• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Calling dibs on being part of a Pit-only battle party when the time comes, where we pit our Pit against each other's Pits, and see which Pit would send the other Pits to the "hos-PIT-al" (I couldn't help that one). Pit dittos you can call em, except more than 2 Pits at once, but I can do both.
I'm bad at this type of stuff. D:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Calling dibs on being part of a Pit-only battle party when the time comes, where we pit our Pit against each other's Pits, and see which Pit would send the other Pits to the "hos-PIT-al" (I couldn't help that one). Pit dittos you can call em, except more than 2 Pits at once, but I can do both.
I'm bad at this type of stuff. D:
Hey, I'd be alright with this idea. Though, would this be for Brawl or Project?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone have any ideas on incorporating some Uprising elements into SM4SH?

A la Great Sacred Treasure final smash?

"Now this is where it's at!!! Wohoo!!..... YEAH!!!... Alright!!!!"
-Pit

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well there are items in Uprising as well, so maybe an item from said game could be in. You got Grenades, Lightning of Judgement, even their own Smart Bombs (theirs look cooler than Starfox's btw), X-bombs, and more. I always wondered how it'd be like if Pit had his own Grenades

I still think he should have different weapons with different movesets (only 1 weapon per match of course), like balanced Blade, Speedy close-up Claws, or even having a "blast" with Cannons. But since that isn't likely, Pit's most likely gonna inherit Uprising's Melee Dash Attack and Melee Combo from his bow in that game, both stronger and improved compared to Brawl's current Jab Combo & Dash Attacks.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would also suggest giving the Palutena's Arrow a new utility in the form of being able to preform a quick dash backwards/forwards along with it's normal properties. The idea is serve as a last minute defensive option if your position is too close to enemy fire.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dash Attacks increasing the arrow firepower, but can leave you open. It seems like an interesting idea.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dash Attacks increasing the arrow firepower, but can leave you open. It seems like an interesting idea.
Perhaps Sakurai can incorporate a dash attack into ALL character movesets... Just an idea, but a backward Fire-Blast from Mario would be cool.

But still, on topic, I think that a few Uprising Items, I.E, Judgement Lighting, would be a neat way to add character into the game. Hey, maybe Hades could be an Assist! Then complain about not being a playable character!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't know. This would be one of them character-exclusive things, and I mean the dash charge shots being a Pit exclusive, as if we don't already have enough character-exclusive things, but I ain't complaining about it.
Meh, I just prefer Pit with different weapon sets and most definitely Palutena, though Phosphora would be very nice to have as an Assist at least if not a playable.

Has to be something for Pit to have besides the potential change in his dash attack and jab combo. *looks at Pit with EZ Cannon* Yep, we'd have a blast with that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As weird as that was, I wouldn't want to imagine the "Hot spring" version of that.
Coincidentally, Brawl does have (strawberry flavor) Ice Cream as food, and it does give you health.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Then it's time to be as serious as Pit was in Ch.20, shall we? Tbh, we haven't had much to think about besides being as silly as much of the Pit+Palutena chatter.

I still think the angel should have another weapon with different moveset (again, only 1 choice per match). If an extra choice was made, it'd have to be the Blade pretty much. Pit did start out with the First Blade in game after all.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
I personally think Pit should just mainly stick with the bow. It's his most iconic weapon after all. I guess some of his specials could implement other weapon classes, but it's not really a necessity to have them. I mean, it's not like Link's bow and boomerang takes up half of his moveset, his Master Sword works fine. But, if Pit does get a major moveset rehaul to match Uprising and it ends up making him a much, much better character than in Brawl, then I guess I won't mind. But at the least, his side-B and FS definitely needs to be changed. Oh, and a better voice actor.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is, but Pit should at the very least have slightly stronger moves to reflect on his recent training and trails via Uprising. There's always that dash attack and melee combo that can replace his Dash attack and jab combo respectively.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I don't want too many Pit changes this game. I liked to play him in Brawl, and I wouldn't want to lose a character I like just because he has a new game. A new jab and dash attack sound fine, but adding in all the Uprising weapons and such would likely disgruntle a lot of people who currently play him. If Uprising should be represented in a moveset, let it be in Palutena's, who hasn't been playable before and therefore won't have any players to disappoint.
Though I suppose he could have a new side b from Uprising, since that is THE.MOST.ANNOYING.MOVE.EVER.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Side-B isn't that bad, but it should indeed be changed. I wouldn't mind if they replace it with that Reflect Barrier power so Pit still has 2 reflectors.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Two reflectors seems a little unnecessary. I'd prefer a command glide like Project M( Project M Pit is really great) but I doubt it will happen.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It was fun for Pit to have 2 reflectors, it was like exclusive to him. D:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Uprising weapons make good items. I can't see Pit having drastic changes.

Two reflectors seems redundant, however one is offensive and one is defensive. So that is unique if a bit boring.

I just hope Pit has more pizazz in his animations. Moveset just seems stale.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
The offensive reflector however is much less useful because it it is so ridiculously punishable. If you want to reflect something, Down B is always better. So currently having two reflectors does nothing but take up an extra move slot.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well just watched the trailer and saw Pit in action. From what I saw, he still has his Palutena Bow, but in one of the parts of it, he had used his Upperdash Arm! For those who don't know bout it yet, the Upperdash Arm is that "one-trick pony" weapon whose Dash Attacks are extremely powerful.
It looks like our angel is most definitely using more weapons after all, just like I imagined. Will Pit get his Second Wind and become better than he is in Brawl? To me, yes.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pit.html
Also from the new site. Check our angel out!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
That new Reflector (down-b?) looks so cool. He uses the Guardian Orbs from Uprising and it covers him from front and back. I wonder if it will block physical moves and reflect again? Or maybe it will only do one? Who knows?
I like what I see.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Pit's taken Yoshi's spot in the core eight. I love it.

Would have been nice to hear his voice in the trailer though.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I think the Upperdash arm is his Dash Attack or Side B, and the guardian orb looks to be a super awesome buffed version of the original down b. Just as long as there's not too many more major changes, then I really like this Pit version.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Upperdash arm could be side B. The down B now basically is two reflectors. Of course this arm dash could be a running attack.

I do like how pit launches upward with his Up B. Other than that, he is still kinda boring to me. But he does have his spot in Smash.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
My fondest wish now would be to have the Arm as a DAttack and a PM side B. I really fell in love with how he played in PM.
Make it happen, Sakurai!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Judging by footage, Pit is getting the most drastic changes to his moveset among the veterans. Whether or not this will improve Pit will remain to be seen.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I could see Lady Palutena as a playable character. From the Uprising game, she seems to have a lot of similar properties to what Zelda has now. Shes light, has magical powers similar to Zelda, and I think Sakurai can be really creative with Palutena and make her a top tier character. Only problem is what would the Pits final smash look like?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Judging by footage, Pit is getting the most drastic changes to his moveset among the veterans. Whether or not this will improve Pit will remain to be seen.
Bowser seems to have three new moves. A new Forward Smash, dash, and neutral aerial.

* And he figured out how to run.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, I said Pit has the most changes to his move set. Several of his attacks involve the Upperdash Arm, he has a new forward and down smash, and his Wings of Icarus functions differently.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope them Guardian Orbitars do reflect. Having a reflector was something that made me like Pit in Brawl, against generic projectile spammers.
But pretty much all we know so far is that Pit has both that Upperdash Arm which is a possible Dash Attack or Side-B (more likely the latter) and the Down-B that is Guardian Orbitars, and that Pit seems a bit more "serious-looking" than he used to, not even a happy look like he used to in Brawl, though I'm okay with it.

Btw, show me the new smashes.

Kantrip

Kantplay
When listing franchises at the start of the trailer, Kid Icarus is one of them among Super Mario, Metroid, LoZ, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, and Pokemon. I'm banking on KI getting another character for sure

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that choice has to be Lady Palutena. We can only hope she'll be a reveal in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom