• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Thunder. Possible buff?

nessmaster1

Smash Cadet
When I play Ness with any match up there is always an issue with recovery. I my own opinion. I believe that when recovering with Ness using his Pk Thunder it should not be interrupted by an opponent simply getting hit buy it and not being able to use it again. Now when I say this I don't mean it should override everything by that I mean, fireballs, attacks, bombs, projectiles ect. Just when an opponent is hit buy it while trying to recover and then you are SOL when it comes to recovery. Even if it is intentional, I don't think that alone should stop it. Something more intentional than simply jumping and getting hit. Thoughts? Agree? Disagree? Let me know what you think.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think it is a legitimate way to edgeguard ness

a good way to prevent this is by trying to recover from maximum distance, or recovering from very low

nessmaster1

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying it is impossible to recover. Just would be nice if I could PKT2 through someone.

Bryonato

Green Hat
It would be nice but at this point in Ness' development I don't think it's something that really needs to be addressed. Some lame things can happen sometimes, yes, but the risk of actually jumping out to try and eat pkt2 with the initial hitbox + pkt tail I feel Ness' recovery is fairly safe. There are ways to avoid a lot of attempts to eat pkt (whether intentional or not) such as looping the pkt on the opposite side of Ness' body (for example loop it to the right while recovering on left side of stage).

The_NZA

Smash Lord
You can make a really big loop around your opponent and still catch yourself most of hte time, due to the amazing distance of PKT. He's just fine...learn the counter play?

nessmaster1

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying it's impossible to recover. Not saying it need to go through the stage player attacks and final smashes. Just saying. If an opponent is simply above you when you do your Pkt it goes through. Like someone jumping into it, or floating. Not through everything and it needs to launch you further or it need to KO at 0%. Simply going through when an opponent isn't doing anything but being there at the time of the Pkt.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think that was part of its design though... i think that would be an unnecessary and a little bit overpowered buff

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Doesn't Lucas's PKT go through players??
His is also slower and his distance is about half of Ness's. If you want his pk thunder, you can rally for it but I think you'll be the only Ness player who does.

Bryonato

Green Hat
His is also slower and his distance is about half of Ness's. If you want his pk thunder, you can rally for it but I think you'll be the only Ness player who does.
It also doesn't essentially autocancel once Lucas hits the ground.

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
The only buff I'd consider for PK Thunder is the ability to shield cancel it. Even that a much. That's just because I like PK Thunder. :3

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
fast, lagless, shield cancelable PK Thunder though. ;3 Bryon, you have to feel the limitless possibles to believe.

Top Bottom