• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm... Well if I look at my Key Items names that stand out include
  • Phrygia's Notebook (already taken)
  • Egg of Light
  • Battle Memory (could be good for a replay thread, but the current title is different)
  • and a bunch of maps.
Let's see, what else?

Oh, I know, music titles. Mostly battle music, but there are others. In order they appear in the music player:
  • Let's Begin!
  • Enemy Encounter
  • Bothersome Guys
  • Stand Up Strong
  • Dangerous Guys
  • Troublesome Guys
  • Back-Beat Battle (plugging this because it's one of my favourites)
  • Astonishing March
  • Open Sesame Tofu! (we all know it's the best)
  • A Railway in Our Village
  • The Attic's A Dungeon
  • MROB-6270M (Not gonna lie, including this because it's a dumb name for a guide)
  • Strong One
  • Time Passage
  • 16 Melodies
Much obliged, my good man. I'm sure one of these will work finely.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Hey, people, community poll: I'm planning on writing a guide for Lucas as soon as I have enough data and information. But, creativity eludes me at this day and age, so I wanted to ask: does anyone have any name ideas I could use? Preferably, provided you've read this far, without referring to spoilers in the case people reading haven't played/finished Mother 3 at that point. Thanks :D.
I've actually have mentioned making a guide a long time ago and have a format of it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dFO6w1hTnxY6FEeB0xB3bk0e_zLXXqnzbWEfey6nzFo/edit?usp=sharing

If you want you can use this to make your guide, I'm at this point I'm kind of lazy to be the main producer and feel like being more of a community contributor

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
..woah, the one day I'm off the internet this bomb drops..

I just got home - someone fill me in, is there anything significant known about Lucas now that we have gameplay? I've glanced at the stream footage but it was a bit hard to watch.

Most importantly:
- Does SH Nair still autocancel?
- Does SH Fair still autocancel?
- Does fullhop Dair still autocancel?
- Is the magnet pull tech still in?

notbenny

Smash Cadet
The guy who was streaming was awful at Smash

I just got home - someone fill me in, is there anything significant known about Lucas now that we have gameplay? I've glanced at the stream footage but it was a bit hard to watch.

Most importantly:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
The guy who was streaming was awful at Smash
Yeahh, just a bit.. What's the deal with that, anyway? Leakers always seem to be incredibly subpar at the game when they show footage. (memories of the Japanese Smash 3DS stream)

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361

Most importantly:
Maybe Nair
Yes Fair
Yes full hop Dair
And idk

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Maybe Nair
Yes Fair
Yes full hop Dair
And idk
OMG YESSSSS. That makes me super happy. I was afraid we might lose some precious approach options.. I'm crossing my fingers for Nair autocanceling as well.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
SH nair will not autocancel if you connect all the hits.
even if it doesnt connect, it still might not AC.
and the landing lag is probably worse.

it's a shame that they nerfed nair.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361

Is it confirmed? I dunno I see it like Ness sorta where is faster when you don't hit somebody with hit but still auto cancels when you hit somebody with it..

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

Dang. That's unfortunate. Perhaps the shield damage will be be buffed to compensate for the landing lag and we'll be able to utilize it for shield pokes after damaging their shield a bit?

Just stuff posted on trophy descriptions and in game tips... UP SMASH CAN LEDGEGUARD? WAIT WHAT
This sounds like an amazing punish if you catch them without invincibility. Zair hitbox too!? I'm so hyped for these buffs!

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
PK Freeze is MUCH faster and goes below the edge, if you hit someone frame 1 with that, they're NOT recovering.

You CANT tech those.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Dang. That's unfortunate. Perhaps the shield damage will be be buffed to compensate for the landing lag and we'll be able to utilize it for shield pokes after damaging their shield a bit?

This sounds like an amazing punish if you catch them without invincibility. Zair hitbox too!? I'm so hyped for these buffs!
Rope Snake - Ledge Thrump - Back Air into Up Smash when they grab the ledge again

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman

It seems Dair lost its autocancel properties.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It seems Dair lost its autocancel properties.
Do you know of a timestamp in the stream where the leaker showcases Dair? I've been watching through it and haven't seen the move used yet.. I'm a bit skeptical since the streamer doesn't seem to know about competitive fundamentals.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Do you know of a timestamp in the stream where the leaker showcases Dair? I've been watching through it and haven't seen the move used yet.. I'm a bit skeptical since the streamer doesn't seem to know about competitive fundamentals.
I'd just test it tomorrow, no reason to speculate, this guy is pretty bad.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Changed my signature and avatar!

Can't wait for my Japan-Only boys!

N-Air I hope is not going to cripple Lucas too much due it's nerf. U-Air is also more or less similar to Ness's in means of startup and animation, I think.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I'd just test it tomorrow, no reason to speculate, this guy is pretty bad.
Fair enough. I'm just WAY too excited right now and want to grab as much information as possible, heh. I'm not sure that I'll be able to get to sleep tonight.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Fair enough. I'm just WAY too excited right now and want to grab as much information as possible, heh. I'm not sure that I'll be able to get to sleep tonight.
I really wanna sleep,just to kill time lol... But I probably won't :v

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Recording so many replays before Lucas arrives and nukes them all.

At least this mean I'll be done with my second Greninja montage earlier.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
image.jpg
Yeah, I'm going to sleep I can't stay for 11 hours LOL
Good night guys and remember

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Night guys! Our time is almost here! Tomorrow shall be a great day indeed. Can't wait to experience it with all of you!

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
It was somewhere. He was putzing around with Dair on the Omega version of Ryu's stage.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=74&v=qSnrlmjB4MM

It's probably in here somewhere. Why are leakers always so bad at playing.

Another Edit: around 1:40 the streamer teasts out Lucas' landing lag. Nair is looking Shulk tier.

Edit number 3: I really like those psychodelic sound effects Lucas has now

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It was somewhere. He was putzing around with Dair on the Omega version of Ryu's stage.
Hmm, perhaps he wasn't doing a rising fullhop Dair? It's really hard to say, I'm just gonna wait to lab tomorrow.

edit: Yeah, he's definitely not doing rising Dairs or Nairs. I don't think we should count those moves out yet. Oh, and I just noticed that dash attack looks heavily improved. Comes out noticeably faster and has low end lag.

Last edited:

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
According to the game's Tips, Lucas's "Up Smash has the strongest launch power of any move".

U P S M A S H B O Y S

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
I have a feeling that Lucas will be a edge guarding god...next to sheik and other character who have the best recoveries

Top Bottom