• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plano/Garland/Richardson - Brawl & Melee - Jan 18, 2009

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
Found this information: (But it does not give a break down of how it works)

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_Challenge
---------------------
192 singles entrants

Singles: Players were randomly assigned into 32 pools. Each entrant played round-robin matches against all other players in their pool. The three players with the best record in each pool advanced to a second set of pools. The top four players in the second pool advanced the 64-player bracket.
-------------------------
32(pools) * 6(players) = 192(total entrants) --- First Round
Top 3 best records --> 32 * 3 = 96(entrants remain)

16(pools) * 6(Players) = 96(entrants) - Second Round
Top 4 best records --> 16 * 4 = 64(entrants remain)

64-player bracket?

Was that what they are saying? 6 players per pool? Each play plays 5 others them take top X keep doing pools till you have a 64-player bracket?

Matt

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
yes!

by george, i think we've got it!

that sounds like it works, why are you researching how pools work? some huge tournament in the works???

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
oh i heard about that, it's supposed to be major, even big enough to attract out of state'ers
G-kon is amazing dude.

Well, everything except that you're in a room full of about 1000 gamers. Stinksville = le suck.

Dude, I should go to a crew battle under my old name. Ninja my way in and dominate as Count Chocula :p

In other news, this is an old picture a friend made for me, same dude that made my current sig:

whut?

Smash Journeyman
This is Melee 1
He did not **** me. On the 1st game I it came to the very last stock and the damage was like 130 and I barely lost. The second game I two stocked dave. On the third game nana suicided like twice and it still came to the very last hit. He BARELY won the set. If anyone got ***** "NO OFFENSE" it was me ****** you for like 5 hours straight. You should include that in your post. Oh and if you dont mind edit the post above and man up to the ownage you recieved

I found this post because i figured dm1 would be **** talkin for Smashanomicon!
what he says does not represent what i think(though i still love him, heterosexual ftw)
between us, i didnt **** you..but you didnt **** me either. We were both dealing with the flaws online presents,
so its nothing to get cocky over[not that its ever good to be cocky].
i remember suiciding with inhale after a lagged jump, hence the match you had two stock, so its understandable.
i dont think its fair to say i 'BARELY' won the set though.
the matches were close, but that doesnt mean i didnt deserve to win.
you and bwett are good, your ICs were a pain for ddd,
I dunno about you but i enjoyed the matches.

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
1: Nana Owns (Nana Owns) ($40.00)
2: Team I.C.E. (Team I.C.E.) ($20.00)
3: Mario's Butt Buddies (Mario's Butt Buddies) ($0.00)
4: Red Fox (Red Fox)
5: Blazing Turnips (Blazing Turnips)
5: Sparkles ^_^ (Sparkles ^_^)

Litte disapointing... But we always have next week!

Bwett

Smash Ace
This is Melee 1
He did not **** me. On the 1st game I it came to the very last stock and the damage was like 130 and I barely lost. The second game I two stocked dave. On the third game nana suicided like twice and it still came to the very last hit. He BARELY won the set. If anyone got ***** "NO OFFENSE" it was me ****** you for like 5 hours straight. You should include that in your post. Oh and if you dont mind edit the post above and man up to the ownage you recieved
Clearly, it was a joke when I said "teh pwnzorz," but no, you decide to go at me like that. Are you kidding me?! Why the hell do you feel you have to prove yourself? O WOW, you won this many melee tournaments and you won this many brawl tournaments and you beat mr. 3000 and you beat blah blah blah. I'm getting tired of your crap. You need to grow up cuz if you don't start acting like a man instead of a snot-nosed brat, no one is going to respect you.

O and btw, no one invited you over to my place for those 5 hours. You showed up without me knowing and I let you in out of the kindness of my heart. So shut your mouth and know your place. "NO OFFENSE"

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I found this post because i figured dm1 would be **** talkin for Smashanomicon!
what he says does not represent what i think(though i still love him, heterosexual ftw)
between us, i didnt **** you..but you didnt **** me either. We were both dealing with the flaws online presents,
so its nothing to get cocky over[not that its ever good to be cocky].
i remember suiciding with inhale after a lagged jump, hence the match you had two stock, so its understandable.
i dont think its fair to say i 'BARELY' won the set though.
the matches were close, but that doesnt mean i didnt deserve to win.
you and bwett are good, your ICs were a pain for ddd,
I dunno about you but i enjoyed the matches.
Sup man? you should come to texas sometime! i own these here parts, and i would love to fight another good DDD, word of mouth says you're as good as me, but like new york style and slightly better :-P

Clearly, it was a joke when I said "teh pwnzorz," but no, you decide to go at me like that. Are you kidding me?! Why the hell do you feel you have to prove yourself? O WOW, you won this many melee tournaments and you won this many brawl tournaments and you beat mr. 3000 and you beat blah blah blah. I'm getting tired of your crap. You need to grow up cuz if you don't start acting like a man instead of a snot-nosed brat, no one is going to respect you.

O and btw, no one invited you over to my place for those 5 hours. You showed up without me knowing and I let you in out of the kindness of my heart. So shut your mouth and know your place. "NO OFFENSE"

Haha, done!

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
yeah i've heard of him ^_^

yeah, i'm still deciding who i could stand to be in it, it's right now though fersure.

let's recruit today :-D
Hey Fogo if ur serious about a crew Im defintly up for that figured u was thinking about it since u was talking about it at bwetts that one night when we all played brawl till like 5 in the morning talk about overkill!!

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Hey Fogo if ur serious about a crew Im defintly up for that figured u was thinking about it since u was talking about it at bwetts that one night when we all played brawl till like 5 in the morning talk about overkill!!
I'll think about it, and we'll talk at my bi-weekly.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
For once I didn't talk ****, and I started the most XD

He whooped melee 1 twice, and melee 1 whooped Dave once. Dave's the best DDD... Player in the nation.

Hylian/God is amazing with IC's. Period.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Dude, I already told you, your DDD is garbage XD XD

Just kidding, nah you have a really good d3, but Dave is also really good. I think he's got you beat in spacing, but there is only one way to really make sure of that, right?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami

Just kidding, nah you have a really good d3, but Dave is also really good. I think he's got you beat in spacing, but there is only one way to really make sure of that, right?
agreed, whenever he comes into town give me a call fersure.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dallas people are too much fun <333.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
thats what it looks like ^.^

god dammit DM1 Stop challenging people in my name!
i dont even have any gameplay up, A hyped ddd dont = a good ddd

Sup man? you should come to texas sometime! i own these here parts, and i would love to fight another good DDD, word of mouth says you're as good as me, but like new york style and slightly better :-P
i dont see myself in the area any time soon, i would probably miss my dear island alot...
but if i get drugged & shipped to texas in a box i'll ask you directions to the next tourney

P.S. WTF new yawck style! haha

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
thats what it looks like ^.^

god dammit DM1 Stop challenging people in my name!
first 'boss', and most recently bwett & melee1,
i dont even have any gameplay up, A hyped ddd dont = a good ddd

i dont see myself in the area any time soon, i would probably miss my dear island alot...
but if i get drugged & shipped to texas in a box i'll ask you directions to the next tourney

I would like to play you, as everyone wouldn't stop talking about your D3 lmao.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Dude, had a great time playing you last night. You're a pretty chill guy. I guess Kal just sortof rubbed his aura off on you last time or something. Anyways, can't wait till the next time we play. Btw, your IC's...I don't think I'll ever challenge them again lol.

If you ever want to come to our bi-weekly, hit us up!

whut?

Smash Journeyman
friendly hype usually has good intentions..but it really only adds pressure!
since 666/DM1/birds/7734 are off brawl i have no one to play,
so i would definitely like to have some matches.
NY poster bumping a texas thread=fail,
ill send my FC in a message if you still want to brawl

SuperSaiyan4Rhiannon

Smash Cadet
I had so much fun at this tournament, even though team Sparkles didn't do very well lol!

EDIT: I'm gonna be just as good as hylian and dm1 one day hahaha

P.S.: Dave[whut?]
I love how you're seriously like the friendliest smasher in the world. I've grown so much respect for you. You're one of the best players I know and you're still the most level-headed. You don't get a big **** every time you totally annihilate people haha. You're very mature, and speak in fairness. And yeah I was there for those matches...and it seems like someone really hates to admit it that someone else is an amazing player when they lose >.< Plus you're like one of my best friends! :]

/end mushy sequence

Antichrist

Smash Cadet

wow, pwned. Sorry I left early the other night bwett! i had to go home and wash the suck off me as DM1 would say. And Whut?, you need to bring yo *** to tx ho! i aint a skeered a youzzz!~

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
haha fersure, can't wait til the next time you come! please don't bring kal though

mostly dm1 lol

haha fersure man, this is my state though, you'll need my permission to ride that drugged out box across my lines :-P

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
lawls, his DDD is really good.

Not my fault none of my crew even mutters text on the boards. If it weren't for my thread making skills you wouldn't even have vidjoz up.

Whut?, we get the Wii back tomorrow I think, so you don't have to be all sad anymore XD

God, good matches, I want a mm for 20 bux at FAST! It's AWN! *I ban Ice Climbers to*

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
I don' remember DM1 saying much about that new york guy just birds was talking about him being the best DDD ever. And yeah i had alot of fun at the tourny even tho it had a bad turn out i guess some ppl heard hylian was going so they backed out XD

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
yeah i know!

she was calling his name to the high heavens in all praise.
LMAO XD I kno man thats excatly right and apperantly she hates everything about me because i play snake tis the irony!

Best snake in dallas

Chant his name for he is ICE!!!!

Oh currently know as best snake in austin as well XD

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Whut?, we get the Wii back tomorrow I think, so you don't have to be all sad anymore XD
i'll be emo anyway tomorrow, english regents in the morning....****
& im still allowed to nag, cus smashanomicon never put any whut viddioes out!
the friendliest smasher in the world
only to people i know..i hate half the smashers i meet ^_^ people can really annoy the piss out of you! still...everyone deserves respect..
you need to bring yo *** to tx ho! i aint a skeered a youzzz!~
wanna fight tuff guy? i aint scaredy either, but how would i get to tx. box?
you'll need my permission to ride that drugged out box across my lines :-P
***** please! i can get a box past you anyday!
that **** will be on your doorstep in an hour, with the UPS man saying "whut?"
[pointlessthreadbump]

SuperSaiyan4Rhiannon

Smash Cadet
ICE: I'm jealous of your skills =[ you play really smart.

Oh yeah! And thanks a bunch Bwett for letting us come over the other day :] That was so nice of you.

P.s.: Dave is the best DDD in the universe. lol!!!!

EDIT: I was just giving everyone a hard time about Dave.

Actually every Dallas smasher I've met so far is amazing in their own way. ICE, Fogo, RoK, Melee1, poot, runningbrave, Bwett, KG, Snap, pretty much everyone who I usually see at tourneys around here is really good.

I love how everyone's styles vary so much.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
***** please! i can get a box past you anyday!
that **** will be on your doorstep in an hour, with the UPS man saying "whut?"
[pointlessthreadbump]

you're no snake, your box tricks won't fool me sir. hey do you have aim? i need to converse with you about some new tactics

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don' remember DM1 saying much about that new york guy just birds was talking about him being the best DDD ever. And yeah i had alot of fun at the tourny even tho it had a bad turn out i guess some ppl heard hylian was going so they backed out XD
My bad XD. Next time I will just show up unannounced.

And I wanted to be the best snake in dallas :(. ^_^.

Great games everyone :). Dallas has some ****ing Solid smashers :). Too good.

Top Bottom