• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
Dude I fought the Starman Deluxe yesterday and he was a jerk. I grinded like crazy and when I fought him, I realized how little health he has... Like he wrecked my party still and I was like "Wtf why is this boss so OP" and he dies after I did like 1k ~ 2k damage to him. =(

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Dude I fought the Starman Deluxe yesterday and he was a jerk. I grinded like crazy and when I fought him, I realized how little health he has... Like he wrecked my party still and I was like "Wtf why is this boss so OP" and he dies after I did like 1k ~ 2k damage to him. =(
Did Boney get injured?

Drippy

Smash Ace
By the way, I know it's really early but would you guys be interested in helping me with my Lucas guide in the future? It'd be awesome to have a guide primarily created by the community (and credit of course would be given and I may just title it "A Community Guide"). I already know for sure I'll be maining Lucas so there's no way I'll be dropping the guide, but on the 0.00000000000001 chance I do, I can just give someone else the guide. I basically already have a template down for the guide and the rest is just filling it up with information (which of course we don't have yet). I'm checking out top guides to see how I should go in terms of formatting / information that should be included so I'm making sure to include a lot and basically making this an advanced guide.

Also more importantly, a lot of guides have a fancy phrase or something. What should I do... so far I have Mastering PSI Ω but it doesn't sound cool or cheesy enough.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
By the way, I know it's really early but would you guys be interested in helping me with my Lucas guide in the future? It'd be awesome to have a guide primarily created by the community (and credit of course would be given and I may just title it "A Community Guide"). I already know for sure I'll be maining Lucas so there's no way I'll be dropping the guide, but on the 0.00000000000001 chance I do, I can just give someone else the guide. I basically already have a template down for the guide and the rest is just filling it up with information (which of course we don't have yet). I'm checking out top guides to see how I should go in terms of formatting / information that should be included so I'm making sure to include a lot and basically making this an advanced guide.

Also more importantly, a lot of guides have a fancy phrase or something. What should I do... so far I have Mastering PSI Ω but it doesn't sound cool or cheesy enough.
I already planned on making/helping with it.

You already got me 8)

Drippy

Smash Ace
I already planned on making/helping with it.

You already got me 8)
Awesome! Yeah for the guide it basically all comes down to just pasting the information onto it because I ALMOST will have everything ready and I plan on making it a large guide as well.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Awesome! Yeah for the guide it basically all comes down to just pasting the information onto it because I ALMOST will have everything ready and I plan on making it a large guide as well.
If you need help just feel free to ask, I was planning on making a pre-template as well. This sounds a lot easier for me though now haha

Drippy

Smash Ace
If you need help just feel free to ask, I was planning on making a pre-template as well. This sounds a lot easier for me though now haha
Yeah no problem man! I think if I have any questions as for template, it'll be mainly what I should be including in this guide in terms of information though I'll ask that after I'm completely finished with the template. And for some reason I REALLY love making guides. I used to create a lot back in my League of Legends days and my guides often got top rankings because I'm super crucial when it comes to formatting (I always try to make them look really nice) and information so I'm confident I'll spend a lot of time in this guide. Also hope it'll be fun bonding experience with the community if people decide to participate as well, and it will also make my life a hell of a lot easier haha....

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Guys I'm so excited for Lucas! Why is it not june yet ? :(

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

Even though I'm obviously not the most knowledgable/senior player, I'd be more then happy to help contribute what I can, if you need it.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah no problem man! I think if I have any questions as for template, it'll be mainly what I should be including in this guide in terms of information though I'll ask that after I'm completely finished with the template. And for some reason I REALLY love making guides. I used to create a lot back in my League of Legends days and my guides often got top rankings because I'm super crucial when it comes to formatting (I always try to make them look really nice) and information so I'm confident I'll spend a lot of time in this guide. Also hope it'll be fun bonding experience with the community if people decide to participate as well, and it will also make my life a hell of a lot easier haha....
I have an HD cap card so I will try getting footage of techs, although I think we should save vids of techs until a patch note later... for reasons.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Even though I'm obviously not the most knowledgable/senior player, I'd be more then happy to help contribute what I can, if you need it.
Any help is appreciated!

I have an HD cap card so I will try getting footage of techs, although I think we should save vids of techs until a patch note later... for reasons.
Yeah that'd be awesome! Footage of his combos, perhaps playing against certain players like campy-based / aggressive, and his techniques would be awesome.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I hope we can get a Mother 3 stage with Lucas. I want more of that amazing music. Heck, I would be happy even if we got New pork back since Omega versions are a thing now.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

I would suggest not only talk about combos and competitive strategies, but also put in tips and strategies for "for fun" stages and with and against items. That way people can just contribute little tips and tricks they pick up when they play. For example, like in Skyworld with Ness, it's good to stay on the lower platform because his dash attack and Fthrow will tend to bounce opponents upward into the platforms and the down into the pit, making a hard recovery. Or facts like the Psi magnets can absorb AT dark samus' projectiles and mega Lucario"s Aura Spheres etc..

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well, I mean, this is most likely going to be a competitive guide. It's generally the same strategy when playing with items - run away until the RNGesus spawns an amazing item, go use it and win.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I would suggest not only talk about combos and competitive strategies, but also put in tips and strategies for "for fun" stages and with and against items. That way people can just contribute little tips and tricks they pick up when they play. For example, like in Skyworld with Ness, it's good to stay on the lower platform because his dash attack and Fthrow will tend to bounce opponents upward into the platforms and the down into the pit, making a hard recovery. Or facts like the Psi magnets can absorb AT dark samus' projectiles and mega Lucario"s Aura Spheres etc..
The guide is more centered towards the competitive scene but hey, if you would like to contribute for a section like that I'll make a section for it and give you full credit towards it because tbh I don't really play much for fun with my friends other than Smash Tour (and it's not a 100% guaranteed I'll even get Lucas in that mode) and I don't want to spend to much time trying to find much information about that stuff but if I do happen to stumble upon some information like that + you want to help with it along with others possibly, I be more than happy to include it.

Well, I mean, this is most likely going to be a competitive guide. It's generally the same strategy when playing with items - run away until the RNGesus spawns an amazing item, go use it and win.
Unless it's something like a Super Scope, in that case you let your opponent go use it and you win anyway.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Well like I'm talking about things people may not know like Ness' PKT2 will stop somebody using the black hammer etc..

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I hope we can get a Mother 3 stage with Lucas. I want more of that amazing music. Heck, I would be happy even if we got New pork back since Omega versions are a thing now.
Come on, Osohe Castle...

Presents are scattered around the stage and opening them can yield food and other healing items. But watch out! Sometimes a ghost may pop out instead, and when it burps in your face, negative effects can happen, such as being shrunken, having a flower sprout on your head, or even being dazed.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
BUT MAKE SURE TO BUY PLENTY OF EARTHBOUND AMIIBO TO PAY FOR IT.
I FEEL LIKE THIS DOESN'T QUITE MAKE SENSE BUT OKAY. :3

@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans - imagine if there were a debuff in smash brothers that caused your opponent to do say 3-4% less damage on any given move for a certain period of time? That would be something else! @.@

EDIT: That must seem insanely out of context, I was thinking about the burping ghost lowering attack stat, there's the link! =P

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
If we don't end up getting a new Mother stage, I think it would be awesome if they remade Magicant in HD for the Wii U version that comes with the Lucas DLC.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If we don't end up getting a new Mother stage, I think it would be awesome if they remade Magicant in HD for the Wii U version that comes with the Lucas DLC.
Yes. I was so dissapointed when we didn't get that. It would look so great.

A new stage mased off of the Market area in Twoson would be cool! You can bounce around on the awnings and Hippies can sometimes appear as stage enemies.

Also sometimes pizza

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
There's something that's bothering me about Lucas's design in this game, however...
Despite the fact that they have already have similar models, Lucas and Ness seemed a lot different aesthetically in Brawl, yet in Smash 4 that doesn't feel like the case.

He just seems off, is what I'm saying. Anyone else?

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lucas' hair looks really weird. It's like overly detailed or something. Maybe it's just the trailer?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
There's something that's bothering me about Lucas's design in this game, however...
Despite the fact that they have already have similar models, Lucas and Ness seemed a lot different aesthetically in Brawl, yet in Smash 4 that doesn't feel like the case.

He just seems off, is what I'm saying. Anyone else?
I've actually talked about this before. It's really odd how they look so alike in this game. Right now I've been saying it's how Lucas smiles during idle as their faces are textures in this game, but somebody brought up a good point about how the shirts are the same instead of Ness having a different one.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Ness' shirt is different compared to previous titles. Something about the stripes on it? I believe the last one is incorrect in this game.

Soul.

Where's my red palette swap from Brawl. I can't play Lucas without it.
also hi people

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
How to deal with Gust Bellows as Lucas:

1. Start flying off the stage
2. Click Z
3. Rope Snake will save your life

Top Bottom