• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
CHAPTER 2 SPOILERS - DO NOT VIEW THIS OR YOU RUIN THE BEST PART OF THE GAME.

I'm addicted to this dance.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX

If that's not Lucas' new victory theme then I'm gonna destroy my copies of Smash because what is the point.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Also, I meant to do this on Friday but here're some of my personal favourite MOTHER songs:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mother 3 wasn't spoiled for me, but I watched a full playthrough before I played it. Then I had to get the translation because I knew that it was a truly special game.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I played the game... But not after spoiling the ending.

But don't feel bad. The ending only became special after I played it.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
There are so many Mother songs that I love. Smiles and Tears is up there!
Also when I hear the Theme of Love and Eight Melodies I have to fight tears. I can't be the only one right?
I think I am an emotional wreck... ;_;

EDIT: I hope we get some more Mother music alongside Lucas (though it's highly unlikely).

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

New taunt/victory pose for Lucas please.

You guys are really making me want to play M3 again... I can't get it again where I'm at, though.:( I'd have to wait until I went home again, and I'll be knee deep in Xenoblade by then.
I played the game... But not after spoiling the ending.

But don't feel bad. The ending only became special after I played it.
That's how I feel as well.
I still cried at "come home to your mother." And got close to crying that entire fight.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Oh yeah, I forgot about this! If Mashpotato Samurai doesn't put this in then 8 tear.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder if we'll get any new tracks..?

I think that'd be too much to ask. Maybe some of the cut songs from Brawl could be re-added.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Yeah, it's definitely a bit too much to ask for but it'd be awesome if we got new songs and - even though I hate this stage- New Pork City. NPC could actually be a fun stage for me in 8 player I feel.

Shaymikyu

Yeah, it's definitely a bit too much to ask for but it'd be awesome if we got new songs and - even though I hate this stage- New Pork City. NPC could actually be a fun stage for me in 8 player I feel.
Don't forget that there's Omega stages now too.

I wonder what Omega NPC would look like. It'd be cool if it kept the Empire Porky Building in the background.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Getting New Pork back with all the cut songs from Brawl would be a pretty possible scenario imo. Not getting my hopes up though.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget that there's Omega stages now too.

I wonder what Omega NPC would look like. It'd be cool if it kept the Empire Porky Building in the background.
I imagine it more like the Limousine is the platform with the same background haha.

Shaymikyu

I'd love to see DLC stages new and old, to be honest. Same with tracks. And alts. And trophies.

We still haven't even heard about the Miiverse stage in a while, though, which worries me for the possibility of stage DLC.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I can see New Pork City coming back, especially since we now have 8 Player Smash.
The question is will they do it? Lots of people don't like the stage but the amount of details hidden in the background make it one of my favourites (though it sometimes was a pain to fight on...)
The visuals and music made up for that!

Hey, ever so slightly off topic... Anybody like my new Lucas sig? :awesome:
Edit: Which appears on the 3rd post on this page and not this one :(

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The lack of Mother 3 content before the Lucas reveal hit me hard. Then our boy came out of nowhere.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I'd love to see DLC stages new and old, to be honest. Same with tracks. And alts. And trophies.

We still haven't even heard about the Miiverse stage in a while, though, which worries me for the possibility of stage DLC.
Yeah, I thought we'd hear more about Miiverse stage and the tournament mode in the Direct but apparently not. Maybe they'll drop with the Lucas DLC? I doubt they will with Mewtwo now.

I can see New Pork City coming back, especially since we now have 8 Player Smash.
The question is will they do it? Lots of people don't like the stage but the amount of details hidden in the background make it one of my favourites (though it sometimes was a pain to fight on...)
The visuals and music made up for that!

Hey, ever so slightly off topic... Anybody like my new Lucas sig? :awesome:
Edit: Which appears on the 3rd post on this page and not this one :(
Your sig's awesome! Which reminds me that I need to make one...

Shaymikyu

The lack of Mother 3 content before the Lucas reveal hit me hard. Then our boy came out of nowhere.
It actually peeved me a little. It's like Mother 3 didn't even exist. Even the Magicant stage didn't feature any Mother 3 scenes in the background. I know Magicant is not in M3, but it still felt insulting to see your favorite game treated like it didn't exist. They could have at least had a Mother 3 enemy in Smash Run or more Mother 3 trophies aside from recycled Brawl ones or a new Mother 3 song or a Mother 3 assist trophy...

At least Lucas is back.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It actually peeved me a little. It's like Mother 3 didn't even exist. Even the Magicant stage didn't feature any Mother 3 scenes in the background. I know Magicant is not in M3, but it still felt insulting to see your favorite game treated like it didn't exist. They could have at least had a Mother 3 enemy in Smash Run or more Mother 3 trophies aside from recycled Brawl ones or a new Mother 3 song or a Mother 3 assist trophy...

At least Lucas is back.
The lack of Mother 3 in Magicant was the worst (except for Lucas being cut), because that was on the 3DS and Mother 3 is handheld. :/

Shaymikyu

The lack of Mother 3 in Magicant was the worst (except for Lucas being cut), because that was on the 3DS and Mother 3 is handheld. :/
That's why it confused me that we got the new Mother 1/2 stage on the handheld. Why not have Magicant in the Wii U version and Saturn Valley or something in the 3DS version? I know about Mother 1+2, but those were ports, not the originals.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Magicant's a cool stage but I was so upset and annoyed that there wasn't a MOTHER 3 stage on 3DS. Magicant would have been SO good in HD and having a MOTHER 3 stage as the new 3DS one would've been amazing.

But we have Lucas now at least!

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Yeah, I thought we'd hear more about Miiverse stage and the tournament mode in the Direct but apparently not. Maybe they'll drop with the Lucas DLC? I doubt they will with Mewtwo now.

Your sig's awesome! Which reminds me that I need to make one...
Haha! Thankyou! It's a shame I couldn't fit everything on though :p
I thought the direct mentioned something about stages/custom stages so I quickly looked back and it was just about the ability to share them.
On that note has anybody made any Custom Stages based on Mother or something else interesting? I hope I can find some cool ones to play on when the download releases because I've made barely any.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
For those of you saying "blah blah blah" was too obvious, I think it was meant to be that way.
With the whole screen effect you get, and the other stuff around it I think it guides you as a player to think that, and just make you wanna cry for him because thats wack.

Also...

Only people who know PK Love can pull the needles, Aeolia said Claus passed by and she was surprised that he could learn it when they taught him the technique, as well as Lucas when he came by. They didn't say they taught him PK Love, but early in the game if you remember that you can put 2+2 together. THATS RIGHT FOUR IS IN THE GAME.
That being said, when someone else pulls the needles, it's a little obvious who it is, I don't think he was trying to keep it a secret :p.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I do love looking up everybodys reactions :psycho:
I spent most of my time after the Direct looking up every reaction I could find. It's fun to see people as hyped as I am!

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Alas, my Nintendo Direct experience was hilariously unfortunate this time. I came in at what I'm pretty sure was immediately after the Lucas trailer and info ended.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm a fairly inexpressive person so most of my hype was bottled inside of me, I probably wouldn't be able to do a good reaction video myself

But man, it's crazy seeing just how popular Lucas really is even among Smash fans.

Also seriously just how many youtubers mained Lucas in Brawl? A lot of the reaction videos I see have them saying "My main?!"

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I'm a fairly inexpressive person so most of my hype was bottled inside of me, I probably wouldn't be able to do a good reaction video myself

But man, it's crazy seeing just how popular Lucas really is even among Smash fans.

Also seriously just how many youtubers mained Lucas in Brawl? A lot of the reaction videos I see have them saying "My main?!"
I noticed that too. Personally I think people get caught up in the hype and they decide to main him because it's new (mostly?) and exciting and they want a piece of the action, but I could be completely wrong.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX

Yeah, I thought not many people mained Lucas but apparently many did? One of the best smashers in my scene apparently had him as a secondary and will again along with a few other friends of mine. I guess I won't be the only Lucas main in Scotland or even one of few like I had expected.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I noticed that too. Personally I think people get caught up in the hype and they decide to main him because it's new (mostly?) and exciting and they want a piece of the action, but I could be completely wrong.
I think the ones that say that are because they mained him in Brawl, not because they suddenly decided to main him in this one.

Yeah, I thought not many people mained Lucas but apparently many did? One of the best smashers in my scene apparently had him as a secondary and will again along with a few other friends of mine. I guess I won't be the only Lucas main in Scotland or even one of few like I had expected.

Among my friends I was the only one who cared about Lucas, so seeing such a huge fanbase for him in the Smash community is really shocking to me, especially since before Brawl most people probably didn't even know he existed.

Though what really made me love Lucas at first was the Subspace Emissary since he was the one (well, I guess R.O.B did too) character to go through some character development there.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Same, especially since I'm naturally very quiet in general; but you don't have to scream or shout to let people know your excited! (even though it makes for a hilarious reaction video)

YouReadMyName

Smash Cadet
New idea. In Onett, you can actually see the meteor from Earthbound from camera view. They should make a stage with the meteor and the cliffs around it (for competitive play if need be) or if they want it more fun friendly, put little snakes and doges as stage enemies, present boxes that act like the grass item, and the occasional butterfly that heals health. Onett could be in the background of this stage too.

EDIT: even though this has nothing to do with Mother 3... :)

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
There is another song I would love...

Though it would be extremely tough to fight with it playing in the background, since I would only be able to think about the ending.

Top Bottom