• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Melee on a HD LCD T.V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way on making that possible? o have a sony 3LCD HD TV 1080i and wanted to know if theres anyway in playing melee with NO lag so that i can get rid of my little CTR (tube)

let me know please

Zodiac

Smash Master
I have a toshiba that when using component cables and playing in 480p has a frame...maaaybe two of lag, we are pretty much just waiting for the types of hd tv's that can play sd games with no lag to become affordable.

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
I have a toshiba that when using component cables and playing in 480p has a frame...maaaybe two of lag, we are pretty much just waiting for the types of hd tv's that can play sd games with no lag to become affordable.
Do those exist?!?!

Massive

Smash Champion
There are several other threads about this same issue.
Do a forum search.

You need to purchase an external scaler/VGA converter, they are not going to incorporate these into most HDTVs because most modern games are being produced at 720p or 1080p which require no post-processing to display accurately.

Hax

Smash Champion
mine has a "Game" setting under the "Picture" options that makes it play like a SDTV w/ no lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom