• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin Are Amazing.

Pikmin Are Amazing.

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Indexxical! submitted a new guide:

Pikmin are amazing - There's a reason you're given juuuust enough time to pluck them when you spawn.

Hello everyone, and thanks for checking out my guide! In this guide, I'm going to show you just how to make the best use of your current line-up of Pikmin. You are probably playing the absolute most underrated character in the whole game, so good for you for being a special and unique snowflake!

This is my first time ever making something quite like this, so I apologize in advance for my amateurish way of going about this. I have no webm's or any real way to obtain my own video footage, so...
Read more about this guide...

Last edited:

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Thank you, neither can I! It's a pretty fun process, I have to say. An albeit difficult process, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. :)

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Good work @ Indexxical! Indexxical! ! I loved the humoristic way you planned this guide.
I'm waiting for the progress and you will learn a lot by teaching others.
Congrats :).

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Good work @ Indexxical! Indexxical! ! I loved the humoristic way you planned this guide.
I'm waiting for the progress and you will learn a lot by teaching others.
Congrats :).
:143:

Yeah, I have noticed I'm learning a lot myself! That's very interesting that you say that.

Last edited:

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Almost finished with the guide. After this final color, I'm going to lay down some general ideas and tricks to tie this whole thing together. And of course, I'm always going to go back and do revisions even after official completion. :awesome:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
That red pikmin is creepy looking!! Haha great guide I've been finding new stuff lately like when you down smash on large characters you can hit with both pikmin and do double damage woot it's like a super sweet spot. I did it on bowser and jiggs just to name a few

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
The guide is'a finished! I'm still gonna go back here and there and add info that needs to be added, so let me know if you think I'm missing anything important, or just PM me to say hello! When Lucas becomes purchasable, there will be another balance patch, so let's hope they don't rip on our boy too hard. I also have some slight code issues that I'm going to have resolved soon, but otherwise, please drink from the cup of knowledge, my friends :bee:.

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Nice work dude :D, your guide really helped a lot of people already.

At this part:
Olimar's d-air is a rather strong move even when you don't land it's potential meteor smash. You may have landed the MS in the past and have no freaking recollection of how the hell you did it. Well, all you need to do is hit your opponent with the very tip of that pikmin's flowery head.
  • This move is rather quick, but has pretty bad ending lag if you land without completing the move. A lot of people underestimate this attack's range though, so it's definitely a good landing option as well as a mix-up or OoS option.

Add this:
Short Hop Dair autocancels or at least ends with no landing lag. It has to land when Olimar recover from the upside-down position.

Try it, confirm it and add it, but with your own words, your writing is cool and funny jajaja :D.

Last edited:

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Nice work dude :D, your guide really helped a lot of people already.

Add this:
Short Hop Dair autocancels or at least ends with no landing lag. It has to land when Olimar recover from the upside-down position.

Try it, confirm it and add it, but with your own words, your writing is cool and funny jajaja :D.
Thanks so much Koken, you just continue to be awesome!

I'm in practice mode right now, it took some time to see what you meant, but you're right. After he goes upward once more, I can shield, smash or do whatever I need to do. Thanks for the tip!

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Indexxical! updated Pikmin Are Amazing. with a new update entry:

Sorry it took so long!!

• Added at least one new bullet point of additional info for each color of pikmin
    • Purples received the most love however, with an 3 extra bullet points of new info.
  • Added a new section! Pikmin Cons can be found under "Time to Wreck Your Friends".
  • Added 3+ new bullet points of info in "Time to Wreck Your Friends".
  • Cleaned up the guide in general (typos and continuity errors).

Match-ups data will be posted....
Read the rest of this update entry...

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
Thanks for this great guide on the pikmin, I''l def try to use my yellows and red more wisely

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Indexxical! updated Pikmin Are Amazing. with a new update entry:

Match up info is here, y'all!

Yes, I finally got around to match up info. It will be the last spoiler of the guide. Every character has an icon to represent them as well as a number rating to indicate how hard a fight they are for Olimar/Alph.

Also added an extra blip of info in the Yellow section regarding forward smash.

I actually really enjoy going into detail about all the characters. I will be adding more and more as the weeks go by. Have a pleasant day, everyone....
Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom