• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing with danger.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
Here's a scenario. We've probably all been there at one point. You pull a Stitch Face or a Bobomb. Your opponent is a Space Animal or one of the Marios. You know they can reflect and especially in the case of the Bobomb, you can get obliterated by their reflector. The game turns serious, you have it in your hand and you want to capitalize.

Now, what do you normally try to do in this situation? Holding the item while doing floating aerials is a very fortunate feature that Peach has. But once again, ESPECIALLY in the case of the Bobomb, you are quite literally playing with dynamite. One accidental grounded flick of the C-stick and you probably will SD.

Do you throw it away? Do you hashtag yolo swag it out? Do you throw and prepare for the worst? Discuss.

rje457

Smash Cadet
If it's a person who can reflect it like Fox, Falco, Mario, or Doc, I like to hold on to it and challenge them with float cancelled fairs because pulling a stitch or a Bobomb can throw them off and think about reflecting or shielding it. Thus you have the advantage if you play chicken with them and attack without throwing it. That being said, you still want to be careful and be unpredictable when you actually throw it at them or when their trying to fight back and punish with it.

Dryillic

Smash Rookie
When that happens while I'm playing, especially in friendlies, I like to observe just how differently the opponent plays and use that to my advantage. It's fun to mess around with how differently they play. I tend to enjoy it and ultimately hold on to the item too long.

Spooky Ghost

Smash Rookie
Holding on to it and simply using float aerials until they drop it is the way to go but with the bob-omb, I really like z-dropping it because it retains most if not all of its potency

Top Bottom