• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pirate Ship: Teching the Catapult

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
I was messing around on pirate ship with my brother one day(Playing Marth, and unsure of damage percentage), and I was right in the path of the catapult. The catapult flung me, but I was starting to hit the shield button as I was flung. I ended up landing on the tip of the ship, and having teched the "fling". Just wondering whether or not anyone else has had this happen to them?

Ørion

Smash Ace
I haven't done this personally, though I usually play on neutral stages. This would be cool, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the catapult throw you really fast, like too fast to tech except on accident? ( I might be wrong).

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Yeah the timing is pretty hard. I tried recreating, but I think the the actual "fling" is pretty easy to predict. It'd be helpful to actually be able to use the space there in a competitive match I guess(mindgame?). Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
Well, the pirate ship stage is one of my favourites, and i play it alot, so'll have to try this out.

--------

First ever post :laugh:

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
I've done this a bunch of times but playing Melee made me beastly at teching anyways haha.

Today I was playing on this stage and got Falcon Punched into the catapult which sent me in the same direction, I died so fast it was insane. While this happened I was listening to "Sixpounder" by Children Of Bodom and my brain almost exploded from all the epic win combined.

Top Bottom