• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'd like to see Ninten, but I find Mother 3 worthier of more character representation.
And where in kinda spoiled do you mean? The Porky boss battle?
@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu
Lucas's trophy description. They don't specify that they are talking about MM, but they use his real name instead and anyone who remembers that can draw conclusions easily.

Weird how Lucas's trophy in the newer game long after M3 was released and is unlikely to ever leave Japan officially is less spoilery than the one in Brawl just a couple of years after it came out.

Shaymikyu

Am I the only one that would have a heart attack if that joke at E3 followed through tomorrow with the Mother 3 Worldwide announcement.
And following that, Half Life 3 comes out.

In all seriousness, I'd scream out loud with joy and probably cry if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath on M3 ever seeing official American release, especially with Lucas getting the axe (for now, at least) and Mother 3 content in this SSB basically being non-existent.

Honestly, if there's anything Mother-related I can see happening in light of SSB (and I'm even very much doubting this), it's a remake of M1.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
And following that, Half Life 3 comes out.

In all seriousness, I'd scream out loud with joy and probably cry if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath on M3 ever seeing official American release, especially with Lucas getting the axe (for now, at least) and Mother 3 content in this SSB basically being non-existent.

Honestly, if there's anything Mother-related I can see happening in light of SSB (and I'm even very much doubting this), it's a remake of M1.
It would be the perfect time to announce him and Wolf (what with Star Fox and all) ;)
Oh and New Pork:npc:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm guessing the reason for they just wanted fresh trophy descriptions.
I recall that someone in specific writes the MOTHER trophy descriptions, perhaps he wanted be less on spoilers.

Am I the only one that would have a heart attack if that joke at E3 followed through tomorrow with the Mother 3 Worldwide announcement.
I swear if that happens... I will be an extremely happy dude!

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I'm guessing the reason for they just wanted fresh trophy descriptions.
I recall that someone in specific writes the MOTHER trophy descriptions, perhaps he wanted be less on spoilers.

I swear if that happens... I will be an extremely happy dude!
A writer from the Mother series did the descriptions for all the trophies if I recall- not just Mother.

Also, the description on the King P Statue trophy always makes me chuckle.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

But he's already here.
I know I mentioned it before, but I really hope they give Lucas more colors in his alts this time. I'd always use Claus just ebcause it stood out the most despite preferring Lucas as a character.

That, or at least more game references, like his Commander disguise or a DCMC shirt.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I know I mentioned it before, but I really hope they give Lucas more colors in his alts this time. I'd always use Claus just ebcause it stood out the most despite preferring Lucas as a character.

That, or at least more game references, like his Commander disguise or a DCMC shirt.
I want the Good Kid's Shirt.
You know, the one with the SKULL on it?
That'd be metal as hell and wouldn't suit Lucas at all, it'd be great.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I doubt the alts will go that far.
If Lucas came back, it'll probably be just Claus and random alt. colors.
Maybe even a special Pigmask shirt like the Mr. Saturn shirt Ness has.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I doubt the alts will go that far.
If Lucas came back, it'll probably be just Claus and random alt. colors.
Most likely, but they did seem to try harder with references this time. Ness got a reference to the menu screen of all things, and Lucina's costumes are completely references to other characters.

At the very least, I think a Kumatora color scheme isn't that out there.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Like I said in my edited post, they could have a special pigmask shirt.
There could be a Negative Man shirt for the heck of it, it's hard to predict exactly what the Smash team will offer.

Last edited:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'd like to see Ninten, but I find Mother 3 worthier of more character representation.
And where in kinda spoiled do you mean? The Porky boss battle?
@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu
By spoilers, I mean that the Masked Man is a villain kept towards the near end of the game, and has a major role involving the ending. He is basically the only character to have this situation. For those that say Lucina is another character with spoilers, yeah, she has spoilers, but she is seen almost everywhere in the game after her introduction in the near beginning.

I do believe Nintendo tries to avoid spoilers for characters, with some trophies being exceptions. :drohyou:

Shaymikyu

By spoilers, I mean that the Masked Man is a villain kept towards the near end of the game, and has a major role involving the ending. He is basically the only character to have this situation. For those that say Lucina is another character with spoilers, yeah, she has spoilers, but she is seen almost everywhere in the game after her introduction in the near beginning.

I do believe Nintendo tries to avoid spoilers for characters, with some trophies being exceptions. :drohyou:
Lucina's true nature isn't revealed until halfway through the game. Her name is a huge spoiler- up until that point, she's "Marth."

I'm not disagreeing with MM being a huge spoiler, mind you, since his identity is revealed at the very end, but SSB has never been that spoiler-sensitive.

Another example- :sheikmelee: in Melee.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
So hey I recently started playing Mother 3 and now I'm mourning Lucas's absence. Count me in as a supporter.

flyingmangos

Smash Rookie
I'm holding out for a hero. And that hero is Lucas.
But really, I miss the guy and he's at the absolute top of my DLC hopefuls. I feel like his chances are pretty good since I don't see it being *too* difficult to bring him back over, so here's hoping!

Speculator

Smash Ace
So it looks like we're getting Pollyanna and Bein' Friends from Melee, Snowman, Love Theme and Porky's Theme from Brawl, Magicant and Smiles & Tears from 3DS and finally the actual Onett theme... mixed with Winters? I can't imagine those two going terribly well together but I'm sure they will surprise me. I'll be disappointed if we don't at least get Unfounded Revenge as an unlockable song.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I hate to be the bringer of (possible) bad news, but check this video at around 0:50 mark:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, the more I think about it, the less likely it seems for Mother 3 to get its own stage. :(
Mother 3 deserves more content than what it's getting right now in this installment.

Shaymikyu

A Mother 3 Love Theme without Lucas?
The theme and Lucas are suppose to go together, like peanut butter and bread.
Indeed, it's basically his theme as well.

No Unfounded Revenge makes me sad, but maybe it's a CD. At least they gave Mother 3 songs, as opposed to the 3DS version which tried to pretend there were only two Mothers.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
This does make New Pork City extremely unlikely as DLC, and this irritates and frustrates me for a good number of reasons.

- This is not in favor of Lucas' potential return as DLC at all, if anything this is a strike against it. It seemed as they were saving New Pork City for a potential DLC bundle with Lucas. But after this, that's no longer the case.
- This means Onett will be the only Mother stage in the whole game, no Magicant HD or New Pork City.
- Say what you want about NPC, but it would've been a great stage for 8 Player Smash. Not bringing it back is just a missed opportunity.

Lucas is not pleased.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This does make New Pork City extremely unlikely as DLC, and this irritates and frustrates me for a good number of reasons.

- This is not in favor of Lucas' potential return as DLC at all, if anything this is a strike against it. It seemed as they were saving New Pork City for a potential DLC bundle with Lucas. But after this, that's no longer the case.
- This means Onett will be the only Mother stage in the whole game, no Magicant HD or New Pork City.
- Say what you want about NPC, but it would've been a great stage for 8 Player Smash. Not bringing it back is just a missed opportunity.

Lucas is not pleased.

i seriously doubt it would affect lucas's chances that much

Shaymikyu

They could make a new Mother 3 stage, like Osohe Castle or Tazmily Village. I'm a bit worried since Mother 3 Love Theme is at Onett, which is the theme for Lucas's game, but if they can have two versions of Together We Ride, they could easily make a second remix.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I really do wish Lucas would return... I never player him that much, but I love the MOTHER series, and I'd love nothing more than to have my brother's main back.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
i seriously doubt it would affect lucas's chances that much
What would Lucas' home stage be then, if New Pork City is out of the picture? Sure, he can share Onett with Ness... but that'd feel very odd.

I suppose he also could get a new stage all together, would love for that to happen!

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

At this point I pray for Fourside or a Mother 3 stage :'(
I miss my main dearly :'(
~
Was it ever stated that all playable characters get a stage, or just all series with playable characters? I don't see FE getting four stages, or even Pokémon getting six.

Even without NPC, though, there are other choices for M3 stages:
Saturn Valley (which doubles as M2)
Tanetane Island
Titiboo Theater
the actual main building in NPC (Empire Porky Building, I think it was called?)
Tazmily Village
Osohe Castle
Chimera Lab
NPC Sewers
Final Needle cave

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What would Lucas' home stage be then, if New Pork City is out of the picture? Sure, he can share Onett with Ness... but that'd feel very odd.

I suppose he also could get a new stage all together, would love for that to happen!
who says he needs a home stage, didnt do ness and falcon any harm in the orginal or marth and roy in melee or r.o.b in brawl or WFT r.o.b and DHD in 3ds

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I'd love Saturn Valley as a stage along with Lucas.

Unfortunately, all the NPC music on Onett pretty much kills its chances. Oh well - at least we'll still get Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise somewhere.

Top Bottom