• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Plomid : the Smash story of armada & sonymusic signed trance producer

Johann Stone

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys i Used to Frequent these forums in the past Both under the name "Hotplurplegnome" and My Gamer Alias "Plomid" I just wanted to tell my story here it is :

In the Beginning :
The year is 200X and had been playing Melee since it release but as an Icelander It was pretty difficult finding someone to play against that was somewhat of a challenge . i had recently stumbled upon the famous "Shined Blind" video by the , now, Infamous Zelgadis (I still thank him and DBR for the Smash community in iceland though) and i was boggled by how fast his fox moved.

I searched online about what was happening in this video and i dedicated several months of my life practising these techniques and soon discovered Isai, Ken , Hugs Wife Husband, Killa OR , Wes and ofcourse later M2K Bombsoldier and so forth ... and i was starstruck these guys became rockstar like idols in my life at this time.

finally when i was getting OK i started posting on icelandic forums challenging players the considered them selves being the best in the country and beat most of them.
this had created the Urge for other players to beat me and this caused somewhat of a (althought very small at the time) community starting where pleople started playing smash.
after a while a smasher called Ásgeir (Forum name Stormblast) Showed up at my house one day.
Maining Ganondorf he was ok at the time but rose up to be the best smasher ever in iceland and ended up hosting several decently sized tournies and get togethers.

Match of me and Him playing in 2007

and this marked the begninning of the smash community in Iceland but alcohol abuse was taking over my life so i ended up straying away from the community i had helped create .

The Downfall:
about a year later in 2008 Alcohol and substance abuse had pretty much taken control over my life as would for 2 more years to come where i had almost completely put down the controller.
A few years before i had started Producing Dance music and in 2009 when the partying got hard so did my work on music where i would lock my self inside for days producing and hardly eating or sleeping let alone going to school.
i dropped out of school a bit after this as i was keen on starting to dj for a living (nice going me ;D ) I started releasing a Few tracks on a Local label but my addiction drove me eventually into therapy.

The Uprising:

If There is one thing you learn from smash its that if you do something again and again it becomes more natural an easy every time(Also known as practice) the year was 2010 and i had just gotten out of theraphy and i was ready for anything. i started focusing alot on my music and Melee Really shaped my attitude

I contacted A fellow artist From sweden Called "Stana" He loved my tracks and this is where the Ball Started to roll for me . he agreed to release my first Track on a foreign label "Spitfire"

It Got fairly good underground support and later Stana got me to remix a track for him on another label from holland "Detox" this then sparked a few solo releases on that label but also the biggest thing for me to happen in my musical career. a young guy from holland heard one of the tracks "hobo Disco" and asked me to do a collaboration with him .
and i showed him a track of mine i was working on and he made it work a bit better in the clubs wich ended up in the hands of some guy called Armin Van Buuren and this was his response: I love the track how would you like to release it on "A state of trance"

we called it Icesave ,as an inside joke as we belived this was the first collaboration between Iceland and holland since the Rancid "Icesave savings"

this was the a breakthrough for me and opend up a lot of doors and even one of these doors lead to another deal with "Abstractive music" A mexico based Trance Sub Label of Sony music

so now you might ask"what is the point to all this and why did you post this here?"

after watching "the smash brothers" episodes on youtube i just realised how much these guys mean to me and how big the scene is getting again so
id like to give back to the community what ever i can so if any of you have any videos you want original tracks for, ads for vods, or waiting time between matches that need music ill do anything free of charge

and most of all THANK YOU!!!!

Top Bottom