• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin properties being inconsistent

KeketheBasedCat

Smash Apprentice
This might just be part of the design, but the various 'effects' that the pikmin have sometimes don't activate when their hitboxes connect. For example, if I fsmash with a red pikmin, sometimes it'll connect and do the flame sound/animation, and sometimes it'll just hit them in the same way a blue or white pikmin would. Same with yellows, where sometimes you get the electricity (which I believe increases priority by a lot) and sometimes it just slaps them like a blue pikmin would. This seemed to be the case with all of Olimar's smashes, though I didn't spend enough time testing it with things like aerials and sideB, nor did I see whether or not it affects the % done by the attack.
Again, sorry if it was intentional, I just figured it's worth bringing up.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
from my experience, pikmin effects only activate when they bloom. I believe in a bud, the effect is more random, and with leaf, there's no effect.

KeketheBasedCat

Smash Apprentice
It might be something to do with sweetspot/sourspot, since red fsmash only seems to activate in long range and yellow fsmash only seems to activate in short range. Also I was testing this with newly plucked pikmin, so as far as I know it doesn't seem to correspond with the blooming. Might be worth looking into though.

Top Bottom