• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
It's his blue palette.
One key thing to look at is the patch on his hand, the hems at the end of his tunic, and the shoes all being blue as opposed to red (patch and hems) or brown (shoes) on his default.
His wings and tunic itself also have a tint of blue, though it's harder to tell because of the Nosferatu.
I have to question why Sakurai would even use the Blue swap to begin with if not to poke at us.

domokl

Smash Lord
I have to question why Sakurai would even use the Blue swap to begin with if not to poke at us.
it did seem like he was poking at us. perfect plan. use the blue swap to make the sandals look like dark pits then use robins dark magic to make his tunic look like dark pits.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
it did seem like he was poking at us. perfect plan. use the blue swap to make the sandals look like dark pits then use robins dark magic to make his tunic look like dark pits.
Do we know if Sakurai has done anything like this before? I can't recall him using swaps in previous PotD that did not directly acknowledge the swap. Definitely seems like a tease or a poke.

D

Deleted member

I think that's pushing it.
He's been putting up more palettes at random now such as that pic with Palutena's Heavenly Light special and her Up Smash using Diddy Kong's white hat/yellow shirt palette.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
Good point. I hadn't noticed any other prior, but that pic is fairly recent so who knows.

D

Deleted member

Well, in terms of returning palettes.
When you factor in the newer palettes such as Light Suit Samus, NES Golf Open Tournament Mario, Skyward Sword pre-adventure Link, though....

Oh, and white Rosalina, a palette for a newcomer.
EDIT: And the green Male WFT in the second pic on the Lucina clarification, the multiple Villagers, World Circuit (if I remember correctly) palette Mac with the Hoodie Mac update, etc.

EDIT: In fact, palettes started to show up more after that one PotD that explained about mirrored characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
3 facts:

- Darkpit appeared in the end of the Palutenatrailer
- He wasn't playable in the E3 Demo ( I believe an orange toga replaced the black custom )
- In Brawl, Darkpit was playable. Why shouldn't he playable in SSB4 too?

What I hope:

- He will get his own moveset with his own weapon and powers
- big differences to Pit
- He will not be an assist trophy, he should stay a playable character

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think, if Dark Pit is in, he'll be a more aerial based and up close Pit with dark aura effects on his attacks.
Definitely a clone, though.

He has enough to differentiate but I doubt Sakurai will take that route.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
3 facts:

- Darkpit appeared in the end of the Palutenatrailer
- He wasn't playable in the E3 Demo ( I believe an orange toga replaced the black custom )
- In Brawl, Darkpit was playable. Why shouldn't he playable in SSB4 too?

What I hope:

- He will get his own moveset with his own weapon and powers
- big differences to Pit
- He will not be an assist trophy, he should stay a playable character
Facts you're missing:

- Every character was missing tons of costumes and recolors.
- Several characters got costume announcements shortly after E3.

Morbi

Scavenger
Facts you're missing:

- Every character was missing tons of costumes and recolors.
- Several characters got costume announcements shortly after E3.
Facts you're missing:

- Not every character has the potential for one of their prior palette swaps to be a playable character; in fact, Dark Pit is one of the most ideal character to actualize this notion.
- Several characters got costume announcements shortly after E3; however, one of the costumes that was alluded to, Dark Pit, was not among them.

Circular arguments... and around we go! :troll:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
acts you're missing:

- Not every character has the potential for one of their prior palette swaps to be a playable character; in fact, Dark Pit is one of the most ideal character to actualize this notion.
- Several characters got costume announcements shortly after E3; however, one of the costumes that was alluded to, Dark Pit, was not among them.

Circular arguments... and around we go!
Plus Pit did get an orange costume. The dark costume was replaced. ^^

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Plus Pit did get an orange costume. The dark costume was replaced. ^^
You totally overlooked my entire point, didn't you? The Dark Pit costume wasn't replaced, it just wasn't in the demo. The demo means nothing. Every character had four costumes in the demo, period. Even though we know for a fact there are numerous other available costumes as well.

Facts you're missing:

Circular arguments... and around we go! :troll:
I never said Dark Pit couldn't get in as a separate character. All I said is the Dark Pit costume being missing in the demo meant NOTHING for Dark Pit's chances as a separate character.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
And what is about the new orange costume??? o.o One of the colors have to be replaced and the dark costume is the most probably of them.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
And what is about the new orange costume??? o.o
What's the big deal about Pit getting a new palette swap? Characters get new palette swaps in addition to their old ones every game. Pit getting a new one is in no way surprising, nor does it have any relevance to Dark Pit's chances.

Also, as a side note, I don't think Dark Link was in the demo, either.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCcZXWZUK6I&feature=player_detailpage#t=535

I think Sakurai knows that a lot of gamers wonder about that. Even GameXplain noticed that and who knows who else. =I I believe Sakurai will not simply let pass this. After all he developed Kid Icarus Uprising.
You know, he could just be teasing Dark Pit as a special alternate costume, or that he may have some sort of role in the game. If anything, though, the fact that Dark Pit was not confirmed then and there would suggest that that role will not be a playable one.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Why hype us for a Dark Pit alt., why have the budget to tease just a costume in a scene?
Sakurai knows not much people will get the excitement and people will praise Sakurai that the Dark Pit bandwagon is over anyways.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Its possible. I think we should wait. Its a critical point and there are PRO and CONTRA arguments. But at last Sakurai will decide what he'll do. I think you can argue about it forever. =I

D

Deleted member

.....What orange costume?
The E3/Best Buy demos have 4 palettes per character (including default).

Pit was shown with his red, green, and yellow/gold palettes from Brawl intact. Then we saw his blue palette on Monday.
There is no orange palette.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
.....What orange costume?
The E3/Best Buy demos have 4 palettes per character (including default).

Pit was shown with his red, green, and yellow/gold palettes from Brawl intact. Then we saw his blue palette on Monday.
There is no orange palette.

You can see it in the video which I posted before in 9:21 min. ^^ The gamer changes from red to orange.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Oh okay. I'm sorry. Then I would like to know which color will get Pit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Perhaps Pit's black palette can be altered to resemble the Dark Link palette more with shadow skin, white/silver hair, and solid red eyes?

As nod to the Shadow Pit enemies created by the Chaos Kin?

Or would people really be dumb enough to not be able to tell Dark Pit and Pit with Shadow Pit palette apart?

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
The same costume like dark Link would be terrible. o.o

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm. I was under the impression that the SDCC build was the same exact build as the E3/Best Buy build. As in, characters only had the 4 palettes.

If this image is true (a clearer image would be better, though), then Dark Pit would be undoubtedly disconfirmed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hmm. I was under the impression that the SDCC build was the same exact build as the E3/Best Buy build. As in, characters only had the 4 palettes.

If this image is true (a clearer image would be better, though), then Dark Pit would be undoubtedly disconfirmed.
Its supposed to be identical to E3.

D

Deleted member

Which is why that image confuses me.
There was no Dark Pit palette at E3.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Which is why that image confuses me.
There was no Dark Pit palette at E3.
Actually, its entirely possible that's the "dev" build. Even at E3 there was a build behind closed doors that more characters, and likely more skins, too. Odds are quite probably that Pit's dark recolor, or even just plain Dark Pit is available in that build.

Do we know for sure that's Dark Pit? I can't tell from the screenshot, I thought Dark Pit had black hair.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do we know for sure that's Dark Pit? I can't tell from the screenshot, I thought Dark Pit had black hair.
It's kind of hard to tell. It doesn't look like it's totally black, but at the same time it looks like it's darker than Pit's usual brown hair.

D

Deleted member

Actually, its entirely possible that's the "dev" build. Even at E3 there was a build behind closed doors that more characters, and likely more skins, too. Odds are quite probably that Pit's dark recolor, or even just plain Dark Pit is available in that build.

It looks like Pit has black hair in the image (though it could be the lighting), but at the very least, it's darker than any of the other palettes.

Although, I noticed that Pit didn't have red eyes in the palette, which I forgot Dark Pit had (I briefly thought he has purple eyes, which the palette looked like it had).
Looking at it again, it looks as though the scarf is a shade of red as opposed to Dark Pit's grey and "Fallen Angel" Pit's black.
It might be Pit's red or green palette under strange lighting.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think its just the lighting, not that it helps Dark Pit for being a separate character at all.

D

Deleted member

It neither helps nor hurts him if it's just one of Pit's known palettes under strange lighting.

The only thing that would help is if Pit is shown to not have a Dark Pit palette, which we will not know at SDCC due to having only the four palettes from E3.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93177269911/this-is-a-screenshot-of-the-direct-its-zero

Boss confirmed for Palutena's Temple. Dark Pit is the most likely scenario when you compare his tease to Yellow Devils.

Its interesting. But what are the commonalities between the Darkpit and Yellow Devil tease?

Sakurai explained a little bit about the Yellow Devil but in the End of the Palutenatrailer we don't know about Darkpit nothing.

Yellow Devil tease:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb35vh33Mb8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom