• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The difference is the audiences.

just because you like dedicated gaming devices, doesn't mean everyone else does. And seeing the flow of the market as is, things are falling out of Nintendo's/Sony's hands.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's not soo much that AT&T is involved, it's just that I want the convinience of switching between providers if for some reason they started overcharging me for the service, which btw already doing so with my phone. :urg:

But then again if The Vita Wi-Fi supports any Wi-Fi hotspot aside from AT&T's then that would be just fine.

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Goddammit I hate ATT. Those people run my internet and my phone. It's a complete nightmare trying to live with 4mbps when they're charging me 50$ a month when I have a friend who's doing another service which literally quadruples his mbps for 10$ less :/

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeah.

Vita sure does look awesome with all these ports.

Exactly what 3DS was being knocked down for.

:I

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
All the hippest hipsters knock on the 3DS and like the Vita, ZIO

Get with the times

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's typical business.

Most folks go with the cheaper alternatives.

Think about that.

Of the new hardware, I believe the 3DS will sell well. BUT, since the PSP AND DSi are still on the market, I think those will take away from the new hardware.

Oh well.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
yeah.

Vita sure does look awesome with all these ports.

Exactly what 3DS was being knocked down for.

I don't care that the 3DS has ports. I just care that it has ports I don't wanna play. Lol. If 3DS had a Persona 4 remake with extra content and a full blown Little Big Planet best believe I'd scoop it up immediately lol.

EDIT: And oh, I have a good feeling the Vita won't sell well too. Unless it launches with a Call of Duty port or something. Then it could have a higher chance of success.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, and I suppose this is why having differences helps competition.

I'm not calling you out. JoFT, just noting what I've been witnessing.

And as a consumer, I see nothing the Vita has to offer me that is new, yet.

3G is a selling point to me moreso than the games they've announced. Not saying the games are bad, just saying that the games they've announced I either already have, or am uninterested in.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
True, I'm not even getting it on launch. I'm gonna wait it out and see the responses. And if history repeats itself. 3DS will pick up steam next year or when the redesign comes out (I really hope they make the top screen cover the whole top shell on the redesign).

But before this becomes a 3DS vs. Vita topic.

Even casual CoD players know that CoD ports suck.
You don't think the Vita is powerful enough to handle a direct port without sacrificing too much?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I won't turn it into a vs topic. :laugh:

Also - it's not that the Vita can't handle it, it's that activision will probably not spend much time in developing it. PLUS, who plays CoD for single player anymore? That's like playing Street Fighter to play the missions only.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You don't think the Vita is powerful enough to handle a direct port without sacrificing too much?
Irrelevant, CoD ports are known for sucking now, and the idea won't go away any time soon.

Other things known for sucking: online play without ethernet

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I said this in the 3DS thread, the state of our economy will have a big impact on how the Vita sells. Sadly, it will be a negative impact given I see a lot of potential for this portable system. However, I still don't see how 3G speeds will be able to have you playing multiplayer online with little to no lag. Maybe I'm just thinking about all the terrible experiences of dealing with 3G speeds, but uploading and streaming video game data seems like a lot for 3G.

In any case, the Vita doesn't need ports (unless there is a bonus incenstive if you connect it to the PS3) as much as spin offs or niche titles. DS had several Mario and Zelda games. Only thing PSP had was MGS.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Vita looks nice, but I believe the battery is going to suckkkk with 3G on.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
The thing that excites me the most about the Vita, is the potential games we might get in the future. Like Final Fantasy games and things of the sort.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lol, wait what?

The Vita is coming out in the US in 2010 now?

Way to give up some market share this holiday.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thought the LHGN OP was pretty try hard, imo.

The generations one, however. :cool:

Still. You are fuelbi. ;awesome:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You consider me an Officer? Damn right I am. :cool:

But still. I, with the work I put into the LHGN project, I was hoping for a genuine, serious toned OP. Noe something that sounded like a cheesy car sales man who would "Eat this here LAHV raccoon if MY CAHS aren't BEST IN TAHN!"

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Then I shall give Fate a stern talking to.

Both of you are at fault, and I'll have to put you both in time out.

Blame Fate for this. Try not to do it again.

:awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Don't think the Vita will sale much. Something tells me hardcore gamers could care less about a portable system (assuming Vita is aimed at that audience).

Top Bottom