• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would appreciate people not bump my thread because of the Palutena images.
If those pictures are legit, then yes, it would essentially diminish any chance of Dark Pit as a separate character.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I can easily see this as an alternate costume for Pit.
...NO!
you people are just plain uncreative!
with all the weapon choices in Uprising, Dark Pit could easily have a moveset of his own that's more Semi-Clonish than pure clonish.
Up-B: Pandora's flight. twice as long as Pit's with more precise control
Side-B: Dark Pit Staff. fires a standing charge shot from his staff. can be aimed. OR: V. Maximum Overdrive Attack. the charging move he uses against Pit in the Chapter 6 boss fight.
Down-B: Gemini Orbitars. fires two Gemini Orbitar shots on either side, which then arc upwards until the meet and cancel. reflectable, can be absorbed by PSI Magnet. OR: Pittoo's Falcon Kick. basically Ganondorf's Falcon Kick rip-off except faster and a little less darkness effect.
Neutral-B: the ONLY clone move. fires his bow, exactly like Pit.
the rest of his moveset is more agressive, constisting of Kicks and Bow-strikes. DP is known for being a little kick-happy in Uprising. (He kicks Pit, he Kicks a boss and kills it, and I think there's another time he kicks, but I'm sure he does it a lot off-screen)
his down tilt is a circular kick.

See? not a clone. hardly even Semi-clonish and it fits him perfectly just based on Pit's moveset itself.
Pit's new Down-B is the Guardian Orbitars, which basically replace his Mirror Shield from Brawl, and protects him on all sides. either his Dash attack or Side B is now the Upperdash Arm, using it's powerful melee dash attack.

Maikou

Smash Ace
As much as I support DP, what weapons FIT HIM.
Excuse me? the Dark Pit staff fits him perfectly, the Gemini Orbitars ARE FOUND IN HIS LEVEL, and fit his theme, the Ninja Palm is a weapon that also suits his dark nature, there's also the Samurai Blade, and Magnus Club, (both of which have him as the wielder in their Idols) his signature Silver Bow, and his First Blade from the air battle, oh, and the Standard Orbitars, Violet Palm, Ogre Club, and EZ cannon are all weapons he uses in his chapter....pretty sure there's more. need I go on?

oh, and the Pandora Claws also suit him.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Personally, while I enjoyed Dark Pit in uprising, I think an alternate costume would suffice.

And also... are Pit and Dark Pit married or something? Seriously, whats with the title?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
My main problem with Dark Pit is in Smash brothers color swaps kinda are the alt costumes. His model just isn't different enough from Pit.

Unless he's wearing the three sacred treasures, or the great secret treasure, in which case he'd be insanely different.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Personally, while I enjoyed Dark Pit in uprising, I think an alternate costume would suffice.

And also... are Pit and Dark Pit married or something? Seriously, whats with the title?
My main problem with Dark Pit is in Smash brothers color swaps kinda are the alt costumes. His model just isn't different enough from Pit.

Unless he's wearing the three sacred treasures, or the great secret treasure, in which case he'd be insanely different.
UGH! NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!! NO! JUST NO! YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET IT AT ALL!
No, his model isn't all that different, but it's still different. for one thing DP has a rougher hairstyle, while it might not exactly be apparent at first, plus his stance is different. all in all, that only means it's easier to make him. all they need is a few edits of Pit's model and bam. done. AND DARK PIT IS NOT A FREAKING COLOR SWAP WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO PROVE IT TO YOU! Dark Pit isn't like Dark Samus or Dark Link AT ALL. he has his own character and isn't some mindless serial killing shadow. he's straight up the true dark side of Pit, his true inner thoughts brought out in FULL. that's why they're different characters anyway, because the actual Pit isn't like that. Dark Pit is quite literally the true original Pit as a completely different person from who we know.

and he has different weapons! seriously people do the dang research! look up Dark Pit and Pit seperatly on Divinipedia! look up Chapter 6 of Uprising! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT TEH ANGELS AS DIFFERENT POEPLE LIKE THEY ARE INSTEAD OF HUMANvSHADOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.!

and no, they aren't married how could you come up with a stupid idea like that that is bullcrap and unrealistic they aren't lovers and they are STRAIGHT. STRAIGHT THIRTEEN YEAR OLDS. I HATE THE FANDOM. IT LITERALLY JUST MEANS DARK PIT IS PIT'S BETTER HALF.

GOT IT?!!?!?!?!

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
UGH! NONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!! NO! JUST NO! YOU PEOPLE DON'T GET IT AT ALL!
No, his model isn't all that different, but it's still different. for one thing DP has a rougher hairstyle, while it might not exactly be apparent at first, plus his stance is different. all in all, that only means it's easier to make him. all they need is a few edits of Pit's model and bam. done. AND DARK PIT IS NOT A FREAKING COLOR SWAP WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO PROVE IT TO YOU! Dark Pit isn't like Dark Samus or Dark Link AT ALL. he has his own character and isn't some mindless serial killing shadow. he's straight up the true dark side of Pit, his true inner thoughts brought out in FULL. that's why they're different characters anyway, because the actual Pit isn't like that. Dark Pit is quite literally the true original Pit as a completely different person from who we know.

and he has different weapons! seriously people do the dang research! look up Dark Pit and Pit seperatly on Divinipedia! look up Chapter 6 of Uprising! LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT TEH ANGELS AS DIFFERENT POEPLE LIKE THEY ARE INSTEAD OF HUMANvSHADOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.!

and no, they aren't married how could you come up with a stupid idea like that that is bullcrap and unrealistic they aren't lovers and they are STRAIGHT. STRAIGHT THIRTEEN YEAR OLDS. I HATE THE FANDOM. IT LITERALLY JUST MEANS DARK PIT IS PIT'S BETTER HALF.

GOT IT?!!?!?!?!
Whoa there, calm down.

I wasn't implying that Dark Pit was simply a palette swap of Pit and nothing more. All I was saying is that in Smash Bros, the most representation that I personally feel he deserves is a palette swap.
Dark Pit is a lot different than Pit, but that is not what concerns me - the reason I don't want him in is because I feel like there are many more deserving characters. Similarly to how Dark Samus is pretty distinct from Samus, but is only represented as a palette swap because she didn't deserve a spot as a playable character at the time. There's a huge difference between what I am saying and what you think I'm saying.

Also, you seem to think I was somehow implying that I think they should be married, or that I like the notion of them as a couple - which frankly is not what I was trying to say. At all.
All I was doing was pointing out the strange turn of phrase you used when titling this thread! But please, do tell: how is Dark Pit 'literally Pit's better half'? Do you know what the phrase 'better half' means? I struggle to find a way that the title shouldn't be interpreted as a spousal relationship.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The title is a pun at the fact they are "two halves of the same coin".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like he should be a palette swap, like in Brawl. It seems, to me at least, that having him playable would be like having Daisy from the Mario games playable. Sure, he could be able to use the weapons from Kid Icarus Uprising, but so can Pit, and so could other characters from the Kid Icarus franchise.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Whoa there, calm down.

I wasn't implying that Dark Pit was simply a palette swap of Pit and nothing more. All I was saying is that in Smash Bros, the most representation that I personally feel he deserves is a palette swap.
Dark Pit is a lot different than Pit, but that is not what concerns me - the reason I don't want him in is because I feel like there are many more deserving characters. Similarly to how Dark Samus is pretty distinct from Samus, but is only represented as a palette swap because she didn't deserve a spot as a playable character at the time. There's a huge different between what I am saying and what you think I'm saying.

Also, you seem to think I was somehow implying that I think they should be married, or that I like the notion of them as a couple - which frankly is not what I was trying to say. At all.
All I was doing was pointing out the strange turn of phrase you used when titling this thread! But please, do tell: how is Dark Pit 'literally Pit's better half'? Do you know what the phrase 'better half' means? I struggle to find a way that the title shouldn't be interpreted as a spousal relationship.
I wasn't even aware such a phrase existed. I'm only 14, and I'm an anti-perv. I don't exactly look for phrases in every little detail of something. I think I need to rephrase that. I meant, "literally the better half of Pit's personality" that's it. just that, no hidden messages, or anything of the sort. two halves of a coin, or Yin-Yang, etc.

I think that if a Kid Icarus character besides Pit gets in, I think it should be Dark Pit, because he'd add to the Anti-Hero/Villain roster, and Smash needs more villain-type characters. I should also mention I'm a casual Smash player who tends to play the game the way the developers intended. I don't use "Wavedashing" or have a single clue what the heck L-Canceling is. I'm also a fanfiction writer who sticks to canon, and I hate Yaoi and Yuri stories. you seemed to be implying Yaoi, and I strongly dislike that.

I'm honestly just sick of people stating that certain characters should just be skins when they have moveset potentional. put them in the same character slot then, just like Zelda/Sheik, except they can't turn into each other. but they simply cannot be put in with different looks alone.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I feel like he should be a palette swap, like in Brawl. It seems, to me at least, that having him playable would be like having Daisy from the Mario games playable. Sure, he could be able to use the weapons from Kid Icarus Uprising, but so can Pit, and so could other characters from the Kid Icarus franchise.
DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT! YOU KNOW NOTHING IF YOU DARE TO BRING UP A POINT LIKE DAISY WHEN IT COMES TO DARK PIT! Yes, Dark Pit was originally a costume for Pit, BUT HE IS A CHARACTER OF HIS OWN NOW. Saying Dark Pit is like Daisy is like Saying Luigi should become costume for Mario instead of being his own character with his own moveset!

I swear, you people keep this up and I'll actually become a real Charmeleon on you!!!!

D

Deleted member

Everything's valid until the underlined.
Only three characters can use the weapons save for two exceptions.
Pit
Dark Pit
Fighter

The two exceptions are
Magnus Club (It's Magnus' sword)
Wolf Claws (Palutena briefly used them in the Palutena's Revolting Dinner OVA)

I swear, you people keep this up and I'll actually become a real Charmeleon on you!!!!
As an Entei, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Pit
Dark Pit
Fighter

The two exceptions are

As an Entei, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down.
Well, I'm afraid I cannot exactly calm down at the moment. I understand being an all-powerful Legendary, but even Legendaries have limits. I will have to try though.
You are right about what you said, except the valid until underlined. none of what they said is valid at all. period. Dark Pit wouldn't be like Daisy at all. Whilst Daisy is DEFINITELY a clone character, Dark Pit isn't, even if he canonically is a cloned version of Pit. he still has his own aresenal of weapons. in fact, he has all 9 weapon classes. well, maybe he doesn't have Claws, but he has the other 8 weapons;
First Blade
Silver Bow
Ogre Club
Gemini Orbitars
Violet Palm
EZ Cannon
Dark Pit Staff
Canonically, Pit has;
First Blade
Palutena Bow
Wolf Claws
Guardian Orbitars
Upperdash Arm
See? they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RIGHT DOWN TO THE WEAPONS. they are twins, but that's no reason they can't have seperate movesets. this is all canon. Sakurai has stated that Pit now has the Guardian Orbitars for his Smash moveset, as well as the Upperdash Arm. Palutena uses the Wolf Claws, meaning they canonically also have them at Palutena's temple in the actual game. First Blade is Pit's first weapon and Palutena Bow is his signature weapon.

Dark Pit uses half his aresenal in the chapter you fight him in, the only one he doesn't use no matter what is the Gemini Orbitars, however it is safe to say they belong to him being found in his level after one of the times you have to beat him. he likely hid them where he did so "Pit-stain" didn't get them.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm only 14, and I'm an anti-perv.
you seemed to be implying Yaoi, and I strongly dislike that.
Are you kidding me? I said nothing of any sexual nature. Would you care to tell me how marriage is any way 'perverted'? Or is this just homophobia that I'm sensing?

And on topic: I definitely agree that we need more villains, but I'm wondering why you think Dark Pit would be a better choice than, say, Medusa or even Hades. I mean, Medusa has been a villain since the first KI game, and is probably a lot more iconic and popular.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pit
Dark Pit
Fighter

The two exceptions are
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me - my only experience for the game is through watching Let's Plays, though I knew about Palutena using weapons in an OVA for the game, and I figured that bosses would likely be able to use the weapons that are based off of them (or, at least, similar attacks).

Maikou

Smash Ace
Are you kidding me? I said nothing of any sexual nature. Would you care to tell me how marriage is any way 'perverted'? Or is this just homophobia that I'm sensing?

And on topic: I definitely agree that we need more villains, but I'm wondering why you think Dark Pit would be a better choice than, say, Medusa or even Hades. I mean, Medusa has been a villain since the first KI game, and is probably a lot more iconic and popular.
You mentioned two males being married. I need say nothing more. it has nothing to do with marriage being perverted. (I know marriage isn't perverted) it also has nothing to do with whether or not I'm homophobic. let's just drop that subject.

and I'm not saying DP should be over Medusa or Hades, I'm just defending him in the sense that Dark Pit COULD be character. I even gave a moveset for him. I'd be fine if DP didn't get in, I'm just trying to say he wouldn't be a clone and shouldn't be a palette swap. at worst, I'd rather him be an Assist Trophy.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Ok Maikou, stop ranting, and lets get back to the Dark Pit discussion.

Anyway, Dark Pit's first actual appearance was in Brawl. He WAS a character back then, and will still be a palette swap. At best they can recolor him like they did with Daisy / Peach in Melee.

I end my point by saying Dark Pit will be in the game... as a skin.

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
Evidently you all simply have different opinions of what should constitute a new character so let's all just calm down a bit. I personally think if they give him fun specials from all the options, Dark Pit would be a cool addition, but I don't think it's likely.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Forget this thread. Dark Pit is his own character and no amount of arguing is going to change that. I'm better off with people I can agree with anyways.
I'm no longer on this thread, so don't bother replying to me.

D

Deleted member

Ok Maikou, stop ranting, and lets get back to the Dark Pit discussion.

Anyway, Dark Pit's first actual appearance was in Brawl. He WAS a character back then, and will still be a palette swap. At best they can recolor him like they did with Daisy / Peach in Melee.

I end my point by saying Dark Pit will be in the game... as a skin.
Not necessarily true.
Dark Pit was based off of the black color from Brawl, but the black color was not him. it was "Fallen Angel Pit".

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
Thank you FrostWraith. This is the kind of point I am trying to make.
I agree with you entirely, Dark Pit (or Pittoo) should definitely be playable. Falco is just a faster version of Fox, so that disproves everyone "he will just be a clone." I would like to see the Claws weapon from Uprising in action.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Upon further thought, if not an Alt Costume or an Assist Trophy, I think Dark Pit would make a perfect addition to some possible post-release DLC characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree with you entirely, Dark Pit (or Pittoo) should definitely be playable. Falco is just a faster version of Fox, so that disproves everyone "he will just be a clone." I would like to see the Claws weapon from Uprising in action.
Now, I never said Dark Pit should be playable.
Just that he is an often overlooked possibility.

At this point however with the Sal Romano ordeal, it's pretty much all but confirmed Palutena will be playable, making it difficult to believe Dark Pit will be a character.
Though much like Dark Samus, there's always the Assist Trophy route.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to see Dark Pit as an Assist Trophy. He could fly around shooting people and then do a giant face-kick at the end.

Oh, and by the way, the title of this thread is incorrect. Pit's better half is clearly Viridi Phosphora Palutena Hades.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to see Dark Pit as an Assist Trophy. He could fly around shooting people and then do a giant face-kick at the end.

Oh, and by the way, the title of this thread is incorrect. Pit's better half is clearly Viridi Phosphora Palutena Hades.
...Can't argue there.

Just listen to them make music together.

D

Deleted member

Admittedly, it has got me curious what the deal was with him "crashing Palutena's party".

But at the same time, it harkens back to the Tom Nook ordeal in the "OMG he's looking at the letter Villager dropped! He's gonna be playable too!" logic people made, and look where that got them.

Myst

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
Alternate? Character? Assist? I'm hoping character, if only for more Kid Icarus reps. The trailer was real cool, though.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Admittedly, it has got me curious what the deal was with him "crashing Palutena's party".

But at the same time, it harkens back to the Tom Nook ordeal in the "OMG he's looking at the letter Villager dropped! He's gonna be playable too!" logic people made, and look where that got them.
This, if he was playable that was his moment to shine. Unfortunately that's not the case, so I would consider him officially dead in the water now.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Since they showed him with no title card or full trailer of his own, I'm inclined to agree with @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 that he's gonna be an elaborate costume change.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm thinking Assist Trophy or alt costume. Likely latter.
Kid Icarus should not have three reps, two in one game, when there are so many more characters that need to be added; Dixie and K Rool as two to a needed series come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom