• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz Critique My Falco

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hey guys...I haven't done any critique vids in a while so I wanted to see how my progress is with my falco. If you guys could watch this completely (since my bro uses diff chars and I need tips against as many as possible) , that would be great and give me critique on my falco. Hes not my main but I would like to get better with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNGv44n2qg

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
work on your technical skill in general, you screwed up alot of relatively simple things

you also have a habit of just throwing out moves when you arent even close to your opponenet/wiff alot, that's bad. dont just throw out moves and shine and **** just to do it.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
As Jungle said you need to work on that techskill. You weren't even JCing fluently. You need to work on L cancelling, and edge guarding, and another thing that ungle said, do not throw out attacks like that randomly.

Not trying to be mean, or rude, I honestly wouldn't know where to begin seeing as it just seemed to be all over the place, sorry, but focus on those things I said.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Try to focus more on what your moves are doing, instead of just trying to get stuff out there.

You need to control Fox more with lasers(and, by extension of that, you need to work on making your approaches with lasers harder to read). You approach with Dair and not even with laser help too much.

You missed some technical stuff, so try to work on keeping yourself fluid.

I think that should be good enough for now.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Use more Nair, you only used it once in the first two minutes and it hit, whilst you used Dair about 100 times and most of them missed.

Play the game more to get used to better tech skill, and the 3 above basically said everything else.

wizimaster

Smash Rookie
Don't rush in too much, because I thought you were very direct. You always kept throwing out random shuffls. This will be punnished, so don't do it. Be aware of your moves, and focus on them. For each situation there's a decision you must make. You must be very aware of that decision.

Add in some waveshines when fighting fox. A very stanadar and useful combo a low %'s against fast-fallers is: Waveshine --> Dair --> Waveshine --> *be creative here*.

Try experimenting with new ways to use the laser. There's way more to it than just doing SHL's at distance. Watch videos and read up on it.

And ofc keep practising tech-skill and all that. That falco looks very promising!

cjugs

Smash Ace
instead of random attacks you should be dash dashing or wave landing on plats if you really wanna be doing something other than lasering which is probably your best bet. you will beat alot of people by shine fullhopdair fast fall uptilt repeat or bair out of a shine i didn't really notice any combos you did so you should try more on that because falco can combo fox like nobody's business!

PKSTkimo

Smash Cadet
you need to randomized your lasers 'cuz they're always the same and improve your spacing (You need to be precise when attacking). I can't tell you much about match up because your friend is not at the same level as you, but try not getting grabbed nor shine spiked, lasser his b**** off and combo a lot.

Top Bottom