• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit vs Metaknight

diathis

Smash Rookie
Okay... so i was super excited when i saw Pit, I couldn't wait to fly and glide around shooting my friends... then i see his special move list. His up b is to fly... Metaknight's up b is some special Marth like move, does this mean Metaknight can fly around with out a recovery move? Did they break Pit... or will the bow/dagger compensate for it... or is Metaknight a freakin' beast?! please discuss and help me!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay... so i was super excited when i saw Pit, I couldn't wait to fly and glide around shooting my friends... then i see his special move list. His up b is to fly... Metaknight's up b is some special Marth like move... Did they break Pit... or will the bow/dagger compensate for it... or is Metaknight a freakin' beast?! please discuss and help me!!!!
Meta-Knight is invicible...

FoxxehRoxxeh

Smash Journeyman
In the R.I.D.L.E.Y. Sniper Lookout, Sniping Ridley
I think they will be the two top tiers, kinda like the High and Top Tiers in Melee, they are all so good, it's hard to choose which one advantages over the other, Peach dominated the air game, Marth had his disjointed hitbox, Falcon had the knee and fast moves to boot.

It's just very hard to choose a best.

Hong

The Strongest
xD Nah. Well, put it this way.

Pit seems to have the best mobility we've seen thus far. Multiple jumps, amazing running speed and a recovery that gives him even more flight. He also has a projectile. Though the problem is I haven't seen a single melee attack with long range. Pit's short swords are well, short. Fox, Mario and even Kirby will outreach the swords. Though since they're disjointed hitboxes, he at least still has priority on his side.
That and he'll more likely than not be a weight class below Ness, even though he's smaller for balance reasons. I want to say Pit lacks physical strength, but in the second trailer I saw him fly and hit Mario (I think it was) and KO him. So he'll probably be average in that department.

Meta Knight from what we've seen, doesn't have a lot of foot speed but his attacks are lightning fast. Though I noticed Kirby's kicks stretch to roughly the length of his sword, so once again it's a disjointed hitbox that doesn't have a lot of range. I'll just assume Meta Knight lacks KO power since he has such quick attacks and such amazing recovery.

By the way, Shuttle Loop is a loop. While it may look like Dolphin Slash initially, I'll bet hitting him after that initial burst will be quite easy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't wait to see Meta-Kirby

It will look like a Pink Meta-Knight...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sakurai is making it where it will be fairly difficult for Meta-Knight and Pit to be spiked into the abyss! I wonder what other stuff that this duo is capable of?

Hong

The Strongest
Sakurai is making it where it will be fairly difficult for Meta-Knight and Pit to be spiked into the abyss! I wonder what other stuff that this duo is capable of?
Though it's also clear that to make this new improvement to aerial game in depth, he is also putting in anti-air measures! Asside from the ones we have already (homing missile, Thunder, Falco's blaster), we also got Ivysaur's Bullet Seed with the pure intent of anti-air. My money is put on more anti-air measures in the future, which will make the sky a very scary place. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm wondering how the up+b will work with the glide, so could you up+b then glide, up+b up+b, then glide some more while spamming the bow?
um...Does it work like that with peach...because this concept is in the least slightly similar and I don't think that works with peach...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Though it's also clear that to make this new improvement to aerial game in depth, he is also putting in anti-air measures! Asside from the ones we have already (homing missile, Thunder, Falco's blaster), we also got Ivysaur's Bullet Seed with the pure intent of anti-air. My money is put on more anti-air measures in the future, which will make the sky a very scary place. :p
Jolly good show Lunadis chan! I do say that's an excellent deduction that you made! Brilliant!

*cough* One can conclude that anyone with these so called "special ablities" such as gliding (Charizard, Pit, and Meta Knight), quaduple jumps (Mario), and floating (Peach and Kirby) are going to be a force to be reckoned with!

Sinn

Smash Lord
In reference to the trailer, Metaknight is the dark side of the force, Pit is the light side, and Samus is Han Solo.

...quadruple jump? Where did that idea come from?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
In reference to the trailer, Metaknight is the dark side of the force, Pit is the light side, and Samus is Han Solo.

...quadruple jump? Where did that idea come from?
Seriously bro? This is Smash Melee/Brawl 101. Mario can first jump regular, then double jump, then his Mario Tornado "Down B" rapidly, and then the Mario uppercut. And also, techinquely, he has his Mario Cape so yeah, quadruple jump bro.

^^This of course was at it's best on Smash 64 with Mario.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I wonder why I've never used Mario's down special to help for recovery...huh o_o I use his side special all the time for it...

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Seriously bro? This is Smash Melee/Brawl 101. Mario can first jump regular, then double jump, then his Mario Tornado "Down B" rapidly, and then the Mario uppercut. And also, techinquely, he has his Mario Cape so yeah, quadruple jump bro.

^^This of course was at it's best on Smash 64 with Mario.
Lmao. WTF? Who considers that a quadruple jump besides you? You spoke of it as if it's a common thing.

Anyway.

As for this Pit vs. Meta Knight thing, I.. I dunno. I'd say Pit is superior in the air. His recovery puts him slightly ahead, but we don't know that much about either's recovery, but from the vague descriptions, I'd say Pit wins. But Meta Knight has natural combos, and those are... win.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I wonder why I've never used Mario's down special to help for recovery...huh o_o I use his side special all the time for it...
I dunno, but it would be in your best interest to use this techinque for attempting to get back on the ledge. It really is kind of a last resort for The Italian Stallion to get back on solid ground.

@Stuhddabahkz, duh duh duh, this "quadruple jump" is just about as common as Nike Air Force Ones.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, but it would be in your best interest to use this techinque for attempting to get back on the ledge. It really is kind of a last resort for The Italian Stallion to get back on solid ground.

@Stuhddabahkz, duh duh duh, this "quadruple jump" is just about as common as Nike Air Force Ones.
You coulda said something better than Air Forces... but meh. I know the technique is common, but no one calls it the "quadruple jump." That's what I'm sayin'. And if they do, I just haven't heard it and thus, I'd suck.

But yeah, when I see what exactly Meta's Smash-B does (since that pic was phukk'd over) and what Pit's does, then I'll be able to decide. Meta's seems similiar to Fox's IMO, maybe Pit will have a Luigi-like Smash-B. =/

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I think Pit will be a lot more fun to play, although either would be fun; I just want airborne swordfighting that doesn't always end with Marth spiking. I think I just like Pit more because he looks more serious than that puffy knight.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
I dunno, I like to think of Metaknight as a flying Marth and Pit as a flying Link but thats not the case lol. I think it would come down to the overall use of the moveset

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
metaknight
aparentelly pit lose this one by just the knoledge of the moves of then

but i prefer the pit

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to use these characters. Swords + gliding = awesome.

Anyway, no, you won't be able to glide after the up-B. You can't do anything after up-B unless someone hits you. The only exception is if they want to make these gliders completely broken.

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
Psh. That's when we fastfall (or down-glide) and up-B to the edge. Or heck, we'll just Fair you. Then, depending on other physical elements of Pit and Metaknight, we might be able to catch you before you return to the stage, and you'll have no more jump.

I just don't know how useful that stomp-spike is going to be. It seems too predictable.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight IMO will be a BEAST =/
If triple jab launches forward then he'll be able to pull off a better
version of jigglypuffs rising pound (Maybe) and then shuttle loop
for more vertical distance... I wanna know what DC is gonna do though...

Smash Ace
clearly, Meta-Knight is going to be top-tier.
I need to say no more.

Glitchery

Smash Cadet
Why do so many people like metaknight? He looks kind of the same as kirby and kirby was garbage in melee... I might main Pit if they don't have Toad or someone else I like lol..

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
i like metal knight because he gives you a sword before you fight him but i think his fan base is filled with too many "Hell yeah he if freaking evil omg he is dark" so i will go with Pit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
metaknights recovery is going to be just like kirby's and his isnt even that good
I don't think Meta-Knight comes back down...

Besides...He can fly and Glide, recovery isn't really something in that much need.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
like I said, if TriJab propels you forward then metaknight
will be able to pull off a "rising jab" as well as shuttle loop for
vertical distance or just glide forward <_<

And shuttle loop looks more like marth's recovery, not kirby's =/

Top Bottom