• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Sony has convinced me to get a PS3. Little Big Planet looked awesome (I may have to do a presentation with it sometime), the movie download service looks cool and useful, and the 40 gig turning into an 80 gig sealed the deal. Now I just have to get some money.

PSN is looking great, too. Ratchet and Fat Princess look like must-buys. Hopefully Nintendo will step up WiiWare and put up some original games.

Even if I do get a PS3, I may still get Mirror's Edge for PC, although playing it on a TV is tempting.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think Mirror's Edge will work better on the PS3 and 360. The game looks extremely fine-tuned, all the videos we have seen were on the PS3, and the controls would be much more streamlined, and this is coming from a FPS-PC enthusiast.

Also, Bioshock has some exclusive DLC for PS3:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53721

I LOVED Bioshock, but I am not sure if it's worth paying $60, when I own it for PC, just to play some bonus rooms.

Also, Portal: Still Alive is "exclusive" (as in, for now) to 360. Honestly, I cannot imagine playing this game on a console. Also, I was reading it, and this is NOT Portal 2.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Bump!

Siren: Blood Curse came out... all at once. You pay $40 for all 12 episodes (WELL worth it) or by 3 4-episode packs for $15... Yeah, I'll grab it next Thursday when Pixel Junk Eden comes out.

Also, start looking out for August 3rd. Supposedly a huge exclusive will be out.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Hello, PS3 thread! My girlfriend and I have decided that we're going to do the ultimate multiplatform thing, and supplement our existing Wii with both a PS3 and an XBOX 360. It should be a glorious time.

I've been looking alot at LittleBigPlanet, and it actually looks extremely fun. Fully featured level editor? Sign me up.

I think Mirror's Edge will work better on the PS3 and 360. The game looks extremely fine-tuned, all the videos we have seen were on the PS3, and the controls would be much more streamlined, and this is coming from a FPS-PC enthusiast.
I can't help but agree. PC controls generally work better for games that need a ton of buttons, but Mirror's Edge seems like it has all of two from what I've heard: Jump and a general "Action" button to do whatever it is that you need to do at the time. Perfectly suited for a controller.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Jesus, you must hate money as much as I do. Fortunately, my girlfriend talked me out of impulse buying a 360... for now...

Not sure the type of games you like, but check out the new stuff to PSN. I try to update and review what is good and what isn't, and PSN-wise, you are pretty safe. This Thursday, Pixel Junk Eden is out. I am DEFINITELY picking that and Siren: Blood Curse up.

Also, if you play any games online (namely Warhawk), post your name.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Jesus, you must hate money as much as I do. Fortunately, my girlfriend talked me out of impulse buying a 360... for now...

Not sure the type of games you like, but check out the new stuff to PSN. I try to update and review what is good and what isn't, and PSN-wise, you are pretty safe. This Thursday, Pixel Junk Eden is out. I am DEFINITELY picking that and Siren: Blood Curse up.

Also, if you play any games online (namely Warhawk), post your name.
Lol, the PS3 will be going on the 'ol Amazon credit card once I pay it down just enough to put it and Oblivion on there. The 360's going to be my birthday present once she saves enough money for it. I'll be paying for it for months, but at least I'll get to play it while I'm doing so.

I'm an old RPG guy, so I love crazy Japanese stuff as well as American fare. Oblivion's going to be the first game I pick up for the PS3, and I'll snag Fallout 3 when it comes out as well. I'll definitely look into the PSN stuff too, thanks for that--I've seen a bit of Pixel Junk Eden, and it looks really sweet.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think this would be the place to ask.

I can't sign in to PSN because I need a new update. I connect of some neighbor and my signal strength is 17%. Everytime I try to update, it gets to about 26% complete, then it loses the signal. Is there anyway I could increase the strength besides moving it around? Could my Wii be interfering?

Please help. I want to play SC4 online.

Thanks.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I think this would be the place to ask.

I can't sign in to PSN because I need a new update. I connect of some neighbor and my signal strength is 17%. Everytime I try to update, it gets to about 26% complete, then it loses the signal. Is there anyway I could increase the strength besides moving it around? Could my Wii be interfering?

Please help. I want to play SC4 online.

Thanks.
lmao, probably not. You need to get your own or move close to starbucks

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
The walmarts i've been to has had a signal but i have never seen a house close enough to probably pick up a good one. If you can do it like the psp (i cant remember) find the update online, save it to a mem stick, then upload load it like that

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
My brother just sold his PSP.

*sigh*

This sucks. We live a mile from Wal-Mart, and our Mc Donalds has WiFi, but there are no houses that are even close to it.:
I'm really thinking it's my Wii. My Wii has a 1/3 bar connection and plays MSC online Per-FECT-ly.

Stupid Sony.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'd buy a PS3... if I had the money. Would definitely get Ratchet and Clank Future, plus the built-in Blu-Ray would be sweet.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
My brother just sold his PSP.

*sigh*

This sucks. We live a mile from Wal-Mart, and our Mc Donalds has WiFi, but there are no houses that are even close to it.:
I'm really thinking it's my Wii. My Wii has a 1/3 bar connection and plays MSC online Per-FECT-ly.

Stupid Sony.
So...You'd be willing to break into somebody's house if there were one close enough to pick up the WiFi signal, just to update the PS3? Sweet.

Darkslash

Smash Master

Stupid Sony.
this made me LOL

blaming sony because you don't have Wi-Fi?

I don't go that Far i stop at the blu Ray

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I'm not blaming. I just think it's stupid how the PS3 needs a great signal, when the Wii doesn't need barely anything to play lag free...

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Still trying to free up the funds to purchase that PS3... I'm coming close, but I might have to go until next Friday only eating green beans (we have a cupboard full of them for whatever reason). I need a game to go along with it, though, preferably one that isn't $60 anymore.

I'm looking at Oblivion right now, because it's a $30 Greatest Hits title and I haven't really had enough time to get down and dirty with the game after loving Morrowind.

Any other suggestions?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Oblivion is a good choice because it will last you a long time. I haven't played it and would probably suggest finding something awesome like Uncharted used but Oblivion is probably the best choice money wise.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I can't recommend Oblivion for PS3 because I have had so much more fun modding with it on PC.

I think Warhawk is on the greatest hits list. If you could save a few more bucks, GTA4 will keep you busy for months. Resistence: Fall of Man is another one that is a blast and $30, though.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I can't recommend Oblivion for PS3 because I have had so much more fun modding with it on PC.

I think Warhawk is on the greatest hits list. If you could save a few more bucks, GTA4 will keep you busy for months. Resistence: Fall of Man is another one that is a blast and $30, though.
I don't have a PC capable of playing it in any sort of fashion that would be bearable for any length of time, or else I would've been rocking it up until this point as it is. The PS3 has been my first time to really sit down with it. Plus my girlfriend likes the series...

Warhawk would be fun and looks cool, but I'm scared off a bit by the "absolutely no single player mode" thing that I read about. I just wouldn't want to make it my primary purchase for a little while...

GTA IV I'm going to get at one point or another no matter what, so that's a definite choice.

Thanks.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I need an opinion about this: would it be worth it to be a PS3 just for FFXIII and RE5?

EDIT: ok **** it, i forgot about GTA4, so it's definitely worth it.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I need an opinion about this: would it be worth it to be a PS3 just for FFXIII and RE5?

EDIT: ok **** it, i forgot about GTA4, so it's definitely worth it.
You're going to also need a Blu-Ray player at one point or another, so you might as well get that out of the way when you're buying the console anyway. Plus, I've heard it's just about the best one on the market because it's updateable, which few others are.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
The Wii is updateable too. :)
I'm just hoping Nintendo will make some good use of that feature and throw us a bone with an open SD card slot, HDMI output via the A/V multi-out (I've heard it's theoretically possible), or a headset of some sort. But that's neither here nor there.

Hey guys, have you thought about Tomb Raider: Underworld? I'm so getting that.
I haven't played a Tomb Raider since 2, and I doubt many would say that I've missed out on anything. Each new TR brings with it the promise of a series revitalization, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Still, it's nice to hope.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Warhawk will eat your life. It's a blast to play and you'll always find full games.

PSN title: check out Calling All Cars, PixelJunk (all of them), flOw, and Siren. I'd recommend renting Lair since they fixed controls. It's actually fun. Heavenly Sword makes an awesome rental, and you can beat it pretty well. I have Unchartered.

If you want to save money, don't even open the PSN Video store.

The Wii cannot update the way the PS3 does, or if it can, they haven't yet. Since the PS3 came out, updates have allowed for downloadable PS1 titles, 1080p upconversion, dual shock, and a few other neat things.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Warhawk looks like a ****ing blast. I'm definitely gonna rent/buy it eventually.

So, has anyone else heard about (still rumor) the new Twisted Metal game for the PS3? Please tell me I wasn't the only guy here who liked those.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's not a rumor when the developers confirm it. At the end of Twisted Metal for PS2 (the new one, Head-On for PS2) it just said "Twisted Metal is coming to PS3" or something like that.

Pretty awesome.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Isn't "Twisted Metal" that car game with the creepy clown face?

What's it about? Any fun?

I just really want Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Twisted Metal 1, 2, Black, and Head-On are some of the best experiences I've had in video games.

The gameplay was finely tuned and interesting, and the stories were loaded with fun twists.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Me and my girlfriend brought home our new baby today: A shiny new 40 GB PS3. Sadly, we lack any sort of HDTV on which to play it, so it's S-Video for the time being. Still, the games look fantastic and we're having a blast with it...after the requisite time spent setting everything up, of course.

We picked up Oblivion and Resistance (which handed me my *** a few times), and rented GTA IV with the free rentals we got for buying the system.

PSN Name: lazymangaka

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Resistance is great at showing how much you really suck at FPSes. No matter how good you think you are, you'll die, a lot.

So, I finished episode 1 of Siren: Blood Curse. In a pitch black room, it made me so tense and nervous. It also does a neat: On the next episode of Siren.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Question:

I can use my monitor as a HDTV to play the PS3 on or will be a SDTV?

I feel like I should know this but I don't. I'm saving up to get either a 360 or PS3 for Black Friday [big sales] a few months from now so I'm just making sure.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Resistance is great at showing how much you really suck at FPSes. No matter how good you think you are, you'll die, a lot.

So, I finished episode 1 of Siren: Blood Curse. In a pitch black room, it made me so tense and nervous. It also does a neat: On the next episode of Siren.
cough*sissy*cough

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Your mother was screaming a lot more than me, but I think that was for different reasons.

Question:

I can use my monitor as a HDTV to play the PS3 on or will be a SDTV?

I feel like I should know this but I don't. I'm saving up to get either a 360 or PS3 for Black Friday [big sales] a few months from now so I'm just making sure.
It should. Does it take composite or HDMI cables? If not, then no.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yea she was screaming cuz you're ugly

your mother.....its yo momma
Enough. I figured you'd be somewhat mature enough to handle a joke, but evidently I over-estimated you by leaps and bounds. I didn't warn you for that one, which was flaming at this point, because it'd ban you for week. If you have a problem with me, take it to PM.

My current one doesn't, and I was going to buy one that did but those seem to cost so much I might just wait a while and buy a cheaper monitor in the mean time.
Hmm, then you may be stuck in SD. With composite cables, I BELIEVE it's just the same ports as AV cables, but now that I say, it sounds totally wrong. I'd look it up. I went from SD to 1080p; there is no going back.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Enough. I figured you'd be somewhat mature enough to handle a joke, but evidently I over-estimated you by leaps and bounds. I didn't warn you for that one, which was flaming at this point, because it'd ban you for week. If you have a problem with me, take it to PM.

Hmm, then you may be stuck in SD. With composite cables, I BELIEVE it's just the same ports as AV cables, but now that I say, it sounds totally wrong. I'd look it up. I went from SD to 1080p; there is no going back.
The same can be said to you, dont talk about being mature if you're still making momma jokes.
hit me up with a pm, lets chat my brotha

Top Bottom