• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit/Dark Pit doubles

Bravo_Le_Menace

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers,

So recently I started looking into doubles and I'm currently maining Dark Pit. I'm trying to figure out the following things:

What characters from you experience work well as a doubles partner?
Why?

What role do you play as Pit when in teams. Are you the aggressor? So you just try to cover your teammates back? Are you just sitting back looking for punishes?

Thanks for the help everyone!

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Hello fellow smashers,

So recently I started looking into doubles and I'm currently maining Dark Pit. I'm trying to figure out the following things:

What characters from you experience work well as a doubles partner?
Why?

What role do you play as Pit when in teams. Are you the aggressor? So you just try to cover your teammates back? Are you just sitting back looking for punishes?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Dual Pit could work well, here is a doubles strat...after one Pit launches an enemy offstage or up high the other will pursue him with Up B. The first Pit will then fire an arrow at the second pit cancelling his free fall allowing him to pressure the enemy with all his jumps and up b still intact (arrows have very little knockback).

Other good partners could be characters with uthrows that fly into the ceiling (i.e kirby, metaknight, charizard) if your partner grabs an opponent they will go for an uthrow then you fire an arrow after them to hit the enemy killing them instantly because they are so close to the blast zone.

Last edited:

Bravo_Le_Menace

Smash Rookie
Dual Pit could work well, here is a doubles strat...after one Pit launches an enemy offstage or up high the other will pursue him with Up B. The first Pit will then fire an arrow at the second pit cancelling his free fall allowing him to pressure the enemy with all his jumps and up b still intact (arrows have very little knockback).

Other good partners could be characters with uthrows that fly into the ceiling (i.e kirby, metaknight, charizard) if your partner grabs an opponent they will go for an uthrow then you fire an arrow after them to hit the enemy killing them instantly because they are so close to the blast zone.
Yo, that sounds like an amazing idea. I didn't mean double pit though just light or dark pit plus another character. But that high blast zone throw sounds like a great idea. I may test it out

Last edited:

useredsa

Smash Cadet

I don't like the idea. If you miss the arrow your mate dies, apart from the fact that he can easily jump offstage and he would retain 3 jumps. He cannot neither end up close to the enemy because the lagg would make him easy to hit nor ending further because he would prefer to just jump.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I don't like the idea. If you miss the arrow your mate dies, apart from the fact that he can easily jump offstage and he would retain 3 jumps. He cannot neither end up close to the enemy because the lagg would make him easy to hit nor ending further because he would prefer to just jump.
That's what makes it all the more stylish ;) besides Pit's recovery is linear it shouldn't be hard to hit for a good Pit main.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
A good way to really chase someone offstage effectively in teams is have Pit fire an arrow at the opponent as a distraction, while Dark Pit can come in and whack em with his side B for the possible early kill.

Bravo_Le_Menace

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry guys, I think I really confused everyone. I'm looking for a good doubles partner to go with Dark Pit. A character you guys feel, from your experience is very compatible with him.

momochii

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry guys, I think I really confused everyone. I'm looking for a good doubles partner to go with Dark Pit. A character you guys feel, from your experience is very compatible with him.
I team with a Sheik pretty often and I'd say she's a good partner mostly because she can be the aggressor and rack up percent maybe a little better than Dpit. Dpit's main role would be netting the kill with electroshock or an offstage gimp and in the situation Dpit gets grabbed sheik can toss a few needles to disrupt the grab. Let's not forget needles win neutral the majority of the time and can be hard to approach if both team mates stay on one side of the stage. Just my two cents. :p I also think Mario is a good team mate too since both characters play fundamentally similar.

Bravo_Le_Menace

Smash Rookie
Sweet, that is exactly the type of information I was looking for. We ( as pit ) would support her as being the killing blow type fighter. I like the idea. Also, we can kinda cover for Sheiks weakness. Mario seems like an interesting idea, I think Pit could even combo well from his throws and attacks.

Top Bottom