• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinnacle V - Smash Wii U Tournament - Saturday 9/26 at 2:30 PM EST

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
The 5th installment of Pinnacle was supposed to be a qualification based tournament, for all who remember that- but, after Pinnacle IV was canceled, and we took a long break, it seemed like it would be awkward. An event like this will probably happen eventually, though. Either way, Pinnacle is back! And this time, if there is interest, it will be weekly!

Also, if you are new to Pinnacle, it was s a weekly online Smash 3DS tournament that has migrated to Wii U. It takes place on Saturdays, and aims to gather dedicated regulars. Rules are below.
3 stock, 8 minute, 2/3 (except for semis and finals which are 3/5, no customs whatsoever.)

Starters: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Town and City. Counterpicks: Castle Siege, Halberd, Kongo Jungle 64. Striking is 1-2-1, with 1 ban for counterpicking, except for 3/5s which will be no bans. First match, players declare their characters in chat (do a double blind only if necessary). In subsequent matches, characters are declared with loser of the previous match picking character second (as in the winner declares first and then is locked). Only original FD is allowed for first match, and banning or striking FD gets rid of all Omegas as well. If not banned, counterpicker may choose the mode of FD.

In the event that a match disconnects, each player will start out with the stocks (and, if it can be remembered, the percents) that they had before. This can be done via suicide at the beginning of a match and hitting with a low damage move until percents are right.

Signing up: I am hosting a signup page on Challonge, which is also where the bracket will be. You need to sign up as your SmashBoards name + your NNID (if your challonge name is different from your SB username, let me know on this thread what you will be signing up as instead). Failure to include NNID will result in disqualification! make sure not to sign up until you're sure you can participate.

In addition, participants are able report their own scores. Don't abuse this feature or you will be DQ'd, banned from future events, reported on SmashBoards, and worse, you will cause us to have to go back to the far less convenient method of reporting scores to me via a hectic irc. It's worked out for us fine in Pinnacle(s) II and III, but I still feel the need to post the disclaimers.

#Pinnacle is an irc channel that I created for matchmaking and general chatting. Please try to keep it clean. Avoid crowding the chat with messages while players are communicating about tournament matches. Also, don't forget to take advantage of "query", a mode within irc where you can talk to a single other person, instead of trying to talk at the same time as everybody else on the main chat. You can find it by clicking on someone's username on the right sidebar.

So that I can make sure you are participating, please check in on the bracket between 1:30 and 2:30, and be on the irc by 2:30 so we can get it started on time! If you do not visit the bracket and click the check in button between 1:30 and 2:30, you will be automatically DQ'd by Challonge.

If you would like the time changed, PLEASE post here and we'll see who would like/be okay with your suggestion. Feel free to suggest a time change for future weeks as well.

Top Bottom