• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pink Gold Peach for Smash, A Mario Kart 8 rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice

Now you must be saying, "YOUR JOKING?" and no I'm not.

Pink Gold Peach originated in the game that basically single handedly saved the Wii U and it should get playable representation, and Every Smash bros game to date has had last minute clones added to expand the roster.

Put two and two together and we might be looking at one of the most unexpected newcomer since Roy.

Now what would she do? Well she would be clone of Peach. But with some differences.
She would be the heaviest character in the game, and would be stronger then Peach. She wouldn't be able to jump as high and would be slower. Her down special could spawn an item from Mario Kart 8 as many of those items are in this game already. Her up special could use various gliders. Toad could be replaced by Toadette since she also originated in a Mario Kart. Her Side Special could be like going over a boost panel and could cover more groud then Peachs. The rest of her moves could be more robotic like.

PINK GOLD PEACH FOR SMASH!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, give me Paper Baby Metal Dr.Luigi instead.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, welcome to smashboards.

I have to say, I don't approve of your first post. I ask, why not play a match with metal boxes?

Why add another Mario princess after rosalina?

Why not just make this a peach alt costume?

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Well, welcome to smashboards.

I have to say, I don't approve of your first post. I ask, why not play a match with metal boxes?

Why add another Mario princess after rosalina?

Why not just make this a peach alt costume?
Well Pink Gold Peach comes across as very mysterious to me, If Peach turned Pink when she had a Metal Box then I guess it would be neat but I loved Mario Kart 8 and would love to see a character from it.

And Peach is light, A Pink Gold alt wouldn't make any sense.

But thanks for the welcome.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well Pink Gold Peach comes across as very mysterious to me, If Peach turned Pink when she had a Metal Box then I guess it would be neat but I loved Mario Kart 8 and would love to see a character from it.

And Peach is light, A Pink Gold alt wouldn't make any sense.

But thanks for the welcome.
Yeah, I hope you enjoy it here.

I just think this particular character is a really silly idea. Mario characters tend to have a high barrier to entry because there are so many strong options for playable mario characters (toad, bowser jr, waluigi, ect) and Mario spin off series (golf, party, kart) are just mix ups of standard mario characters, they don't really get their own reps. I'm liking the rainbow road stage, and I think pink gold peach would be a funny alt costume, but I don't she either merits or will receive her own slot. With the advent of custom movesets, last minute clones seem to be a thing of the past, as the only differences in the clones could be easily covered in one character with different moves.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I hope you enjoy it here.

I just think this particular character is a really silly idea. Mario characters tend to have a high barrier to entry because there are so many strong options for playable mario characters (toad, bowser jr, waluigi, ect) and Mario spin off series (golf, party, kart) are just mix ups of standard mario characters, they don't really get their own reps. I'm liking the rainbow road stage, and I think pink gold peach would be a funny alt costume, but I don't she either merits or will receive her own slot. With the advent of custom movesets, last minute clones seem to be a thing of the past, as the only differences in the clones could be easily covered in one character with different moves.
I didn't think of Custom Moves, but PGP is still a character I support. Many characters are supported but in reality have no right in Smash. Sometimes they get lucky with Greninja (At the time they decided on him anyway), Dr Mario and Chorus Kids.

I recognize the unlikelyness here but I still like her and certainly won't complain if she is in.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, I certainly can't fault you for supporting an odd or un-intuitive character choice. I got super lucky with Charizard getting into Brawl. I made a support thread for him way back, and no one thought he was gonna be playable. Now he's even got his own slot. So it's definitely true that anything can happen, haha.

fill

20EggsEggs
If you really wanted Pink Gold Peach then maybe an alt skin. But yeah i'm with @ Phaazoid Phaazoid and just do a Metal box match and the MK series doesnt need PGPeach to rep the series, the blue shell, the MK track stage do it justice

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Only if we get CJ from GTA San Andreas, Dean Harrington, Peppy Hare, the golf guy from NES Golf, Green Gold Metal Paper Ridley and Stone Cold Steve Austin in there too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't approve this bull crap.... just give Peach the standard Pink Gold alternate costume and we are good to go.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The problem with a character like this is that she has only been in one game, which genuinely isn't good enough with the high standard of the Mario franchise. Plus, Mario Kart 8 has character representation; Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Wario and Donkey Kong are all in the game.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
They've already given Mario Kart tons of representation.
Bullet Bill, Lightning, Blue Shell, Rainbow Road, etc.

Also, putting in Pink Gold Peach to rep Mario Kart 8 would basically be repping the part of Mario Kart 8 that most people hated- the character roster.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No, give me Baby Rosalina instead. :troll:

But seriously, the best thing about her inclusion would be its amplification of the (already) inevitable massive wailing from the Smash fanbase.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I really like the creativity behind this, I'll give you that. But I think PGP should stay as 1 of 3 things: a Peach alt, Peach + Metal Box, or Peach + turning gold on the Golden Plains 3DS stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When you can legitimately compete with Baby Rosalina over "biggest waste of a character slot in MK", you're probably best far away from Smash's roster. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I didn't want Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart. I sure as hell don't want her anywhere else.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I did not see Pink Gold Peach coming when I was unlocking racers. I figured there would be Metal Mario somewhere, but not this. If nothing else, she's got the element of mystery going for her, since no one knows exactly how this form of Peach originated.

KatKit

Smash Lord
In arcade mode, a "Metal Mario Crew" kind of handicap battle involving the Metal Mario Bros. and Pink Gold Peach would be cool.

I also like the notion of Peach turning into Pink Gold Peach when she grabs a metal box.

Sadly, I don't support her as a standalone character. And I enjoy using Peach; she's an awesome character in general. I think that your idea is interesting, however. But it is unnecessary because of metal boxes, amongst other things.

As for alternate costume... I think there are plenty of better outfits she could have. I prefer her turning into Pink Gold Peach only when she uses a metal box or if you play the metal mode and stuff.

Anyways, I'm sure others will support this. And I'm sorry if this came across as rude.

Btw, I'm sure she'll have a trophy.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
She will appear in Smash 4.

In Golden Plains when you get 100 coins.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am still mad as **** that Diddy isn't in Mario Kart 8, but bull**** as Pink Gold Peach is.

Rosalina&Greninja

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering why do you want pink gold peach in smash so bad. She just a metallic version of peach?
I don't really want her in that badly, I just would like her in somehow, So I made a topic for her to be in Smash. I just think it would be cool for her to be in somehow. I think metal characters are cool and mysterious.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a supporter.
This would take the anger off of any other character.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I think Peach turning into Pink Gold Peach when she grabs a metal box would make for a nice easter egg.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think Pink Gold Peach would have to wait. There are more worthy characters ahead of her.

Vampire Wario has been in more games and has existed for much longer. In fact, Vampire Wario has been in Wario Land 3 & 4, was a final boss of Dr. Mario 64, cameo'd in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!, and was a brief transformation in Mario Party 8 whenever Wario ate Vampire Candy. The moveset potential is much better too, I would say. This is all in addition to Wario deserving a 2nd character more than Mario deserving a 6th one. Pink Gold Peach has nothing over Vampire Wario, sorry to say.

Also, if the main train of thought was that she should be playable based on how she appeared in the game that may have single-handedly saved the Wii U, the same should extend to Baby Rosalina, who also first appeared in Mario Kart 8, and the Koopalings, who have all had major history in Mario before Pink Gold Peach.

#TakingTheseThreadsSeriously

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Sure. I'd be down with PGP. Completely new weight class, different specials and a more brawler-ish outlook might work well. Bring it on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm a supporter.
This would take the anger off of any other character.
And now the idea is awesome.

Just make her Bowser-weight Melee Peach. Boom. New heavy weight character, competitively viable as result. Armada getting rich as **** as side-effect to.

Yeah.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wario deserving a 2nd character more than Mario deserving a 6th one.

#TakingTheseThreadsSeriously
FALSE ASSERTION; the fact that we deal with Wario as a fully separate entity is not even a pardon in itself. It is a kinda sorta different thing. He should count as separate, but when we start comparing it numerically as the basis for empirical evidence, it loses credibility.

#WaitingForRelease

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I really like the idea of PGP as a alt. costume. Only because I think she is a hilarious addition to the mk8 roster. I was already annoyed at the roster of characters and then I find out PINK GOLD PEACH is now a thing. I just think the whole thing is funny, however, seeing as the major backlash she had over the roster, I doubt PGP will make anymore appearances.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Let's see, we have two Samuses, two Links, and two Zeldas that are playable. At one point, we had two Marios in Melee.

I think the fanbase will come to accept Pink Gold Peach, just like they did before in the past.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Let's see, we have two Samuses, two Links, and two Zeldas that are playable. At one point, we had two Marios in Melee.

I think the fanbase will come to accept Pink Gold Peach, just like they did before in the past.
The main perception today is that Toon Link is still one of the most expendable characters in the roster for being a deliberate semi-clone. The two Samus play absolutely nothing alike (and nobody wanted ZSS in the first place), the two "Zeldas" aren't even Zeldas on top of again playing nothing alike.

So no, I don't think we'll all come to accept a clone, especially when said clone literally has nothing to separate her from Peach beyond a shiny coating and a heavier weight.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pink Gold Peach representing Mario Kart in Smash? So the other Mario characters don't represent Mario Kart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom