• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
He probably had the Earthbound VC release to have him in top priority list.
Not to mention being one of the original 12. (Which I now think is a huge factor)
Though Melee and Brawl... Lucas was supposed to replace him both times, yet he didn't (E64 canceled and nearly Ness in Brawl, but managed to squeeze his way in): who says they can't coexist in Smash?

Now Original 12 may protect Ness for 4 and possibly beyond, but not so much for the other Smash games.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Honestly, when I think about how much Smash has done to raise awareness for the Mother series, it just makes me smile. I would have little to no reason to be interested in these games if not for Smash.

It's a pipe dream, naturally, but if Lucas and Porky were in Smash - well, I think I'd just die of glee~

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
If relevancy was a thing we should have lost these guys by now.
:4charizard::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4megaman::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4pacman::4rob:
I have Pacman on there simply because his World design
And Charizard is part of Gen 1 (do we really need him:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm:) and no longer a gimmick with :pt:
And lets not forget the face of smash who has been jobless for over 10 years.
:4falcon:it's a sad day when the amiibo is the first piece of F-Zero to be released in 10 years.
I shall never give up on my mains no matter what issues :popo::lucas::wolf:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
:4charizard::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4megaman::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4pacman::4rob:
And Charizard is part of Gen 1 (do we really need him:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm:) and no longer a gimmick with :pt:
:4falcon:it's a sad day when the amiibo is the first piece of F-Zero to be released in 10 years.
Kinda pushing it with :4charizard::4fox::4falco: and :4pacman: but your point still stands.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Kinda pushing it with :4charizard::4fox::4falco: and :4pacman: but your point still stands.
Fox and Falco are there simply due to the fact of no games when this smash was released other than a remake.
Charizard is there simply because we have enough Gen 1 as it is, and I would have gladly took Pichu over him in terms of representation.
And (Pacman world) Pacman is there because of........ his world design I guess XD

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Fox and Falco are there simply due to the fact of no games when this smash was released other than a remake.
Charizard is there simply because we have enough Gen 1 as it is, and I would have gladly took Pichu over him in terms of representation.
And (Pacman world) Pacman is there because of........ his world design I guess XD
well command still exists, but i guess it was eight years ago
Charizard also remains to be like, the most popular Pokemon.
and Pac-Man is always relevant just go to any arcade and BAM, there he is.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
well command still exists, but i guess it was eight years ago
Charizard also remains to be like, the most popular Pokemon.
and Pac-Man is always relevant just go to any arcade and BAM, there he is.
Fair play sir.
Any way I think Lucas has instant relevancy with Mother 3 getting a release worldwide.
"That's I believe in him" :')
I miss him so very much.

Shin F.

Smash Master
IMO, being a veteran of the Smash series pretty much means there's never going to be a time when you're not relevant. That alone ensures you'll always have fans and people asking for you back.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
IMO, being a veteran of the Smash series pretty much means there's never going to be a time when you're not relevant. That alone ensures you'll always have fans and people asking for you back.
I'm sure Roy fans know that pain all too well.

Not even being sarcastic, I genuinely sympathise with them.

Rayman!

Smash Cadet
NNID
mambur321
3DS FC
4122-5123-5521
Lucas>Ness

Just because of Lucas's awesome name and hair, im not a fan of baseball caps imo

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We can always thank Sakurai for the raised awareness of MOTHER. Heck, I only became a fan through Smash Bros.

Lucas' return would truly be a treat, but I'm thankful that he even got into SSBB at all.

With that said.. Lucas for DLC. :)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Lucas was my third main during the brawl days, and mother 3 happens to be one of my personal favorites, so I don't see why I wouldn't root for Lucas to come back.:lucas::lucas::lucas:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I really want to see Lucas return to the action. I enjoyed using him in Brawl on occasion. I feel that he, along with Wolf and Snake, is one of the most likely veterans returning via DLC (if there is more of course). Lucas for DLC!

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I really want to see Lucas return to the action. I enjoyed using him in Brawl on occasion. I feel that he, along with Wolf and Snake, is one of the most likely veterans returning via DLC (if there is more of course). Lucas for DLC!
He was my best character in the game in use last 2 years I played it. He's so unloved it's sad. But hey, it's not like he doesn't have his fans. For example: us and this:
My god......

Who ever made this has set me to tears........
My baby brought home once more :')
Next custom is definitely Lucas.
Amazing. Just amazing.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
There's also an Ice Climbers, a Pichu, and a Wolf one. Does anyone have the Wolf one by itself?
Don't forget a Roy one.
And here's the standalone Wolf stain glass artwork. Quas Quas is a pretty cool artist, isn't he? I dig this series.
Oops - Just remembered this is the Lucas thread. Any ideas for a new moveset for Lucas?

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Don't forget a Roy one.
And here's the standalone Wolf stain glass artwork. Quas Quas is a pretty cool artist, isn't he? I dig this series.
Oops - Just remembered this is the Lucas thread. Any ideas for a new moveset for Lucas?
I would be fine if Lucas kept his Brawl moveset, but maybe PK Ground as a new down special? Two rock pillars could emerge from both sides of him and push his opponents into the air.

Also PK Love would be a cool Final Smash but I don't know how that would work.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Just got working on the Lucas custom based on the @ vaanrose vaanrose Render assuming I can use it.
So just a question @ vaanrose vaanrose Can I use this to make a Lucas amiibo similar to the one above ? :D
You use what you want to use. Good luck, I'd just wait for Ness, myself, rather than try to build him off a villager.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
You use what you want to use. Good luck, I'd just wait for Ness, myself, rather than try to build him off a villager.
Villager is easier personally I found I can readjust his pose so that his foot may be up.
But he is straight in the torso instead on hunched over.
Also Thank you good sir for letting me use it :)
I would rather ask permission than willing use it :D
Should take a few weeks to get him done.
Plus as soon as Ness is available I am buying/Pre-ordering three of him
Just for safety.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Is there stained glass for Young Link?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There is a difference between a character no longer being relevant in his own franchise (K. Rool) and a franchise being dormant (Ice Climbers.) I don't understand why people can't grasp that concept.

Pacman and Megaman have both had games in the last 3 years. Dr. Mario had a Wiiware game and Dr. Luigi just came out on the Wii U. Jiggly Puff was used as promotion for the new fairy class... it still appears in every Pokemon game.

Those really aren't good examples.

I don't think relevancy within a franchise is as big of a deal when dealing with Smash veterans, though. Things still look good for Lucas in my opinion.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I re watched some Subspace cutscenes and I realized something, thanks to Sakurai's bonehead move of cutting Lucas, we can't have a :4wario:vs:lucas: match... wow we really need some Lucas DLC, along with some Wolf DLC. Mewtwo alone isn't good enough we need at least Wolf and Lucas (and maybe Ice Climbers if the technical issues are resolved), but those veterans must come back.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I re watched some Subspace cutscenes and I realized something, thanks to Sakurai's bonehead move of cutting Lucas, we can't have a :4wario:vs:lucas: match... wow we really need some Lucas DLC, along with some Wolf DLC. Mewtwo alone isn't good enough we need at least Wolf and Lucas (and maybe Ice Climbers if the technical issues are resolved), but those veterans must come back.
Now the argument is being made that "veterans will feel like withheld content". I do not agree with it, but I'm starting to lose hope again.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I had a long conversation that you were privy to in the 'leak' thread.
But Charizard is not a Gen 1 pokemon.
He was born in gen 1.
Kanto is a playable region in four generations.
And Charizard is a starter you can get in FIVE generations.
The generations are merely when the Pokemon were created in our world.

All the Pokemon in Smash bros, sans Pichu and Greninja, and very arguably Jigglypuff, represent the whole of the entire series, particularly in their relationship to recurring in the anime as main and notable characters with specific personalities. Sakurai has gone on record to assert how necessary this is to character selection for the Pokemon series in SSB.

Pokemon as a series is merely broken up into generations to show what new content comes up every few years to retcon the world that already exists, a replacing generation given birth to. It does not mean the previous one is outdated.
The bottom line is that Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo, have all played prominent and continual/recurring roles in every aspect of Pokemon since their conception. The fact that they were thought/born early is only an element in their favor, nothing to claim an allegiance to an over represented era, because they represent far more.

SUCCESS!!

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Down B becomes Offense Up. It takes time to charge. Once fully charged, you get a 7 second boost to your launching and damage output. But it also increases the power of your smash attacks. If you use a smash attack, you lose it, but it's VERY powerful.

This kind of fits into Lucas's style as he's got some good smash attacks.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I await the glorious return of New Pork City.

I'd actually take any new Mother stage along with Lucas, but I have a soft spot for New Pork City and its wonderful soundtrack options~

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I'd like to see a fresh stage from Mother 3. The game itself has tons of locations that would be great to make a stage out of.
Any ideas for a new moveset for Lucas?
Neutral B - Lifeup/Healing/Refresh, other two as customs
------ some sort of healing move, possibly like Nosferatu.

Side B - Brainshock/Paralysis/Hypnosis, other two as customs
------ Brainshock could daze or literally shock the opponent, Paralysis acts like ZSS' Paralyzer and Hypnosis to put to sleep.

Down B - Counter/PSI Counter/PSI Magnet, other two as customs
------ Counter as a counter, PSI Counter as a reflector and Magnet as an absorber. Maybe instead of the last one or two we can have a stat buff move.

Up B - Bird Cage/Coffee Table/PK Thunder
------ I think we can break the tradition of PSI moves and have him fly up on that bird cage from Mother 3 or on the Saturn coffee table. Failing that, PK Thunder.

If he returns I'd like to see him keep most of his moveset with a change to Bair and possibly Dtilt and Dsmash. Rope Snake as Zair. Maybe trim 10 frames off Usmash startup lag. And 5 from Fsmash.

Top Bottom