• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
GG's Mekos, was gonna leave myself after I picked Lucas one more time. Didn't get to, sadface.

Our Lucas's seemed very... similar. It was kinda odd LOL

So many clanks, PK Fire's, magnet kills, and... whatever else we did similar.

Last edited:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
You go for more grabs than me and other than a few things I would agree. No glitches or anything found yet so it's just going to come down to decision making and execution for lucas players.

I just started using him. Maybe some stuff will be found in the future.

I'm going to focus on learning matchups and any new techniques.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
You go for more grabs than me and other than a few things I would agree. No glitches or anything found yet so it's just going to come down to decision making and execution for lucas players.

I just started using him. Maybe some stuff will be found in the future.

I'm going to focus on learning matchups and any new techniques.
Anything you'd like help with?

Also, I've found something pretty big for our Sheik matchup I believe... may be interested but further testing may be required.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Dude, anything you find just let me know. I'm going to be uploading high level competitive matches to my channel as well. I don't really see much of that on YouTube for Lucas.

I'm still cool with smashers in the competitive scene. So I'll be able to learn matchups that way.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Dude, anything you find just let me know. I'm going to be uploading high level competitive matches to my channel as well. I don't really see much of that on YouTube for Lucas.

I'm still cool with smashers in the competitive scene. So I'll be able to learn matchups that way.
Sounds good, I'd love to do the same, just gotta attend more tourneys if/when I get the money to do so.

I'm always down for some matches/discussion if you wanna play.

Sorry that I started screwing around the last few matches, was kinda sandbagging because I was getting dizzy. Been sick recently lol. Was giving it my all around the center of our matches though, kept trading games. I wanna see you ranked in the top Lucas players again, and I hope to be there with you ;).

As for the Sheik thing, it takes a little explaining, if you got free time we should call and talk about that matchup, there's an easy way to gimp her if you do it right involving PK Thunder, not entirely sure if it works 100% of the time, but it can definitely change the outcome of a match.

Last edited:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Sounds good, I'd love to do the same, just gotta attend more tourneys if/when I get the money to do so.

I'm always down for some matches/discussion if you wanna play.

Sorry that I started screwing around the last few matches, was kinda sandbagging because I was getting dizzy. Been sick recently lol. Was giving it my all around the center of our matches though, kept trading games. I wanna see you ranked in the top Lucas players again, and I hope to be there with you ;).

As for the Sheik thing, it takes a little explaining, if you got free time we should call and talk about that matchup, there's an easy way to gimp her if you do it right involving PK Thunder, not entirely sure if it works 100% of the time, but it can definitely change the outcome of a match.
Oops read that wrong.

Aight sounds good. Is it stage spiking sheik with pk thunder? I did that to Anti and a couple of other sheiks before.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Oops read that wrong.

Aight sounds good. Is it stage spiking sheik with pk thunder? I did that to Anti and a couple of other sheiks before.
Kinda? Like at the one frame she just gets sent straight down and it's weird.

Not sure how consistent it is, and bro when I was neck and neck with you in Lucas dittos back in brawl it made me happy lol.

Too bad I couldnt do anything offline, but I can now a little bit. If you play against some people on Wi-Fi that are really good, could you direct them towards me so I can get some matchup experience too? Hoping we can advance and push the meta for Lucas, I'll help in whatever way.

EDIT: Currently editting the best matches we had, will upload them so people can get an idea of Lucas if they haven't already. Felt like some of our matches were pretty top notch in some instances.

Last edited:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ah ok.

I don't remember that lol. But online dittos are just for fun anyways. I've never lost a serious lucas ditto in SSBB. Closest person who came close to beating me was Fow. And yea ssbb online is waaay different than offline. At least smash 4 online is closer to smash 4 offline.

I was pro in brawl and became friends with a lot of the other pros. I play with smash 4 pros online everyday. So I'll be uploading some of those matches. If you ever see me online, just ask if you can join for a rotation. I'll let you know.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ah ok.

I don't remember that lol. But online dittos are just for fun anyways. I've never lost a serious lucas ditto in SSBB. Closest person who came close to beating me was Fow.

I was pro in brawl and became friends with a lot of the other pros. I play with smash 4 pros online everyday. So I'll be uploading some of those matches. If you ever see me online, just ask if you can join for a rotation. I'll let you know.
I never actually beat you the matches we played, but some were last stock, 120 % or so. If it rings a bell, when you played FAE I was that other Lucas who joined in for rotations. (Maybe it'll ring a bell).

And sounds good bro, I'd really appreciate that. I look forward to it. :)

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Haha no, I remember. Many years ago. I just remember everyone having fun doing Dragon Ball Z battles of stage and stuff.
Oh good lord, remember the super saiyan Lucas skin LOL

Personally I prefered the maid Lucas skin, is Brawl your favorite game? Brawl Lucas has made that game probably remain my favorite... and people frown at me when I saw that lol

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ah I guess. Lucas is def better in brawl. I mean we lost our glitches and our nair isn't even safe on shield at all anymore. Lucas also lost some of his quickness.

Kinda sucks that other low and mid tiers got buffed but lucas got nerfed. The last patch helped us out. Hopefully the next patches will as well. We gotta have hope haha.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ah I guess. Lucas is def better in brawl. I mean we lost our glitches and our nair isn't even safe on shield at all anymore. Lucas also lost some of his quickness.

Kinda sucks that other low and mid tiers got buffed but lucas got nerfed. The last patch helped us out. Hopefully the next patches will as well. We gotta have hope haha.
Stay strong for Mother...
I'd like a nair damage buff, or like .5 seconds end lag shaved off PKT1.

Also be nice if dair connected better, dtilt jab locked better.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
All this convo makes me want to Battle Somebody here lolz
Anyone Up for some games?

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Alot could use some help haha. I'm going to talk about a few of them, in the video I upload.

Go for it Neko!
Yeah I'll Maybe do it in the weekend
There is also this but i havent found any uses for it i guess

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah I'll Maybe do it in the weekend
There is also this but i havent found any uses for it i guess
Yeah, generally if you do full hops its for ledgeguarding, and I usually wavebounce that anyways so I wouldn't really make that something to practice. I'd focus on other things personally.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Yeah, generally if you do full hops its for ledgeguarding, and I usually wavebounce that anyways so I wouldn't really make that something to practice. I'd focus on other things personally.
Yeah i agree.
Maybe for Jiggs but That is all really

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
So, uh... my old Lucas combo video, I had an HD and Standard Definition video uploaded on my old channel a LONG time ago...

Apparently the one I had unlisted was the HD one, so people couldn't see that but they could see the worse one. I downloaded the HD one, made it fullscreen, added new music, better video format, and re-uploaded it...

It's Brawl Lucas with quite a bit of tech. Hope you guys still like this sort of thing..

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'm trying to make my YouTube banner Blueberry! Where do I find that pick of Lucas and Ness in your profile picture!? U know I love it!
I'll send it to you, let me upload it.

I could show you my entire Lucas folder if you wanted lol.

BasedGamerAce

Smash Cadet
NNID
BasedGamerAce
I was looking through YouTube today and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLOJttvkNLk

Basically this is a video of a Toon Link player (Zan) showing of Zair edge cancels with that character. After seeing this, I tried it out with Lucas, and it worked (I'm assuming it just works with all characters with a zair)! After some labbing with this, I made a video on it, which shows some applications of this. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUcEsDLEaU

If you guys want me to make a separate thread on this, I guess I could do that. But I just felt that this was a good place to put it for now.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I was looking through YouTube today and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLOJttvkNLk

Basically this is a video of a Toon Link player (Zan) showing of Zair edge cancels with that character. After seeing this, I tried it out with Lucas, and it worked (I'm assuming it just works with all characters with a zair)! After some labbing with this, I made a video on it, which shows some applications of this. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSUcEsDLEaU

If you guys want me to make a separate thread on this, I guess I could do that. But I just felt that this was a good place to put it for now.
Good stuff bro

Top Bottom