• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing with the Proper Mindset

Weed

Smash Lord
People try selling books about this, and then you go and sum it up in three minutes. Nice.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Can I beat Taj now Gimpy?

Edit:

More or less, do you think it would be a proper strategy to get your opponent into the incorrect mindset before a match? Like, loosen up the mood by joking around while secretly getting in the mental scheme of "win mode?" That way you can have the advantage, at least at the start of the match.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Can I beat Taj now Gimpy?

Edit:

More or less, do you think it would be a proper strategy to get your opponent into the incorrect mindset before a match? Like, loosen up the mood by joking around while secretly getting in the mental scheme of "win mode?" That way you can have the advantage, at least at the start of the match.
some *** did that to me at a tournament! he started joking and stuff and I was losing so I told him to shut up and I won/did better afterwards

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
trufax thread.

whenever I enter a tournament, before the match, i try to phych myself up.
at the same time, it tell the other guy that im a crappy player, but i need to play in the tournament because my mom died in a car crash yesterday and i need to take my mind off of it... and then I talk about the holocaust.

also, would you suggest black jokes against Taj, or would that just get me a punch in the teeth?

SothE700k

Smash Lord
you're already going extremely low. Wtf, you say your mom died so you can get an edge in a tournament? Are you mentally ******* unstable?

DAVO

Smash Rookie
You better believe this , never ever relax at a match or think your so good you dont need to worry
One day i played at my house with one of the best smashers ( of my friends of course ) and i was playing so seriusly ( no joking , music or talking ) and i managed to beat him twice.
Later that day we went to a party and we were playing smash , i was so cocky and overconfident that i called one of my friends a noob and challenged him to a match ( hes not as good as the one i beated) , long story short , he 4.stocked me because i wasn,t playing as seriously as before and i thought myself so pro.
The later on the party I challenge another guy , this time with the correct attitude and everything , it was a 3-stock match and i killed him twice , then i relaxed and started messing up things ( running directly at his forward smash and so) and then i started to panic and to mess up things even more , the i endep up losing to him.
PD: MINDSET IS EVERYTHING

Top Bottom