• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKBB - Mother's Boy

What super awesome title should we give this video?

• Total voters

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
PKBB: Mother's Boy
Lucas Community Combo Video
(Although Brawl doesn't have true combo's, it's BS we make up as we go)

This will be the official thread of our second community combo video. Our first order of business is to decide on a name and then voting on it. Levitas will make a poll as soon as I get a list of good choices for the combo video.

Deadlines (hopefully):
Name Ideas: 2/16

Name Voting: 2/18
Gather Combo Clips:
Select Songs:
Edit Video:
Release:
???
Profit

Name Submissions so Far:
  • PKBBB
  • The Scared Hero
  • Tears of a Champion
  • Elemental Child
  • Mother's Boy
  • "My Family"
  • Defender of Tazmily
  • Levitas Too Cool
  • Made-You-Look
Replay Codes Download:
Download Link for unmodded wii
[collapse="Instructions for Unmodded Usage"]
1. Place the files in the correct structure on the SD card. (Be sure you put the contents of the folder "vBrawl" in the SD card, not the folder itself)
2. Delete all custom stages from your Wii, including the three that came with Brawl by default. If you wish to save any stages, back them to your computer or a second SD card.
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the stage builder. Press A to "Launch Game" when prompted. Brawl should restart.
4. Remove the SD card and enjoy unlimited replay. Failure to remove the SD card may result in crashing on the stage select screen.
[/collapse]Donwload Link for modded wii

Reply Submissions:
Project Link 2 said:
Each clip sent in will be reviewed for quality. Clips that don't make the cut will be discarded, and clips that we DO like, we will keep.

There will be a maximum of 4 approved clips per person. Submit 5 at a time, just to be sure. If some of your clips were cut, feel free to hand in more submissions until your 4 slots are filled. If you have more than 4 clips that we have approved, I will message you asking you which clips you will want to keep. You will be notified if clips are cut or approved.

Now this time, not all the work can be left up to those organizing, those of you who want in have to do your share of the work too to make this whole thing work- Project Link 1 was too messy and unorganized. Before even submitting a replay for recording, or anything of the likes, review your own replay and tell me exactly what the combo is, in this format:
Ledgehop Fair > Dash Attack > Bair > Etc.

If you're not sure as to what to write for a certain event:
Jab lock to - Now jab locks just don't end randomly, so tell us what you did at the end of your jab lock.
Jab lock to > Up-Smash, for example.
Stage spike from - If you got a stage spike, write out what the move is after this.
Stage spike from > F-air, for example.

Again, please do NOT submit your combos if they are not the absolute best you can make them. Either make them completely awe-inspiring, or... well, awe-inspiring, really.
All Replays should be sumitted to my (RocketPSIence) inbox.
I would like a video clip attaching to youtube and the .bin. If you use a camcorder to obtain the video clip, then I must have the .bin. However, if you have a high-quality clip, then it is acceptable to not have the .bin. If you do not have the Youtube video, it will be much more difficult to judge, so try to borrow a camcorder or capture card. I WILL NOT JUDGE THE CLIP IF IT DOES NOT HAVE AN ACCOMPANYING VIDEO. (seriously, just ask someone in the video section to upload if you cannot obtain a capture card or camcorder)

When you submit your combo to my inbox, I would like it to be titled "Combo Replay" and for the replay to be submitted in this form:
Code:
Clip 1: 

Opponent: Bowser 

Stage: Final Destination 

Combo: D-air > D-tilt > U-Smash (Tyr Combo) 

KO: Yes 

Damage: 43%

Time: 1:12-1:19

Youtube URL: http://www.youtube.com/xxxxxxxx
I will not be the only one to review, hopefully Levitas and another Lucas Community member will help me judge the clips.

Clips Submitted:
n/a
Approved by Levitas

lil cj

Smash Lord
ZMan already has a video montage of a similar name called Peekay Bay Bay: A Lucas SSBB Montage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMHl_w62kk4

I think the name should have more meaning to Lucas and be more original:)
My ideas are:

1.The Scared Hero (Lucas is known as a scaredy cat in Mother 3 and this was shown in Subspace Emissary)

2.PK Love & Hate ( A reference to his signature tech PK love with the opposite hate)

3.Tears of a Champion (Lucas is known as a cry baby)

4.Mind Over Matter (Lucas uses mostly psi than physical attacks)

5.Low Tier Warrior (this is an obvious one, he is low tier)

6.Mama's Boy or Mother's Boy (he is from the mother series, a play on words)

7.The Magic Touch (a reference to his down taunt)

8.Elemental Child (because he has PK fire,PK freeze, and PK thunder)

9.Snake Whisper (Obvious one, because of his rope snake/taunt and ironically Snake is his worst MU)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
This one will be even better :p

Would you like to limit those to the ones you think are better (the names that is)?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
if im editing it, it will be called peekay bay bay 2- exotic subtitle (that way it'll be like TWO names into one title. god**** im smart :laugh: )

with that being said, i can make (probably over spring break). i just need people to send me in clips and stuff. plus i need the experience cause im going into a film editing class next year and need a better grasp of video editing than i do now.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I am RocketPSIence >.>

I'm leading the project. I think HTM will be doing the video editing, he offered to help in the other thread so I assume the offer is still good. But as for now were just deciding the name.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
"My family"

Because that's who Lucas is fighting for.

Plus it shows how much of a community we are. yeah right

Other lame names pulled out of my ***:

LoveOmega
Mortal Damage
Tonda Gossa! (only true lucas players i.e. whoever has played the game would know this)
PK Omelets (8D!)
Searching for My Other Half (claus)
Summoning the Dark Dragon

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i have like one clip lmao

all the stuff from my wii is gone :l

so i only have like the low tier event stuff. I'll try to get more.

but that means i'll have to use lucas >_>

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
I'm with you Pink Fresh. All of my stuff is all Ness and i lost all my Lucas stuff from a while back:(

I'l see what i can do. We don't have a deadline for clips to be in do we?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Take Low Tier MU's and converse about them in the General Discussion please.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i got my first clips :D
i could save on replays some good spikes, doble dair, pkt2 tricks, jab cancel, nair combos and hitting with psi magnet, including FH magnet pull
i really want to have dair+footstool+dair but i couldn't perform it :(
and the FH magnet pull stuff can be better, i failed at combo after the psi magnet, i even had the opportunity to dtilt lock, but i used grab instead, which missed -.-

Kole

Smash Lord
How about "I kicked my father"?

I have a lot of music suggestions.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Music selection will be after we get the clips. (Read OP Pl0X)

Do you guys want me to get an SD card layed out for you guys to download that will have unlimited replays and tags in replays? (also forced replays on request)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
No problem APC, I'll put it in the OP for everyone. I'll also make a version for unhacked wiis.

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Well i possibly have a few clips... but I would need to use someone's wii to send them since mine broke. >.<

The only thing I can think of for a title is 'Defender of Tazmily.' That's just a suggestion though.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, OP updated with new suggestion and SD card packages with unlimited replays.

I'm also thinking "Peekay bay bay - levitas too cool" might be a great title :V

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ack, I know I"m late and the poll's up, but what about the name "Made-You-Look"?

It's a battle item in MOTHER 3, and it's a joke because if you watch the vid, it made you look.

*leaves out of embarrassment*

lil cj

Smash Lord
PeeKay Bay Bay 2 sounds too generic...come on we're more creative than that Lucas boards
Let PK Bay Bay stay as the masterpiece it is, sequels are never as good as the originals

Edit: Mother's Boy all the way!
Not because I made it up, it just sounds cool:)

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea for the opening video:

There will be a screen of Mother 3 battle vs Porky. It will have a short clip of "Lucas tried PK Love Omega!" with the dingly sound and all without the actual attack, then after that a screen of Lucas killing 3 999% jigglypuffs with usmash on training mode.

hell yeah.

Kole

Smash Lord
Why isn't "I Kicked My Father" on there? :mad:

I voted for MOTHER's boy

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hey guys, I can make custom textures for you guys to be used in the combo video as long you keep the replay file. When I say custom textures, I mean, I can literally make you the texture. So if anybody wants a Lucas custom texture, PM me.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try and get some of my clips loaded up and ill send them in!
haha how long do we have for submitting clips?

Top Bottom