• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Hey, I forgot to mention before that today the Portuguese (BR) fan translation for EarthBound was finished. After 7 YEARS. The Mother and Mother 3 translation were finished in much less time. Why do you guys think it took all that time? I mean, the language has a lot of grammatical rules in it, but if you take that in consideration the Mother 3 translation would've taken a lot of time too, hm...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I plan on replaying Earthbound and Mother 3 sometime soon... Hopefully Nintendo will get the idea to release the original MOTHER soon, because I really don't want to emulate it like I had to for Mother 3.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Itoi said in an interview a little while ago that although he doesn't want to make another Mother, he wishes he could have been a player of the previous Mother games and would have enjoyed them. He has said he would love to play a Mother 4 made by someone else, though I don't think he was expecting people would go so far as to make a game - his interpretation of a Mother 4 includes a good stage play because he couldn't 'get enough of the dialogue', or simply going with life in all its zany nature. I think though if he saw the Mother 4 game he'd be pretty impressed by it, and hopefully he'd make it official or work with the creators on minor edits and then make it official if he had to. You should check out the interview, it's pretty cute: http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/04/shigesato-itoi-discusses-mother-4/
Oh wow I actually do think I remember hearing that quote one time but I'm definitely going to check out the entire interview. Itoi seems like a stand-up guy and it'd be the coolest thing ever to see him work with the creators of Mother 4! :D

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When I get a good chance I'm gonna try and do a drawing for Lucas. I'm not sure what I'll include though. Art has already been done for him saving Ness, and him getting a letter... I'll have to figure something else out. =P

And yeah, generally I have less interested in fan-made games because they don't have the legitimacy of other games. But I really want Mother 4 to be recognised to it gets that legitimacy and we can say we have 4 instalments in the Mother series. Also it means people can fill out their four square avatars with Ninten, Ness, Lucas and Trevor.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am still convinced that they'll add New Pork City eventually. The large stage just screams 8-player smash

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Am I the only person who kinda likes the eyes better like this?
Also do you guys like my sig ? 8)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I am still convinced that they'll add New Pork City eventually. The large stage just screams 8-player smash
All my yes, one of my favorite maps in Brawl even without knowing about the Mother series at the time.

Yeah I definitely like it that he has eye color instead of just plain black eyes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eh.. no, sorry.

And I love your sig.

I hope so...

When I get a good chance I'm gonna try and do a drawing for Lucas. I'm not sure what I'll include though. Art has already been done for him saving Ness, and him getting a letter... I'll have to figure something else out. =P

And yeah, generally I have less interested in fan-made games because they don't have the legitimacy of other games. But I really want Mother 4 to be recognised to it gets that legitimacy and we can say we have 4 instalments in the Mother series. Also it means people can fill out their four square avatars with Ninten, Ness, Lucas and Trevor.
Imagine if Mother 4 gets on a Nintendo console. :awesome:

That might be too good to be true.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

I'm on the same boat as you for this one. I'm worried that Mother 4 won't have the same feel as the actual games. I'm really hoping we can say that four Mother games exist, but one little flaw in that game could ruin it. I do like what we've seen so far! The story is a bit... lacking, though. If it doesn't have a deep and amazing story like the official games, it'll be ruined.

I'm not sure. I really like them both, although I probably prefer the solid black eyes as it resembles his sprite more, along with giving a better Mother 3 feel.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Eh.. no, sorry.

And I love your sig.

I hope so...

Imagine if Mother 4 gets on a Nintendo console. :awesome:

That might be too good to be true.
If they got toned down I'd like it, but I mean I like a slight blue tint on his eyes just for some detail.
I thought it was nice in Brawl.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Yeah I just don't see him as the type of guy who would do that. I'd personally be kind of happy to see how passionate my fans are about the series if I was him.
Yeah...
If I was him I would be very happy. He has so many fans for a set of 3 games that seem to have no future, yet they all stick to the franchise knowing that. The series always makes me tear up and think about myself and decisions.
Maybe I'm just weird but the world Itoi has created feels alive and he should be proud of that. :)

I believe somewhere Itoi quoted Mother 4 would never be created, and I believe I also read he would want to see others make the next installment, even from the fans.

I may be wrong, but I swear I've read this somewhere.
I believe you are correct as I remember the same thing (although I still thought he somehow saw the project. I dunno :p)
At least he is letting the fans have an input instead of trying to force everybody to leave the series.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm on the same boat as you for this one. I'm worried that Mother 4 won't have the same feel as the actual games. I'm really hoping we can say that four Mother games exist, but one little flaw in that game could ruin it. I do like what we've seen so far! The story is a bit... lacking, though. If it doesn't have a deep and amazing story like the official games, it'll be ruined.

I'm not sure. I really like them both, although I probably prefer the solid black eyes as it resembles his sprite more, along with giving a better Mother 3 feel.
Mother 3 really was the only deep story in the seires.

EarthBound and Mother both were simplistic story-wise, but has deep themes.

@ Luco Luco - Thanks for sharing that interview. Funny how a game series made by a bunch of people who don't make games for living can hit so many heart-strings.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Wess and Salsa have quickly become my favorite characters!

Yeah...
If I was him I would be very happy. He has so many fans for a set of 3 games that seem to have no future, yet they all stick to the franchise knowing that. The series always makes me tear up and think about myself and decisions.
Maybe I'm just weird but the world Itoi has created feels alive and he should be proud of that. :)

I believe you are correct as I remember the same thing (although I still thought he somehow saw the project. I dunno :p)
At least he is letting the fans have an input instead of trying to force everybody to leave the series.
If you like games that make you think about your actions then I think the Shin Megami Tensei series would be perfect for you. Multiple endings and the ending all comes down to the type of person you are. Also the Earthbound series is one of the few games that have really made me love the world and interacting with the NPCs to see the silly dialogue. I also love all the games for their deep themes beneath the happy themes shown.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Liking the eyes and sig!
The black pits are a little bit intimidating. :nervous:

If you like games that make you think about your actions then I think the Shin Megami Tensei series would be perfect for you. Multiple endings and the ending all comes down to the type of person you are. Also the Earthbound series is one of the few games that have really made me love the world and interacting with the NPCs to see the silly dialogue. I also love all the games for their deep themes beneath the happy themes shown.
I have wanted to try the series for quite some time (due to the fact that I also love Persona!)
I think I might pick it up sometime soon if you recommend it! Of course I need to grab Splatoon and Codename Steam too along with an expensive Ness amiibo. ._.
Anything with a good story/engaging world is something I am interested in! I fully agree with you!

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Hey all, Brawl Lucas main here! I just wanted to pop in to share in the excitement for the return of our boy! I have been a fan of Lucas ever since I played Mother 3 both in Japanese and then in English.

I gotta say how I LOVE how he seems more confident in Smash 4! I hope he flows like water in this installment, too! That was my favorite part about him in Brawl, fighting with him felt like a dance.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
IDK why, but I have a hunch that Sakurai will pull out all the stops to make Lucas a more solid character than Ness, and Ness is already pretty godly. He already has a PK Thunder that results in making it harder for his recoveries to be stopped than Ness', so it is very plausable that he will turn out being better on the whole, and considering that Ness is godly he may be even more godly.

Whatever happens I'm happy to have my Brawl main back and I will DEFINITELY pick him up as soon as he gets released and perfect him in time for whatever tournament us in the UK can get our fingers around.

I just hope they don't bring back New Pork Sh*t as his stage cause that was the most horrible stage in Smash history if you exclude Hanebow and that city stage from Melee.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Finally got to Chapter 4 of nonstop playing! LUCAS BABY!!!
IDK why, but I have a hunch that Sakurai will pull out all the stops to make Lucas a more solid character than Ness, and Ness is already pretty godly. He already has a PK Thunder that results in making it harder for his recoveries to be stopped than Ness', so it is very plausable that he will turn out being better on the whole, and considering that Ness is godly he may be even more godly.

Whatever happens I'm happy to have my Brawl main back and I will DEFINITELY pick him up as soon as he gets released and perfect him in time for whatever tournament us in the UK can get our fingers around.

I just hope they don't bring back New Pork Sh*t as his stage cause that was the most horrible stage in Smash history if you exclude Hanebow and that city stage from Melee.
I liked New Pork City as a casual... :(

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I doubt that Lucas will be overrall better than Ness. Both will have advantages and diadvantages.

Ness has done well with the new engine, and no doubt Lucas will too.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Something tells me you never played Mother3 OR EarthBound... :p

I really loved New Pork just because of how close it was to the actual place in Mother3. Like, it was damn near spot-on. I'd really love it just so there would be an excuse for more Mother music and a new Mother Omega stage to play on (hoping for the limo.)

Also, that city stage from Melee (Fourside) was also my favorite too, and I didn't even really know about Mother back then. I just really loved the music (and still do. One of the best remixes Smash has ever had.) and the idea that everybody was fighting on top of a bunch of big skyscrapers. That was cool.

Man... Just the more Mother representation in Smash we get, the happier I'll be.

Also... I really AM the only person who liked Hanenbow, aren't I?

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Agreed. I LOVED those stages. I miss Fourside, like, a lot.

I'll never forget, once on Fourside, a level 9 CPU Marth took a parasol and jumped off the right building and floated into oblivion. It was the most random thing ever. He didn't jump after anyone, in fact, he jumped away from the fray. My friends and I couldn't believe it.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Fourside was the best. I am eternally sad that it didn't return in brawl/Sm4sh. Though ironically it was one of Ness's worst stages since it messes up his recovery.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
So I made this (with my limited MSpaint skillz as well as gimp for the recoloring lol) after I discovered Claus and Ness had similar shirts. Is it just me or is it incredibly hilarious?

EDIT:
also tried this, I don't like it as much

Last edited:
When people post here saying theyve been lurking the boards but finally made an account just to interact with us, it warms my heart... I was in the same boat. I lurked smashboards for a while until finally making an account after reading the ROB social and deciding I wanted to be a part of that.

So yeah, lets make this an awesome community for everyone, a community that makes people love the entire site enough to stick around until the next smash game!

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
I love Lucas so much that I might name a son of mine (if I ever have kids) after him. Is there something wrong with me?

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
I couldn't wait to finally see Lucas, and Mewtwo on the Damage HUD, so I re-created it! Enjoy! (Note: This took forever to make lol)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I didn't even realize but yesterday was my 2nd year on Smashboards. Can't believe I've been part of the community for that long.

Too bad by the looks of it characters are all that are included in the their DLC, no stage with them most likelu

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I love Lucas so much that I might name a son of mine (if I ever have kids) after him. Is there something wrong with me?
I don't see anything wrong with that. Robin Williams (RIP) named his daughter after Zelda, after all!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
True, but I highly doubt his intentions were to name her after a video game character haha.
He himself stated that he named her after the character. Robin Williams was a pretty big fan of the series.

Top Bottom