• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
I was wondering if you would want(in brawl of course):

A: A pikmin related character (Probably Captain olimar)
B: Pikmin as items for throwing
C: A pikmin arena
D: All of the above
E: Another use for pikmin (Describe in post)

magar

Banned via Administration
E. Other

Captain Olimar could use Peach's turnup move but insted of turnups, he pulls different colored pinkmen out of the ground. :laugh:

"I thought this was stooped at first, but I thought about it and it might be a great idea!" ;)

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
D+E+E+E+E+E+E+E Pikman is a cool, original game, and Captain Olimar would be cool (they would most likely scale him though, since in real life he is, really, really small.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
ok, fine, not real[b/] life, but he is comparatively small to other things. (I have never seen him in real life), I just meant like the way pikachu is the size of Ashes arm, but in SSBM, he is scaled up and more than half the size of Link.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure he has a jetpack.

Or, how about this: He pulls out pikmin and they follow him around and attack enemies independantly of him (And can die really easily) and all of his other B moves involve using the Pikmin to do things, like Fly, or as an impromptu projectile. The catch: If he has no Pikmin out, he can't use any B moves until he has some Pikmin on the field. (He should also have a very high maximum number of Pikmin, so a viable strategy would be to summon a bunch of the little guys, then just let them swarm the enemy, then jump in and deal the finishing blows. Of course, doing that leaves him wide open, and the Pikmin's attacks would be really weak and have very little KB (Like Fox's Blaster, or Falco's Blaster at low %s) and it's a fixed KB, so you could never KO someone with the swarms (Unless its some crazy gold "Stitchface" Pikmin.)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't have the mechanics of exactly how I would want Captain Olimar to work, but having Pikmin as an item to throw would work great. It would basically be the same thing as the Lipstick flower from Melee. The Pikmin would attack you, and your percent would go up until you shook them off.

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
Captain Olimar would make for an interesting character, and I also like McFox's idea for Pikmin being used as an item. If Olimar isn't in the game using the little guys, then definately the Pikin should be included as an item in that manner.

magar

Banned via Administration
Khorsan said:
Captain Olimar would make for an interesting character, and I also like McFox's idea for Pikmin being used as an item. If Olimar isn't in the game using the little guys, then definately the Pikin should be included as an item in that manner.
qft Khorsan

burrito

Smash Lord
dotdotdot! said:
I'm pretty sure he has a jetpack.

Or, how about this: He pulls out pikmin and they follow him around and attack enemies independantly of him (And can die really easily) and all of his other B moves involve using the Pikmin to do things, like Fly, or as an impromptu projectile. The catch: If he has no Pikmin out, he can't use any B moves until he has some Pikmin on the field. (He should also have a very high maximum number of Pikmin, so a viable strategy would be to summon a bunch of the little guys, then just let them swarm the enemy, then jump in and deal the finishing blows. Of course, doing that leaves him wide open, and the Pikmin's attacks would be really weak and have very little KB (Like Fox's Blaster, or Falco's Blaster at low %s) and it's a fixed KB, so you could never KO someone with the swarms (Unless its some crazy gold "Stitchface" Pikmin.)
Yeah, that was pretty much my idea for him. I think that's what his moveset should be like because it's true to his game.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt want to see anything with Pikmin in Brawl. I never liked that game and i just dont see them being a good fit for Brawl.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
A and B. Captain Olimar would be a fun character to use. Pikmin would be like Mr. Saturn and would randomly come out of barrels and crates like goombas and koopas.

Stats for Captain Olimar: Strength: 2 Speed: 4 Height: 2 Weight: 2 Overall: 3

Ismael

Smash Ace
E:

Olimar sets out a bunch of Pikmin. Each color does different things if touched. Red- burns you.
Yellow- electricity attack.
Green- Puts a huge flower on your head, making damage over time.
Purlpe- Puts you to sleep.

I think that's all the colors.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont see there being an Olmar character. I do see Pikmin in the game somehow though. Probably something between the Mr. Saturn and lipstick.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Ismael said:
E:

Olimar sets out a bunch of Pikmin. Each color does different things if touched. Red- burns you.
Yellow- electricity attack.
Green- Puts a huge flower on your head, making damage over time.
Purlpe- Puts you to sleep.

I think that's all the colors.
The colors are Red, blue, yellow, white and purple.

Chipman

Smash Cadet
How about if Down+B lets you pull a Pikmin out of the ground, but takes a while, you can pull out 5 max, one of each colour, then when you use a B-move, you can use one of your Pikmin, but lose it and have to pull another out of the ground, so he would be a hit and run character, because of his need to "reload" to cause any major damage.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
I can imagine it like this:

Bdown-Pluck a random pikmin from the ground, but you can have only 5 pikmin at time.
Bneutral-Throw a pikmin
Bforward-Make all pikmin charge towards the opponent.
Bup-Maybe Jet-pack, or something...

As for the pikmin:
-They would die with any kind of hit.
-Each color would give different kind of damage
Red: Fire type damage. 7-8%
Yellow: Travels farther when thrown. 4-3%
Blue: Neutral properties. 5-6%
White: Goes faster. 10- 11%
Purple: Slow and doesn't travel too far when thrown. But gives great knockback.
-When you throw a pikmin, you can charge the B button to hold the pikmin in your hand and change the pikmin you are going to throw with the control stick.
-You can't have more than 2 pikmin of the same color.

(FUNNY IDEA: The pikmin could absorb ANY item on the stage, then their flowers on their heads would bloom and they would get faster and stronger).

burrito

Smash Lord
jpwalker123 said:
I wouldnt want to see anything with Pikmin in Brawl. I never liked that game and i just dont see them being a good fit for Brawl.
Any nintendo game is a good fit for brawl.

Pikmin is a major Nintendo franchise created by the man himself, Shigeru Miyamoto. All major Nintendo characters should be represented in brawl. THe whole point of brawl is to be able to fight Nintendo superstars against eachother. It would just be wrong to forget about Olimar.

ReptileMage

Smash Rookie
I don't think Olimar should be a character, I think a five pack of Pikmin should, I had a huge movset planned for them, but I forgot. :(

Stryks

Smash Hero
Rather like the pikmin as items, really dont want capt. olimar as a character

P.S. RVD RULES!! hes gonna beat cena at ECW

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
Captin olimar should be a charecter.
B-whistle (brings pikemen back to u)
>b-throw pikmen(they latch onto enemy for a while like lipstick)
vb-pluck pikmen of your colour (if u are red olimar it takes out red pikmen if u are blue olimar it takes out blue)
^b- you turn into a rocketship and u get lauched straight up. all your pikmen get left behind thou

his melee atks will not be effected by pikmen you have. if an enemy hits the pikmen they die and a little ghost thing appears and makes the dead pikmen sound

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I believe Captain Olimar will have some moves made up whilst others similar to Peach's Turnip or King De De De spawn slaves.

Top Bottom