• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Fluxx

Smash Rookie
Yea, but Ness and Lucas have completely different aerials, smashes, and tilts, other than fsmash, where the bats are similar, and dtilt which looks similar.
I might be missing one or two, maybe uair looks similar as well. They are actually radically different characters and of any characters that are considered "clones", Lucas and Wolf are definitely the two that are the least clone-y

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
The lack of faith in this thread is kinda sad... Idc how many characters this leak has gotten so far, this bit has pretty much thrown away all credibility for me. Said "leaker" must've worked for Nintendo between '12-'13 (if at all) for him not to known the identity of greninja. That being said all his info is dated, explaining why all the characters he "leaked" weren't all revealed st E3. This also means the decision about ness and lucas could be changed. I honestly doubt there was much of a "debate" about their to begin with since Nintendo IS aware of Mother's fanbase and even referenced Mother 3 localization in their E3 direct. They did the same thing with starfox and it was revealed that the series has a new game in development. So...
Basically cutting one of the mother reps would kinda be a slap in the face at this point. I honestly doubt it'll happen.

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
Well it just accured to me

(Now correct me if im wrong but)

I think its really really bad for lucas, i mean coulden't ness's alternate attacks be luca's for ness's moves for the custom moveset thing.

I mean faster pk thunder, and ice varation of PK blast, the healing shield being out instead of around him, and a just a explosive version of pk fire like lucas's.
Well they could always give him a new/slightly different moveset. Maybe like how PM did it with offense up as his standard special with pk freeze as his side special. Also if toon link was able to return with no changes in his moveset I think Lucas will be ok.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Lucas has great potential for a largely/completely different moveset.
Sakurai just screwed him up in Brawl.

Toon Link returned almost solely because the game can make more sales from Zelda fanboys.
I doubt the same circumstances will apply for Lucas :(

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Lucas has had such a tough life.
His mom died, he has to fight his brother to death, and his world pretty much is destroyed.
And now he is in talks of being cut from Super Smash Bros. Dude can't catch a break.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My take:
Since the Mother series is completely done, shouldn't Lucas be in as the best Mother protaginist over Ness, Mother 3 was considered better than Earthbound. It's better to represent the best than the iconic, Sakurai is showcasing the greatest Nintendo all-stars in the main roster, Lucas should honestly be the one kept. This won't change the situation that Lucas is likely cut now though. :(

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Didn't more people use Lucas over Ness in Brawl? Lucas was unbelievably cheap to use tbh and I loved it. :040: He shouldn't be cut.

D

Deleted member

Guys

We must keep faith. Lucas will return. Ness will return. No one is being cut. We just have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluxx

Smash Rookie
Didn't more people use Lucas over Ness in Brawl? Lucas was unbelievably cheap to use tbh and I loved it. :040: He shouldn't be cut.
More? I don't really know. There was Pink Fresh, FAE, Mekos... maybe a few more?
I don't know who played Ness other than FOW and SHaky.

But one thing's for sure, Lucas was not cheap and sadly was pretty bad.
Nothing beats the satisfaction magnet pulling and zap jumping around the stage though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing beats the satisfaction of beating someone with Lucas, having them complain about losing to a little kid, then tell them he's actually anywhere from 12 to 14 years old.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
nothing beats the satisfaction of footstool -> jump cancel PSIM -> Dtilt lock. kills from like 30.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
nothing beats running away from everyone and using PK Thunder to get Smash Balls all the time and having everyone hate you :040:

D

Deleted member

Lucas looks like a 7-year-old.
And yet, he's at least 12. Ness is in the same age range as Lucas, Pokemon Trainer is about 11, Roy is 15, Marth is 16, and Ike (in Path of Radiance) and Little Mac are 17. Don't you just love conflicting art styles?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Pretty much everyone expects Lucas cut now because of Sal's recent leak. I would just be so happy if he was revealed soon to just put those comments to rest.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't really want either of the two psychic boys to get cut. I think since Sal also mentioned that there would be character DLC that even if Lucas wound up cut, he'd be a big candidate for DLC at least.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Along with Wolf, Lucas is probably the most divergent clone in Smash. He shares only 3 normals with Ness (f-smash, d-tilt since both are spammable, and u-air), the rest are all unique, and his specials are all very different in function from Ness'.

I don't see what Sakurai would accomplish by getting rid of either Wolf OR Lucas.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
everyone be hateing on lucas :(

Ryan.

Smash Lord
^ Yeah I prefer Lucas' PK Fire.

Wonder if we will see this guy for the Mother 25th Anniversary,

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I love spamming Ness's final smash diagonally, it's good for racking up damage and you can sort of cage your opponent in, a good finish is pk flash or a forward or backward grab

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Do you guys think that Mother 3 will ever be released outside Japan?
Nah.

But, if you haven't done it already, play the English translation anyway.

I didn't want to emulate at first until I learned that emulating a game is legal under one condition: you must own the original game in some legal capacity. So, I shelled out some money for a Japanese Mother 3 cartridge and went right ahead and emulated it.

It was worth every penny, and more ;_;

Last edited:

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think that Mother 3 will ever be released outside Japan?
I think it has a chance of being released since game boy advance games are going on the wii u, but it could go either way. We might never get it here, but we do have the fan translation so if it does never get released I wouldn't care all that much.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I dont want lucas cut either. Guess there is always dlc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Falco not revealed today = Lucas is still in the game :whoop:

D

Deleted member

That doesn't necessarily mean Lucas will be in the game. Don't forget, the Gematsu leak also claimed Lucas would be cut.
No, it claimed they were thinking of cutting him. I think the Gematsu leak is true, but the part about Lucas is so vague, I just ignore it. I will assume he's in the game until Smash 3DS launches in Japan, which will confirm or deny my suspicions.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
No, it claimed they were thinking of cutting him. I think the Gematsu leak is true, but the part about Lucas is so vague, I just ignore it. I will assume he's in the game until Smash 3DS launches in Japan, which will confirm or deny my suspicions.
imho, I don't want Lucas back. We didn't really need another Mother rep, and he was so similar to Ness. There are many other characters I'd rather see be in the roster, and honestly two Mother reps would just overcrowd it. I'd much prefer to have King K. Rool than to see Lucas.

Top Bottom