• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
If Squirtle wears ninja garb and Charizard wears knight armor, then personally I'd like Ivysaur to somehow look like it's dressed in a wizard or mage getup somehow. But that's just me.
Charizard's alt doesn't really strike me as a knight tho
It seems more like an armored beast
Charizard's fighting style doesn't lend itself to any form of honor
The render doesn't really represent knighthood either
Zard is a dragon. He is savage and ruthless. He's no knight.
The armor is there for functionality and nothing more

I'd like to say that I don't like the armor tho. It takes away a certain feeling of freedom.
Him wearing armor implies he has some form of master. Wild animals can't just make armor.
The symbol on his chest represents an alliance to a greater power. He's a soldier in someone's army. Serving someone's orders.
I prefer believing that Charizard is a wild Pokemon that serves his own needs. A wildass dragon.
A badass dragon.

The alt looks good, and I'm not trying to say my interpretation of Charizard's character is the only true interpretation, I'm just sharing my personal thoughts on it and hope that Zard could get something else in the future that stays true to the savage side of him.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Oh god I got an idea. U ready for this? Alph, Brittany, and Charlie cosplays for Olimar. BOOOOOM
If by cosplay you mean simply wear their suits, I'm 100% on board.

Edit: also hair color.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Charizard's alt doesn't really strike me as a knight tho
It seems more like an armored beast
Charizard's fighting style doesn't lend itself to any form of honor
The render doesn't really represent knighthood either
Zard is a dragon. He is savage and ruthless. He's no knight.
The armor is there for functionality and nothing more

I'd like to say that I don't like the armor tho. It takes away a certain feeling of freedom.
Him wearing armor implies he has some form of master. Wild animals can't just make armor.
The symbol on his chest represents an alliance to a greater power. He's a soldier in someone's army. Serving someone's orders.
I prefer believing that Charizard is a wild Pokemon that serves his own needs. A wildass dragon.
A badass dragon.

The alt looks good, and I'm not trying to say my interpretation of Charizard's character is the only true interpretation, I'm just sharing my personal thoughts on it and hope that Zard could get something else in the future that stays true to the savage side of him.
. . .

THAT WAS DEEP.

Heh, it'd be funny if Pikmin had helmets with the aforementioned Casual Olimar outfit. Or if Olimar had a Pikmin outfit, and the Pikmin had spacesuits.

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
After seeing the short movies i really want to see more expressionate Pikmin like the yellows thumbs up, If Giant Pikmin could have been a fighter or even part of a reworked Olimar & Pikmin its alts could have been the colors and seeing yellow taunt and repeat that expression from the bottle short would be cool

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
After seeing the short movies i really want to see more expressionate Pikmin like the yellows thumbs up, If Giant Pikmin could have been a fighter or even part of a reworked Olimar & Pikmin its alts could have been the colors and seeing yellow taunt and repeat that expression from the bottle short would be cool
I just saw them too, Pikmin taunts would be awesome. I think that Alph and Charlie costumes should have their white and purple Pikmin replaced with flying and rock pikmin, functioning the same.
I made this, a crappy version of something that could be awesome if done by a not me.
Olimar with hairdos! IT'S BRILLIANT!!

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any of Peach's sports outfits would be acceptable for P:M as Peach has an attack where she uses her dress. Most of her sports outfits don't have a dress so it would be harder to see where the attack is.
Huh. Well, that sucks.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Heh, it'd be funny if Pikmin had helmets with the aforementioned Casual Olimar outfit. Or if Olimar had a Pikmin outfit, and the Pikmin had spacesuits.
Or, to take it one step further, we could make Olimar a Pikmin then all the Pikmin are mini Olimars.:yeahboi:

Last edited:

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
well I
the hats and no feet make it a no go.
well I was wondering because the instead of a sheet over the top part it could simply be white recolor for that part and the bottom being editied I wasn't sure if the feet would affect it because I only read about the hats or is it because of hats like donkey kong and shiek?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
racter an alt eventually.

the hats and no feet make it a no go.
Actually... That might actually work. Usually hats affect he top of the head, for the ones that don't, they usually have their own model. If not, the team might take a few creative liberties with it. Kirby often attacks with his feet, so that would be a problem, they would have to add some. What's that from, anyway?

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I have a question.. i duno if this would be considered as art, it kinda is maybe lol. But is mewtwo ever gona get the correct shadow ball charge SFX? It really bothers me that the SFX are just Lucarios sfx. I mean if there isnt enough space for all the different Shadow Ball SFX cant he at least use the correct sfx without the different pitches? But at the same time, arent there bosses that use the same SFX more than once that automatically change the pitches of the SFX?

Now for something more certainly on topic, here is my list of costumes I hope to get to see by the PMDT in the future:

Meta Knight:
Galacta Knight
Samurai Meta Knight

Samus:
Dark Suit - http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080323023825/metroid/images/8/8f/Darksuit_Artwork.jpg
PED Suit (notmal and corrupted would be great) - http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100309185836/metroid/images/8/82/Samus_Aran_MP3.jpg

ZSS:
Orange fusion zerosuit - http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/6/6c/Metroidzero05.png
Black zerosuit - http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100106020956/metroid/images/b/b9/Bikinisupermetroid.gif

Snake:
Young snake
Old snake
I would absolutely love for the Dark Suit to receive the same treatment as the Light Suit, which ended looking amazing, i wouldn't mind it replacing the Dark Suit recolor.

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
Actually... That might actually work. Usually hats affect he top of the head, for the ones that don't, they usually have their own model. If not, the team might take a few creative liberties with it. Kirby often attacks with his feet, so that would be a problem, they would have to add some. What's that from, anyway?
Im not sure actually im still trying to look find it I was sitting there trying to think of Kirby alts that would avoid the hats but still be an full alt rather than a recolor and I was thinking the feet were safe for editing so i though of Kirby no feet and it made me think to google Kirby ghost and found that

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
I would still like to see triple D Bowser alts.
We already got Dry Bowser,
now we just need Dark Bowser and Dreamy Bowser.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice

You'd never know if the guy had the Smashball of not XD

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I would still like to see triple D Bowser alts.
We already got Dry Bowser,
now we just need Dark Bowser and Dreamy Bowser.
Two characters I will never understand the hype behind: Galacta Knight and Dark Bowser.
I, personally, think the Wedding Bowser, Rookie Bowser with some slight tweaks, and (don't worry @ ConDeeCas ConDeeCas , I got you covered) Meowser would be an excellent choice!

Ooh, and even Koopa Bros. costumes would be awesome! SO AWESOME!!

All-in-all, every Smash Bros. male character should wear a fancy suit, and for the females, a fancy dress, of some kind.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
My friends on my hallway desperately want me to make an Olimar skin where you play as a giant Pikmin pulling out and throwing little Olimars. :drshrug:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like to see Tock's James McCloud and Quickdraw Metaknight in the official patch. I just get so many feels playing as Fox's father, and QD Metaknight is so well done.
The Wii ROB also looks pretty sweet.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'd really like to see Tock's James McCloud and Quickdraw Metaknight in the official patch. I just get so many feels playing as Fox's father, and QD Metaknight is so well done.
The Wii ROB also looks pretty sweet.
All of his costumes are great really, they should add all of them!
Though the Pikmin suit, Ninten, and Ditto might break a few of the rules...

Malion

Smash Ace
Having an official looking samus render in a QWOP pose would be beyond hilarious.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Anybody know what the new black Ivysaur alt is based off of?

Also for those who were wondering, here's what I think a new Ivy costume should look like.
Also that sideways Pikachu hat should really look like Ethan's hat from Gen 2.
Also since the PMDT stated before that their target product is nostalgia, here's a potential Pikachu R/S headband(?)
Also Phoenix recolor for C. Falcon and Dr. Stewart recolor for Classic Falcon pls?

Also I still have an in development design for a Rock Climber IC alt..

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Also for those who were wondering, here's what I think a new Ivy costume should look like.
Code:
<spoiler>
I love that pic.Gardener Ivysaur fits(roughly)with the female-labelled Ivysaur we have.
Besides,the other 2 Poke-Trainer Pokemon have alts...we gotta to be fair to Ivy.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

Also since the PMDT stated before that their target product is nostalgia, here's a potential Pikachu R/S headband(?)
Code:
<spoiler>
Isn't Pikachu's green costume already based off of the Gen 3 trainer but in his Emerald attire(which is green)?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Isn't Pikachu's green costume already based off of the Gen 3 trainer but in his Emerald attire(which is green)?
Yes, but with ORAS coming out soon, I figured it'd be cool if Pikachu got another headband based on the original R/S black headband. Because black is cool.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
I agree with every alt mentioned so far (especially Meowser and Gardener Ivysaur) and I have TWO suggestions.

(Sorry about no spoilers don't know how XD)

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I agree with every alt mentioned so far (especially Meowser and Gardener Ivysaur) and I have TWO suggestions.

(Sorry about no spoilers don't know how XD)
Frozn was kind enough to show me how recently-

This is marked as spoiler

Code:
[spoiler] This is marked as spoiler [/spoiler]

Multi
spoilers

Code:
[spoiler] Multi [spoiler] spoilers [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Fix'd my shtuff.
Also I fully support the idea of a SMB Peach costume.

In addition, I found some item sprites from Mother 3 after some intense searching that NEED to be used for some Lucas recolors.

DC/MC shirt.

Good Kid's shirt.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Also, someone should make some snazzy CSPs for them, because i have no patience to QWOP the models
Here are some terrible recolors of the original one I just made because I wanted to.

Narpas_sword

Here are some terrible recolors of the original one I just made because I wanted to.

haha, about the best i can do with recolouring csp's too =p

im not really a fan of the pose though tbh, ill ahve to get my QWOP on.
At least making them in brawlbox gives me the right colours too =)

@ Nanobuds Nanobuds , is the pose you have for the render saved as an animation anywhere?

reptiloidjeanspisser

Smash Rookie
yo does anyone else feel uncomfortable w the new zero suit costumes? they look awful for one thing and zero suit samus is oversexualized enough as is (THANKS OTHER M)

anyway yall lets talk about dry bones as a yoshi skin instead of that ugly grey recolor :~{l project m needs more skeletons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom