• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6b | Yoshi's egg throw fall speed increase

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
Title of the bug: Sliding off a ledge while using egg throw increases fall speed

Version found in: PM 3.6b Hackless Full-set / Netplay Build
Hardware you are running: Wii / Dolphin 4.0-6554
Loading Method: Hackless loader / ISO

Details
: When Yoshi uses Egg throw, he will slide a short distance, if Yoshi slides off a ledge within this distance, but misses the edge snap, Yoshi will fall off stage at a speed that is completely unrecoverable from. However, if Yoshi runs past the ledge and throws an egg, he will be able to recover without any problems with an air dodge despite throwing the egg from a lower height.

Attachments: http://gfycat.com/CheeryLittleIndochinesetiger The left Yoshi is the one that slides off the ledge with egg throw and is unable to recover. Even though the Yoshi on the right throws the egg off stage at a lower height, it is able to recover. Also notice that the left Yoshi actually passes up the one on the right showing that sliding off the edge with egg throw does increase the fall speed.

Custom Content: None

In the gfycat, I wasn't frame perfect with the double jump but I have never made it back whenever this happens.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

I cant reproduce because my yoshi skills are...0. but i can see what you mean by the gyf, thanks for the detailed report.

It looks similar to the issue falco had when edge cancelling his sideb, he was falling a little as it activated.

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
It seems like it might be universal physics thing. Hopefully this can be fixed without removing the slide like Falco's because the edge snap part that's intended to happen is very useful Yoshi tech.

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
Basically you just need to slide off too early before the ledgegrab box has a chance to appear but still having started the up b from on stage.

$heen

Smash Ace
Thanks for that excellent gfy.
It looks like when you start an up b in the air, Yoshi reverts to brawl's terminal velocity for some reason.

By the way, if you hold up within the last 5 frames of an aerial action, you'll buffer a frame perfect double jump, which might help you survive more reliably.

Top Bottom