• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I couldn't resist, i just had to recreate it.

Might not be many people's favorite stage, but i honestly think it deserved to return way more than 75m. And it's Lucas's homestage, that alone makes it awesome.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Really hope Lucas gets in, but we already have his moves on Ness's customs and we got his shirt as Ness's alternate
god damn Sakurai.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Mainly up b, I hate it, I'm just so bad at actually performing it successfully
You have troubles with doing Ness's PK thunder too? I have the same thing, when I try and make the thunder turn around to hit me, sometimes I do a misfire with my fingers, I press too hard in a different direction, and that's just the end of the game for me, not to mention Ness is horrible in lag with his recovery.

Well if his standard specials are already in, shouldn't it be easier to finish him up?
I still cant believe the color of his shorts shoes, and for a hat, a bland white yellow cap are in for Ness's alternate, I guess his shirt is just in...

Last edited:

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Really hope Lucas gets in, but we already have his moves on Ness's customs and we got his shirt as Ness's alternate
god damn Sakurai.
Special moves only go so far in determining the uniqueness of a character. What truly sets them apart is normal moves: they have nothing in common there, except for f-smash and that would be stretching it. Besides, customs cannot be used on For Fun or For Glory, so their specials would be different on there as well.

And I don't see his shirt on one of Ness's alts being that big of an issue either.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You have troubles with doing Ness's PK thunder too? I have the same thing, when I try and make the thunder turn around to hit me, sometimes I do a misfire with my fingers, I press too hard in a different direction, and that's just the end of the game for me, not to mention Ness is horrible in lag with his recovery.

I still cant believe the color of his shorts shoes, and for a hat, a bland white yellow cap are in for Ness's alternate, I guess his shirt is just in...
Sakurai stated in a recent interview that he wouldn't reduce a character of old in to an alt. Thus we got Dr Mario back:drmario::4drmario:
So the Lucas like alt. and the Wolf like alt. Mean nothing against Wolf and Lucas returning. It also means Dark pit shall forever be a character and not an alt :3

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Sakurai stated in a recent interview that he wouldn't reduce a character of old in to an alt. Thus we got Dr Mario back:drmario::4drmario:
So the Lucas like alt. and the Wolf like alt. Mean nothing against Wolf and Lucas returning. It also means Dark pit shall forever be a character and not an alt :3
Wait, he did say that? When?

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
They really should've putted Dark Pit as a alt, but with the same options, so it would've been the first character difference in a alternate costume, but would keep the voice, etc, but I don't really like Mexican Pit at all though, never really liked him in uprising.

I made a joke about him being in smash,
"Dark pit looks Mexican!
Welp, I guess even Mexicans can cross the boarders into smash :troll:"

but im not hating on users who use him, or calling him bad, im just saying I never liked him.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Well if his standard specials are already in, shouldn't it be easier to finish him up?
Not exactly, the way that Ness' customs that are based on Lucas' specials work differently from the way Lucas had it. PK Freeze is a pretty noticeable example, the two moves are only similar in name. The way they function are pretty different.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Keep the visuals, thats already done at least. They are pretty different, they only do similarities in terms of how they function or what they do.

PK Fire is way different, PK Thunder feels slow to me, and PK Freeze.... lol slowx10

Also, here's my reasons I believe Lucas will be back (copy paste from my facebook group)

Reasons I think Lucas may return with a Mother reboot... (There was a leak that a gameinformer will have something Mother related in February, if not oh well. We also got the E3 tease.) Point is, this could be WHY Lucas is being leaked so early, because he would be up next to the plate imo.

MAKE SURE YOU READ POKEYS TROPHY DESCRIPTION, HIT READ MORE!!

Lucas trophy description
-Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring, or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No ... It's too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness will be young forever.

Pokey trophy description
-Porky was just a chubby, selfish little boy in EarthBound. When he next appeared, in Mother 3, look what he'd become! We might need another two games just to explain how this occurred. Oh, Porky, what in Eagleland (or beyond?) happened to change you so?

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm sure it's to honor Lucas' fans that he's not forgotten. Not to taunt them.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
You know it kinda sucks that Smash 4 hype was killed a bit for me.

The 5 people I wanted to main were...

1. Lucas
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wolf
4. Ness
5. Snake

Needless to say, Sakurai rekt me guys...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That order is nearly identical to me
Just in this order.
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Captain Falcon
Ness
Fox and or Falco
That sucks... I really miss both Wolf and Lucas. At least Ness is awesome this time around......

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Fans: *Lucas becomes one of most popular characters*
Sakurai: Lolno. *Cut*
--
Seriously, support. Needs to be DLC.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
You know it kinda sucks that Smash 4 hype was killed a bit for me.

The 5 people I wanted to main were...

1. Lucas
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wolf
4. Ness
5. Snake

Needless to say, Sakurai rekt me guys...
I've lost :lucas::popo::mewtwomelee::roymelee::pichumelee: throughout the series.

But at least Sakurai heard my cries and gave me my Mewtwo for DLC, let's hope he does the same for the rest of the crew.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
So if that direct tomorrow had Lucas in it, what would you guys do?

If it had ANYTHING Mother related, I'd flip... I just want mah main back.

Top Bottom