• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play better on 3DS than Wii U?

MSDChaos

Smash Rookie
Something I noticed, whenever I play FG on Wii U, I play like a mess, even when I feel like should beat this person, it doesn't translate to my game. It's like I'm impatient and walk right into attacks and just eat damage.

When I play FG on the 3DS on the other hand, even though I don't always win, I feel like I at least put up a fight, and I noticed I play much better on the 3DS. More deliberate and strategical.

I use the Gamepad or the CC on Wii U as I haven't been able to get a GC adapter. It's very strange that the 3DS controls feels more natural for me too use, and it's only issue for me is the lack of a c-stick. (Hopefully the N3DS comes out soon.) Is it just me?

Rainbow Pancake

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-1736-8251
I've felt this too, I feel it may be due to the fact that some players may have a better grip than others on the 3DS, but due to the huge amount of options for controlling in the WiiU version, people are able to play better because they are using something they are more comfortable with. As someone who plays Melee and Project M, I still think it's crazy how much I prefer the 3DS controller over the GC one when it comes to smash 4.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
You probably haven't translated completly into Smash Wii U yet. Once you get used to it, you'll be fairing as well if not even better than on 3DS.

Top Bottom