• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Players and Characters

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Bane is good but not worthy of exclusion. Only Isai/Boom are.

From personal experience:

:luigi64: - Villainy

:mario64: - Villainy

:dk64: - The Star King

:link64: - The Z

:samus64: - Bane

:falcon64: - Tacos

:ness64: - Firo

:yoshi64: - The Star King

:kirby64: - The Z

:fox64: - Blue Suit

:pikachu64: - KeroKeroppi

:jigglypuff64: - UnReal

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
:luigi64: - Villainy
:mario64: - Villainy
glad someone finally put villainy there, he's really good. Idk about mario though, haven't played his mario much.
Bane is good but not worthy of exclusion. Only Isai/Boom are.
You need to play bane more. He's easily the second best with almost every character behind boom.

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Don't be ridiculous Mint. Bane is up there with a lot of chars, but he's certainly not definitively 2nd best with all of them.

Is his Samus definitely better than Jaime's? Is his Luigi clearly better than Frogs?

Not even sure his Fox is definitely better than LD at this point. Does he deserve to be mentioned in top 4 for all those characters? Sure.

But I don't see how you can say he's definitively the best. These lists are all opinion. Especially when it comes to people like Bane who don't attend tourneys.

Anyway here are some of MY opinions:

- Frog is top 2/3 for Mario, Luigi, and Ness.
- LD/Bane for Fox.
- Jaime/Z/Tacos for DK. Jaime has an edge here IMO. But Z beating Killer was impressive.
- Jaime/Bane for Samus

That's all for now.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Don't be ridiculous Mint. Bane is up there with a lot of chars, but he's certainly not definitively 2nd best with all of them.

Is his Samus definitely better than Jaime's? Is his Luigi clearly better than Frogs?

Not even sure his Fox is definitely better than LD at this point. Does he deserve to be mentioned in top 4 for all those characters? Sure.

But I don't see how you can say he's definitively the best. These lists are all opinion. Especially when it comes to people like Bane who don't attend tourneys.

Anyway here are some of MY opinions:

- Frog is top 2/3 for Mario, Luigi, and Ness.
- LD/Bane for Fox.
- Jaime/Z/Tacos for DK. Jaime has an edge here IMO. But Z beating Killer was impressive.
- Jaime/Bane for Samus

That's all for now.

NORTH AMERICA. MEXICO DOESNT COUNT. THEY DONT SPEAK ENGLISH OR FRENCH
and cause i want jamiehr/dexter/mariguas to come regardless if they are the best or not

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
on first page
Isai's almost certainly the best in NA with every character although we've never really seen that proved extensively with, say, Ness. I think we can probably mostly agree on that, but that oughtta be like a caveat at the beginning of the list before we discuss mains proper.
aka exclude them (isai/boom)

Last edited:

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
for the record i think low frame kirby and fox are my best chars and the last time i played LD he challenged me to a 2/3 and i beat him both times and nearly 5 stocked him with kirby when i was on 5 frames and he was on 1.

dunno why everyone seems to think samus is my best char, but i appreciate the mentions lol

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Star King beat you in the only tourney I recall you ever playing in.

Winning 1 set doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot. Unless you think SK's Yoshi is indisputably better than you...

Plus, depending on how long ago this was LD has gotten a lot better.

Anyway cmu(karajan) has a huge man crush on you. He's watched you on the Isai stream and somehow surmised solely from that stream that you're clearly the 3rd best player in NA.

Karajan, Bane is very good. But he's not clearly above the rest IMO. There are a number of players that could take a set off of him on any given day, Star King being a perfect example.

Tacos, dexter, mariguas, Killer, LD, Jaime, Frog, and perhaps a couple others (not really including console players like Kero) are in that mix as well.

And yes Mexico is part of NA. Were including them in this because they play with us.

And don't take this the wrong way Bane. I'm not trying to bash you in any way. I'm just saying that there are a number of other very strong players out there and I don't see the evidence that you're on a different level than them like cmu thinks.

M!nt

Smash Champion
He played sk with 5-6 frames I think and it was still a close game. A lot of people would probably say he was 3rd best, not just karajan.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
well the time i played sk was like a year ago and like mint said i was on high delay, plus i improved vastly since then (isai's stream should be able to attest to this)

i played LD in like jan, but i havent been playing much at all lately so idk i could be worse. and yea winning 1 set doesn't mean a lot (even though i'm on 5 and he's on 1) but even before that set i consistently beat him when i was on high delay and he was on low delay, but he always made the excuse that it was because he didnt have 1 frame (i played him 5 vs 2) so i decided to not mention those

but i agree with you sheer, i wouldn't say for sure either that i'm in the top 3 cause like you said there's a lot of other strong players and i don't really enter tournaments cause i pretty much only play for fun lol.

Last edited:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I haven't really played Bane much aside from that one session we were taking turns pwning each other by switching from FU to DCT lol

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Anyway cmu(karajan) has a huge man crush on you. He's watched you on the Isai stream and somehow surmised solely from that stream that you're clearly the 3rd best player in NA.

Karajan, Bane is very good. But he's not clearly above the rest IMO. There are a number of players that could take a set off of him on any given day, Star King being a perfect example.
You got your history wrong. I was pushing for bane to be on the stream before he was ever on it. I heard he was probably 3rd best from my real man crush about a year ago thank you very much. BTW We're dating now so you can go be jealous elsewhere

EDIT:

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Actually I changed my mind bane is probably 3rd worst.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i imagine karajan in suit and shades being the talent scout for the smash community who's working for the Player True Tier List Association. he scours the web... "this guy. put him on against the man next time he plays online. see that? he's got that thang. heheheheh now the world will know about BANE."

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ironically I did play the top KB warrior at Apex. One who usually beats me and has the fantastic Kirby vs Yoshi match up on his side.

Evil did not prevail. Better get Bane to Apex next year so he can do it (just keep him away from SK). =]

Anyway I'll do a whole list this time.

:pikachu64:: Dexter, A$, Kero
:kirby64:: Killer, MATTS!
:falcon64:: Tacos, Mariguas, Bane
:fox64:: LD, Bane
:mario64:: Frog, Jaime, Fireblaster
:yoshi64:: Wizzy followed by SK, Tacos, Fireblaster
:jigglypuff64:: Star King, YBOMBB, UnReal (nobody even plays this character).
:dk64:: Jaime, Z, Tacos
:ness64:: Frog
:luigi64:: Frog, Bane, Jaime
:samus64:: Jaime, Bane
:link64:: Who cares, not one person even played Link at Apex from what I saw.

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Ironically I did play the top KB warrior at Apex. One who usually beats me and has the fantastic Kirby vs Yoshi match up on his side.

Evil did not prevail. Better get Bane to Apex next year so he can do it (just keep him away from SK). =]

Anyway I'll do a whole list this time.

:pikachu64:: Dexter, A$, Kero
:kirby64:: Killer, MATTS!
:falcon64:: Tacos, Mariguas, Bane
:fox64:: LD, Bane
:mario64:: Frog, Jaime, Fireblaster
:yoshi64:: Wizzy followed by SK, Tacos, Fireblaster
:jigglypuff64:: Star King, YBOMBB, UnReal (nobody even plays this character).
:dk64:: Jaime, Z, Tacos
:ness64:: Frog
:luigi64:: Frog, Bane, Jaime
:samus64:: Jaime, Bane
:link64:: Who cares, not one person even played Link at Apex from what I saw.
This is interesting. I've never seen jaime's luigi and you didn't include him for falcon.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Jaime's Falcon could be included.

So should Firo's ness. Probably several others I forgot too. Tis why I'm always hesitant to makes lists.

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
holy ****

ILOVESMASH for DK and yet I'm not on anyone's list

this is a damn travesty

I can't even
o well – I'll just remain underrated :secretkpop:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
near has a good :dk64:, :luigi64: and :samus64:, dunno about his high tiers

to me rob stone comes second to bane for samus

if only people could pick only one player for each char like I did.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
holy ****

ILOVESMASH for DK and yet I'm not on anyone's list

this is a damn travesty

I can't even
o well – I'll just remain underrated :secretkpop:
nobody knows anything about anyone is what I always gather from these threads

I suck right now btw. It's what I get for not playing.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Based purely on playing bunches of people at Apex over the years. Probably some online players like Bane and Frog need to be here but I'm not qualified to say anything about their play.

:pikachu64:: Isai >> Boom, Dexter >> me, Sensei, Banze, others. Dexter is by far the best non-Isai/Boom Pikachu in North America.
:kirby64:: Mariguas actually has a pretty baller Kirby, way better than any non-Isai/Boom NA player I've played. He beat me like 75% of the time in friendlies at Apex. I didn't get the chance to play full power Killer though.
:falcon64:: I dunno Falcon is cool but **** trying to figure out relative skill from watching super swingy Falcon matchups lol. Probably Mariguas.
:fox64:: Lots of people have good Foxes, like Jaime, but I can't think of anyone who has an outstanding Fox. Looks like some online player names are being thrown out for this, let's drag them to a real tournament some day.
:mario64:: Jaime and Fireblaster have pretty good Marios, but not outstanding in the way of Dexter/Pikachu, Mariguas/Falcon, etc.
:yoshi64:: Tacos > Wizzrobe > Sheer. They're all very good but play quite differently. I don't know where Star King falls here because I didn't get to play him at full power.
:jigglypuff64:: I dunno, Ybombb >>> random newbs >>> Blue Yoshi
:dk64:: So I was talking about the DK matchup with Banze cause Banze has trouble with the matchup and I have a good history vs Ruoka and Boom's DK, and Tacos was there and he was like "so you think you're so good huh" and he brought out his secret DK against my Pika and BEAT THE **** OUT OF ME and then refused to do a rematch.
:ness64:: Nangoku >>> Firo >> no one cares. Yes, Nangoku is good enough with Ness that he counts as a NA player.
:luigi64:: I'm not sure I played a single match against Luigi at Apex.
:samus64:: Jaime I guess? The secret Samus counterpick is strong, but let's get Bane to a real tournament some day.
:link64:: No one in NA aside from Isai is good enough with Link to make him competitive on Dreamland.

We're missing outstanding non-Isai/Boom players for a lot of characters. Really, I think Dexter/Pikachu, Mariguas/Falcon, and our Yoshi Crew are the only real dedicated standouts. We've got lots of very good players for almost all the characters, but I think for a list like this we're looking for a step above that.

Top Bottom