• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Baton Rouge

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Singles

Registration CLOSES at 5:30, we start at 6:00.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TASOL
Before we get into the rules, I want to talk about another tournament in the are on the same weekend, TASOL.

TASOL is the very next day in Lafayette. Here's a link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534

TASOL has been in the works for months.

If you have to choose between these two, then go to TASOL.

It's best to go to both, though. Think of this as a warm-up for TASOL. If anyone needs housing in BR the night of this PnT tournament, post here, and I might be able to help you out.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Venue:
Plan N Trade Bluebonnet
9880 Bluebonnet Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70810

Monies:
Entry fee: $8
Venue fee: $2

Total: $10

Prizes:

40% 1st place
25% 2nd place
15% 3rd place
10% 4th place
5% 5th & 5th place

Store Rules:
Respect everyone present, and respect the store. There are a couple of things which come to mind immediately. First, let's make sure to throw our trash away. It's not hard, so don't leave a mess. Second, if it's not yours, the leave it alone. The store has cameras if something big comes up missing, but it's not tough to put a sticker or some tape with your name on a controller, Wii, etc. We want this to be a fun experience, so let's do our part to make it one.

General Rules

-3 Stocks; 8 Minutes (Tiebreakers are lowest stock then percent. If still tied, play a 1 stock, 3:00 game with the same characters on the same stage.)
-1v1; All items off and set to None; Best 2/3; All Finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring Your Own Controller
-Advanced Slob Picks: The loser of the previous game in a match chooses a stage from the "Starter" or "Counterpick" list to play game 2 on. The winner may change characters. The loser may then change characters. Players may play on a "Banned" stage only if both players agree to it. See below for stage lists.
-Stage Striking for first pick (see below)
-Stage Bans: Each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-A player may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-R-P-S for port priority.
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40: If time runs out during a game and a player has more than 40 ledge grabs, then that player loses that game. If both players have more than 40 ledge grabs, then use the tiebreakers listed above.
-The use of Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape and Extended Dimensional Cape is banned.
-If a game ends with a suicide attack, the winner as declared by the game wins. If the game goes to sudden death, then both players play a 1 stock, 3:00 match with the same characters on the same stage.
-Any action the freezes the game or makes the match unplayable is banned.

Stage Striking:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List:

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2

The rest are banned

Please bring Wiis with Brawl! I want to try and use 6-8 TVs this time. I think PnT had a few there already, but we need to bring some of our own.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I missed any rules or if you have any questions, then please let me know.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I may be able to make this tournament too, I'll have to talk to my parents about it. Where is the place?

BSP

Smash Legend
You should put this in the main Louisiana Thread. I'll see if i can get a link up.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I can actually go to this.

As well as tasol

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Alright I'm off of work for this and TASOL!

Who can house people after this tourney for those who are also going to TASOL?

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I can make both tournaments but unless I'm missing something I'm not seeing any directions on how to get to this place.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, the address is up now.

Justin, I can house 4-5 people that Friday night after the tournament. Your carpool is welcome to stay.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Not at all. This tournament is still going down. :D

Edit: Btw, Lafayette has 1 full carpool coming to this. There might possibly be a second as well.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm still stuck worrying about getting myself there unfortunately. Let's go for good turnout at this.

With TASOL's delay, at least no one has to pick now.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lafayette's Carpool will be bringing 1 full set up (just in case they want extra TVs).

Our carpool consists of FPDav, Fang, Nickels, Oathkeeper, and myself.

Top Bottom