• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play without disk

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
I own a super smash bros brawl game but my wii can't read my disks. Is there a way to install project m without the ssbb disk?

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
Thanks but I thought of that earlier. I was looking some other way to do it. (Don't want to waste my flashdrive)

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
I am currently trying to do your method but the brawl iso is bigger than 8 gigabytes. I was wondering if usb loader supports cso files. (I might not be so stubborn)

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The actual file itself is just under 7GB. It should be able to fit all by itself in an 8GB HDD or flashdrive. I use WBFS format for my Wii games on a 16GB flashdrive, but that's just me.

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
Umm... For some reason I cant put my iso on my usb. Help!

Thanks for the info about the size. May the :201f::201o::201r::201c::201e: be with you!

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
use wbfs manager 3.0. its a program floating around somewhere. when you find it, open it, format the usb to wbfs, browse for the brawl iso, and add it. it should take about 10-20 minutes depending on your computer. next, there is a way to make a project m iso, but lets just stick with playing pm off of an sd.

take the usb with brawl iso on it out of the computer. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE USB LOADER GX OR SOME OTHER KIND OF USB LOADER ON YOUR WII, AND MAKE SURE IT WORKS. Insert the usb into the right usb slot on the back of your wii. if you have the wii lying on the ground with the power button on the right, this usb will be on top. also put the sd card with project m on it into the sd card slot.

load up usb loader gx (preferably, i find it works best), go to options, hard drive options, turn ocarina on, make the reader (or whatever it is called) say VGI. Load the brawl iso, and pm should start instead.

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
Do you mean Config usb loader? I tried that but it says I needed ios249.
for some reason wbfs manager creates an error every time I try to format flash drive
Lol stayed up till 11 o clock to make this work :p (still did not work)

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
You need to install d2x under IOS 249 for CFG to work properly.

Make sure the flashdrive is completely empty, and allow WBFS manager to format it for you.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Yes. But I don't know how to do it that way.

If it's not working for you then you must be doing something wrong.

What OS and version of WBFS manager are you using?

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
Ummm... not answering your question but does wii backup manager do anything to help?
Do you know a youtuber or internet source to help he do this without wbfs?

Last edited:

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
Ok, I found out my problem. I WAS PUTTING MY USB IN THE WRONG SLOT!!! LOLZ
But my game is still being uploaded to my usb. Hopefully my 15 hours straight of work will pay off.

Man, 75 views. Might just be me coming here a bunch of times to see if someone replied. :p

Last edited:

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
After 20 hours of hard work. I have finally done it. THANKS TO XENOZOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this helped other people that have this problem.
HOPE TO SEE YOU LATER

GoldenBullet

Smash Rookie
In Usb loader gx I launch ssbb. It says that a code is missing.
I press continue.
Go to stage builder (no stages) nothing happens.

HELP

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
make sure ocarina is on and hooktype is set to VBI. and make sure your brawl iso is legit

Top Bottom