• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pk flame out!! (possibly something new)

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
well, I knew about it for a while, but i never actually tested it till now. But this works on wolf's laser. pk fire can overtake it. I had my sister use the laser, then i fired pk fire. the lazer dissapeared, and the pk fire blasted him. there's even a sound it makes when the projectiles collide. I think this could be very useful against wolf.

However, it seems to only work with pk fire. I tried with ness, but it din't work with the regular fire. Probly because ness's travels along the surface of the ground. i figure the projectile had to hit it dead on. it worked when I used ness' from the air. it pierced through it, then hit the ground. maybe if ness was on a platform, his bolt may do a flame out.

also, I tried this with shiek's needles, pk freeze,flash,and thunder, but they all pass right through it. not hit it and overtake it, just pass through. almost as if the moves are intangible. it's really weird.

Levitas

the moon
It's because you're testing the bolt against Laser projectiles--projectiles that only hit a hurtbox (something that can get hit).

PK fire spawns a hurtbox and a hitbox, and when either hit something, it ignites (unless the hurtbox is hit by a few kinds of moves ie ice)

Link's bombs are like this, too.

And yes, shiek's needles are lasers.

Top Bottom