually look like a racket she'd use in Mario Tennis? :O

Last edited:

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
A lot of F-Zero characters have similar appearances to Captain Falcon, and not just talking about Blood Falcon:

Beastman:

Phoenix:

BABA:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom