• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PJ64k Error Msg...Any input appreciated

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, quick question...whenever I open PJ64k I get the error message "Input plugin failed to initialize". When I load a rom, I get the same msg and the game starts fine, but of course my controller doesn't work. However, my pc used to run PJ64k just fine, unconditionally. Now, a couple things...this happens whether or not I have the usb to n64 adapter plugged in (I have 2, tried both plugged in and not plugged in). BUUUUUUT, the strange thing is, when i disable my wireless card, plug in an ethernet cord into the router, and restart my pc, I do NOT get this error msg anymore...(it only stops giving me the error once i restart). I'm not great with computers so this is beyond me.....It kinda sounds like its something internal though, or maybe some type of driver conflict blah blah blah. I can give computer specs if necessary. Thanks in advance for your knowledge guys.

-ECartman

StealthECartman

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help, A$. I forgot to state in the original post that I did try to switch input plugins, to no avail. When I try switching to n-rage8 I get the following: "N-Rage Plugin error! Could not create DirectInput object. This plugin needs Directx8.0 to work!"

dandan

Smash Lord
tried installing new directx?
what os are you running, if you are running xp try installing 9c and if you are running vista/7 try installing 11.

Top Bottom