• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play For Keeps! Fraudject:M Monthly - November 9th, 2013 - Burnaby, British Columbia

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
Play For Keeps bringing you hot silky smooth streaming action for all of BC's hypest PM tournaments! We're lighting a fire under the scene's ass to come out of their caves and lay down disgusting combos and represent our love for the evolving game of Smash Bros.

Where: SFU - Maggie Bentson Caff. This place was awesome and we know just what we'll need to step up for next month, let's respect the place and develop a healthy relationship with the people who graciously let us use their space.

When: Monthly, sucka! October 6th was our first tournament, and we're hungry to keep building on what we've got.

Who: Whether you play Brawl, Melee, P:M, who cares, bring your trollers and winning attitudes and come play. We have a very diverse scene across the skill-level spectrum, so don't think that you will turned away or ostracised because you "aren't good enough." We love playing Project M with our friends, and making new friends that love playing video games with their friends. It keeps growing from there!

Events and Costs!

Venue: 5$

P:M Singles - $10/person
P:M Doubles - $10/person, $20/team

Schedule:

10am - Setup/Friendlies
11.30am - Doubles Reg/Bracket Construction
12noon - Doubles Bracket begins
1.30pm - Singles Bracket Reg/Friendlies/Pool Construction
2pm - Singles Pools
~3.30-4pm - Singles Bracket begins

Stream:

www.twitch.tv/play_for_keeps Streaming in high definition and 60fps, invest in fiberoptics we on that next level shiii

Oct 24 - Twitch upgraded to Turbo, multiple stream qualities now available for low tier connections.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Looking forward to future events.

When should our next monthly be in November?

November... 2nd/3rd? 9th/10th? 16th/17th? 23rd/24th? weekend Saturday/Sunday

Which weekend would work best for everyone?

Metà

Smash Master
just booked the room for nov 9th! also talked to AV guys, so we should be good for TVs. including mine and yakal's, this puts us at around 10

if anyone has any objections, speak now. otherwise, we're good for nov 9th!

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
updated with new date, and i will be putting together a more stylized main post soon. we have a tonne of new faces inquiring about PM tournaments so lets get those setups so we can optimize flow of pools and first/second round bracket. the more setups, the more warmups and friendlies we can dedicate to building our community and improving as a scene. while we have deep rooted rivalries and competitive history, i think there's a huge opportunity for us to focus that drive and utilize our collective strength.

Metà

Smash Master
bad news, there are no CRTs at SFU anymore. if anyone has spare CRTs lying around, please let me know. i have 6 right now, with potentially 2 more. i will travel to wherever to get TVs

Top Bottom