• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.5: Level 0 CPUs/platform momentum oddity

quibbloboy

Smash Rookie
First, level 0 CPUs. If you're setting a CPU's level and you hold L/R to advance by five, then highlight a level between 2 and 5 and move up, you'll highlight the space above level 1. You can select this space and it actually says the CPU is set to level 0. In a match, however, it doesn't seem to act any differently from a CPU of level 1 or 3 or something.

I personally happened across this second one on the weird on-rails donut platforms in The Research Facility in SSE, set to intense where the platforms move at speeds that break the sound barrier. However, I assume it probably arises from PM's preserving your grounded momentum into a jump and thus applies to other moving platforms.
If you're standing on a moving platform and you jump off, your momentum for the rest of your airtime will be skewed towards the direction the platform was moving. So if your platform is moving horizontally, you'll steadily drift in that direction until you land. More notably, however, is what happens when you jump off of a platform moving vertically; if it was moving up, you'll jump very high and float slowly down as a result of preserving upwards momentum. If the platform was moving down, your jumps will be very low and you'll fall more quickly.
With both Samus and Pikachu (the two I "tested" it with) these rules apply to your jump off of the platform, your double jump, and your Up+B. Not sure about airdodges.

This was all done in an unmodified hackless version on an actual Wii.

Last edited:
Top Bottom