• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
It's not about liking. It's about referencing other characters. Which is what I was going for. Either through recolours or through an outfit change.

Like here...

I know this might be dismissed immediately but I also recall people saying Marcia from FE10 would be a good alt for Roy, and she does look pretty similar to him. right down to the shoulder pads and headband. So I figured I'd combine the two and see how they looked.

I don't know about you but I kind of like it. It would at the very least be a cool recolour for Roy.

marcia for reference
I could see that working.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
It's not about liking. It's about referencing other characters. Which is what I was going for. Either through recolours or through an outfit change.
If people don't like it why go through the trouble just for a reference
Why not do something more people will find aesthetically pleasing but also references something

Malion

Smash Ace
If people don't like it why go through the trouble just for a reference
Why not do something more people will find aesthetically pleasing but also references something
I should have clarified. It's not just what certain people want. Some people like different things. And I'm sure a lot of people will find something like what I've mocked up aesthetically pleasing, even if it's not what they expected... probably with a few more tweaks than I've provided but still.

And hey at least i will have opened peoples minds to the possibilities and somebody will end up making an edit of it for the vault. A man can dreeeam.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Lucario isn't based off Ryu, or anyone outside smash.

It just happened to look similar due to the hold items that were implemented.

So no, we won't intentionally reference Akuma.
Sure, it's understandable that Akuma will not be referenced intentionally and Fighting Gi Lucario is obv no reference to Ryu.
Did you know that Pokemon can have Pokeballs as hold items?
How about we give some to Lucario around his neck instead of the headband?

Maybe the Luxury Ball

And hey, wouldn't it be cool to have an escape rope as a belt?

http://www.collectorscache.com/storemodules/ProductImages/979/escape-rope.jpg

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Yeah, I forgot the guy's name for a second lol. and I've read the manga too >.>

I'm starting to like Beta Roy more just because I'd love to see more Beta costumes.

Sorry to change the topic, but after seeing the awesome Shinobi Squirtle and Fighting Gi Lucario, I was coming up with ideas for Pikachu. Raichu's one of my fave Pokemon, however, that's not going to happen (unless, maybe Pika's wearing a Raichu hoodie/recolour or something?), but I remembered that Lt. Surge is known for his Raichu (well, he does have a Pikachu, but still, I do more associate him with Raichu). It got me thinking that maybe Pika can sport a military motif? Something like an army helmet, a small camo jacket similar to Surge, and maybe having the ability to wear some shades (as Surge has some).

Maybe even have a belt with mini binoculars attached, as seen being hold by his Raichu in the TCG:

So... Pika cosplaying as Lt. Surge!? Lol, I think a military Pikachu would be pretty badass either way. Or, if you want to base a costume off of trainer classes, there's some that specialize in electric Pokemon like the Guitarist and Engineer:

Although it would be cool to see a Light Ball included somehow.
I think this is a great idea. Though I want to see the new masked Pikachu first.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
The leg look a bit feminine, as does the armor bra.
I kinda like it though, provided the armor covered more of his chest, because he's a Lord (right?) and Marcia was a Pegasus Knight (right...?), so for her it would make sense to have a bit less armor. Maybe change the armor on his feet too imo, they look like booties to me, not sure why because they are certainly NOT boots in anyway.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Aww, why does Roy have to cross-dress? Like, I'm just looking at the Smash fandom here, and Marth is usually the one put in girl clothing. Let's have a Shiida costume for Marth!

jk, jk. =P

For Marth, my vote goes to his classic design. Pantless Marth is best Marth! :awesome: Then I could sing: You don't needs pants for the victory dance!~ ♪

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with cross-dressing, it's just that there are other costumes I prefer to see Roy have before. I do like the idea of Roy having a pink-ish colour scheme though. Pink = manly colour.

Malion

Smash Ace
The leg look a bit feminine, as does the armor bra.
I kinda like it though, provided the armor covered more of his chest, because he's a Lord (right?) and Marcia was a Pegasus Knight (right...?), so for her it would make sense to have a bit less armor. Maybe change the armor on his feet too imo, they look like booties to me, not sure why because they are certainly NOT boots in anyway.
I will admit I should have spent more time on the legs but those weren't as obvious on what to change as the torso was... like changing the chest size and the waist size in comparison to it, etc.

I feel it looks less like a bra and more like a chest plate but I can see where you'd have issue. I think it's worth tweaking everything a bit more and seeing what comes of it.

I did alter the boots a little making them non high heeled, but they do sort of look strange now, haha. Not sure how to go about making them more normal without losing the design style already there... if you alter a design too much you aren't even using the design anymore... that's what happened with Hector Ike, and it was something I was trying to avoid here... to at least make a rule 63 Marcia outfit for Roy. lol

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Here are my most favorite costumes for the cast.

:luigi2:- Dr. Luigi, Dealer Luigi, Cowboy Luigi, SMB Movie Luigi
:peach:- Sunshine Peach, Explorer Peach,
:bowser2:- Dark Bowser, Wedding Bowser, SMB1 Box Art Bowser,
Donkey Kong -
:dk2:- CLASSIC Swanky Kong Cosplay & colors
:diddy:- Backwards Hat & Glasses Diddy, DK64 Recolors, Timber Cosplay

Legend of Zelda -
:link2:- Ordon Link, HW Soldier Link
:zelda:- HW Zelda
:sheik:- HW Shiek
:ganondorf:- Phantom Ganon
:toonlink:- ALttP Link recolors, Conductor Link, Minish Cap Tink, Outset recolors
Metroid -
:samus2:- MP2 Samus Blue Recolor, true Dark Suit, Phazon Suit(recolor to replace the Dark Suit recolor), PED Suit, Corrupted PED Suit/Hazard Shield
:zerosuitsamus:- Zero Mission Ending (Pic 2), Super Metroid Ending, Metroid Fusion Ending, Justin Bailey,
Retro -
:pit:- Sacred Treasures, Kid Icarus Uprising Fighter Armor
:popo:- Real Ice Climbers, Hoods Down, Anime Ice Climbers, "Animal Pelt Climbers"
:rob:- SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB, N64 ROB, DS ROB, Atomic Purple recolor (Pic 2),
:gw:- Orange, Purple, White, Silver, Gold, and other recolors, Chef G&W
Kirby -
:kirby2:- Grape, Charcoal, Orange, Snow... just recolors in general. Dark Matter recolor, Yarn Recolor
:metaknight:- Quickdraw Meta Knight, Draw Meta Knight, Galacta Knight Cosplay,
:dedede:- Quickdraw Dedede, Masked Dedede, Draw Dedede,
Pikmin -
:olimar:- Alph, Brittany and Charlie-like recolors, Bad Ending Pikmin Olimar

Star Fox -
:wolf:- Pirate Wolf recolors.
F-Zero -
:falcon:- Classic Captain Falcon, Super Falcon Suit, Dr. Summers recolor, Mach Rider recolor

Pokemon -
:pikachu2:- Pichu Backpack, Melee Fedora, Yellow's Hat, Mystery Dungeon Scarf
:squirtle:- Clone Squirtle,
:ivysaur:- Clone Ivysaur (Based on Clone Venusaur or Clone Bulbasaur), Gardening Ivysaur
:charizard:- Clone Charizard, Dragonite colored, Armored Charizard
:lucario:- Shiny Lucario/Red gi recolor, Evil Lucario (PM Unlocked image seems to be gone?)
:mewtwopm:- Shiny Mewtwo in Silver & Gold Armor, Original Orange Mewtwo
:jigglypuff:- Nurse Joy Hat, El Globo, Smash 64 Bow
Fire Emblem -
:marth:-
Awakening Marth, Avatar Cosplay, Seliph Cosplay
:roypm:- Awakening Roy (Pic 2), Perceval Cosplay, Leif Cosplay, Wolt Cosplay
:ike:- Lord Ike (Pic 2), Vanguard Ike (Pic 2), Hero Ike (Pic 2)
Earthbound -
:ness2:-
Robot Ness, Jeff's school uniform, Ghost Ness
:lucas:- DCMC shirt, Duster's clothes / recolor, Earthbound 64 outfit
Third Party -
:snake:-
Big Boss / Naked Snake, Old Snake, Tuxedo Snake, Twin Snakes Solid Snake, Iroquois Pliskin
:sonic:- Silver-Colored Sonic, Orange-Colored Sonic, Sonic Boom Sonic, Riders Sonic, Link Sonic, Soap Shoes, Sonic Rivals Bonus Race Suits, Evil Sonic / Scourge (Pre-Master Emerald), Scourge, Stealth the Hedgehog (Spider-Man Sonic),

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Here are my most favorite costumes for the cast.

:luigi2:- Dr. Luigi, Dealer Luigi, Cowboy Luigi, SMB Movie Luigi
:peach:- Sunshine Peach, Explorer Peach,
:bowser2:- Dark Bowser, Wedding Bowser, SMB1 Box Art Bowser,
Donkey Kong -
:dk2:- CLASSIC Swanky Kong Cosplay & colors
:diddy:- Backwards Hat & Glasses Diddy, DK64 Recolors, Timber Cosplay

Legend of Zelda -
:link2:- Ordon Link, HW Soldier Link
:zelda:- HW Zelda
:sheik:- HW Shiek
:ganondorf:- Phantom Ganon
:toonlink:- ALttP Link recolors, Conductor Link, Minish Cap Tink, Outset recolors
Metroid -
:samus2:- MP2 Samus Blue Recolor, true Dark Suit, Phazon Suit(recolor to replace the Dark Suit recolor), PED Suit, Corrupted PED Suit/Hazard Shield
:zerosuitsamus:- Zero Mission Ending (Pic 2), Super Metroid Ending, Metroid Fusion Ending, Justin Bailey,
Retro -
:pit:- Sacred Treasures, Kid Icarus Uprising Fighter Armor
:popo:- Real Ice Climbers, Hoods Down, Anime Ice Climbers, "Animal Pelt Climbers"
:rob:- SNES ROB, Gamecube ROB, Wii ROB, N64 ROB, DS ROB, Atomic Purple recolor (Pic 2),
:gw:- Orange, Purple, White, Silver, Gold, and other recolors, Chef G&W
Kirby -
:kirby2:- Grape, Charcoal, Orange, Snow... just recolors in general. Dark Matter recolor, Yarn Recolor
:metaknight:- Quickdraw Meta Knight, Draw Meta Knight, Galacta Knight Cosplay,
:dedede:- Quickdraw Dedede, Masked Dedede, Draw Dedede,
Pikmin -
:olimar:- Alph, Brittany and Charlie-like recolors, Bad Ending Pikmin Olimar

Star Fox -
:wolf:- Pirate Wolf recolors.
F-Zero -
:falcon:- Classic Captain Falcon, Super Falcon Suit, Dr. Summers recolor, Mach Rider recolor

Pokemon -
:pikachu2:- Pichu Backpack, Melee Fedora, Yellow's Hat, Mystery Dungeon Scarf
:squirtle:- Clone Squirtle,
:ivysaur:- Clone Ivysaur (Based on Clone Venusaur or Clone Bulbasaur), Gardening Ivysaur
:charizard:- Clone Charizard, Dragonite colored, Armored Charizard
:lucario:- Shiny Lucario/Red gi recolor, Evil Lucario (PM Unlocked image seems to be gone?)
:mewtwopm:- Shiny Mewtwo in Silver & Gold Armor, Original Orange Mewtwo
:jigglypuff:- Nurse Joy Hat, El Globo, Smash 64 Bow
Fire Emblem -
:marth:-
Awakening Marth, Avatar Cosplay, Seliph Cosplay
:roypm:- Awakening Roy (Pic 2), Perceval Cosplay, Leif Cosplay, Wolt Cosplay
:ike:- Lord Ike (Pic 2), Vanguard Ike (Pic 2), Hero Ike (Pic 2)
Earthbound -
:ness2:-
Robot Ness, Jeff's school uniform, Ghost Ness
:lucas:- DCMC shirt, Duster's clothes / recolor, Earthbound 64 outfit
Third Party -
:snake:-
Big Boss / Naked Snake, Old Snake, Tuxedo Snake, Twin Snakes Solid Snake, Iroquois Pliskin
:sonic:- Silver-Colored Sonic, Orange-Colored Sonic, Sonic Boom Sonic, Riders Sonic, Link Sonic, Soap Shoes, Sonic Rivals Bonus Race Suits, Evil Sonic / Scourge (Pre-Master Emerald), Scourge, Stealth the Hedgehog (Spider-Man Sonic),
Thunks4Sharing

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I want Robot Ness and Dr Luigi just so I can see the PMBR's take on them.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I'll forever call them the PMBR even though I'm wrong, because it stands for Project M Bdevelopment Rteam.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
So I read the current list of suggestions, and if you're planning to make an OoT alternate for Sheik, would it be possible to give her the feminine tweaks she is given in the 3DS remake (you know, the one that properly shows her as a girl in drag)?

And Impa cosplay? I'm very curious about that. Would it mean unmasking her face? If so, I'm all for it!

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
So I read the current list of suggestions, and if you're planning to make an OoT alternate for Sheik, would it be possible to give her the feminine tweaks she is given in the 3DS remake (you know, the one that properly shows her as a girl in drag)?

And Impa cosplay? I'm very curious about that. Would it mean unmasking her face? If so, I'm all for it!
I'd prefer the straight up Melee design. I really don't like the more feminine tweaks. The point is that Zelda is disguising herself as a guy to avoid detection. Why make Sheik more feminine?

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
...What are the tweaks that made her more feminine? Is it the shoulders and the size of the arms? Maybe the pants too?
Compare the original masculine design from the N64 game to the slender 3DS design, which shows Sheik properly as a girl pretending to be a dude (on par with her TP styled design, minus the braid), instead of a gender bender that many people assumed her to be for years. Yes, she was supposed to pretend to be a guy, but her current remake design shows it more realistically.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Probably out of the question since OoT seems to be the Zelda character trend, but some SS concept art would be neat.

Also how come Fatty Whale Squirtle didn't make OP?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Probably out of the question since OoT seems to be the Zelda character trend, but some SS concept art would be neat.

Also how come Fatty Whale Squirtle didn't make OP?
You're right! Broken Images would be neat.

And, just haven't gotten to it. Everything makes the OP. It's just a lot to keep up with. Rest assured I'll get it.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Alright it finally works now.

And yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to the cutest Zelda in the series being a skin.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I have a question. I don't really know how dress bones work, but would slightly shortening or adding length to the dress truly mess up hitboxes that much, as opposed to something drastic, like Peach or Zelda being in a miniskirt? I ask this because I do like the picture that was recently posted, though it does not seem to match the length of Brawl Zelda's dress. Adding a little length shouldn't be a big problem, but I know nothing about dress bones so me saying that is like saying I know how to pilot a rocketship, you just go up.

I am imagining dress bones are kind of like this:

---------o------------o-----------Hip

with the -'s being the actual bones, the o's being joints, and the Hip being the hip. Could someone give me more info? I'm really more curious then anything really. Also, is it possible to add dress bones to something??

Shin F.

Smash Master
I have a question. I don't really know how dress bones work, but would slightly shortening or adding length to the dress truly mess up hitboxes that much, as opposed to something drastic, like Peach or Zelda being in a miniskirt? I ask this because I do like the picture that was recently posted, though it does not seem to match the length of Brawl Zelda's dress. Adding a little length shouldn't be a big problem, but I know nothing about dress bones so me saying that is like saying I know how to pilot a rocketship, you just go up.

I am imagining dress bones are kind of like this:

---------o------------o-----------Hip

with the -'s being the actual bones, the o's being joints, and the Hip being the hip. Could someone give me more info? I'm really more curious then anything really. Also, is it possible to add dress bones to something??
You can't add bones without messing up their indexes. I don't believe Zelda's hitboxes actually go with her dress, but her actual feet. As for what they look like:
Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 4.08.01 PM.png

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
You can't add bones without messing up their indexes. I don't believe Zelda's hitboxes actually go with her dress, but her actual feet. As for what they look like:
View attachment 21213
This is perfect! Thanks!

Edit: So can you lengthen bones that are already present within the model?? That could help with alts of Peach and Zelda

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
This is perfect! Thanks!

Edit: So can you lengthen bones that are already present within the model?? That could help with alts of Peach and Zelda
Messing with the bone lengths will make the animations look messy. It would be best to just make the mesh shorter.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Roy. Marth and Ike have had theirs revealed and Roy's is fairly anticipated, so that's my unlikely prediction.
Shin Logic
>Started suggestion list in OP
>Made Renders for OP
>Is credited several times in the OP
>Tries to get dedication

YOU.

EGOTISTIC.

SCRUBMONKEY.

JK ALL HAIL SHINTEN.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Shin Logic
>Started suggestion list in OP
>Made Renders for OP
>Is credited several times in the OP
>Tries to get dedication

YOU.

EGOTISTIC.

SCRUBMONKEY.

JK ALL HAIL SHINTEN.
What can I say? I like having complete and utter control.

Step 1: Get credited in OP
Step 2: Get OP dedication.
Step 3: Become the OP and assume their life.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
What can I say? I like having complete and utter control.

Step 1: Get credited in OP
Step 2: Get OP dedication.
Step 3: Become the OP and assume their life.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit
But how can you, Psy, AND Edge all be the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom