• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Quick Attack length inconsistent

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
Hey, so I figure I'd include an attachment of a replay file kinda showing what I mean.

**The replay is 2.5, not sure if it will break if you run it in 2.5b**

http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/11532936/file.html
sorry if it's a sketch site, just picked one that didn't require me to register

ANYWAY, so essentially what I'm trying to do is let go of the ledge, quick attack away from the stage at a 45 degree angle, and then back to the ledge.

I THINK what determines if I reach the ledge or not is whether I'm still holding towards the ledge while the 2nd half of quick attack is going on, but I can't really be sure I'm not good at debugging. I could just reach the stage based on whether I do a 2nd jump before my up-B by accident or something since I'm playing with tap jump. Still, pikachu should totally be able to reach the edge consistently as this isn't very tough to do in melee and has it's uses.

This happens on both sides of FD, didn't test other stages. Sorry I didn't show both sides in the replay.

Revven

FrankerZ
Pikachu's Quick Attack's length is determined by how much you tilt the stick in as you're doing your Up B. This is not a bug. Its shortest length IIRC is just slightly shorter than Melee, is all. We're still working to improve it and it was already improved to a degree in 2.5 (improved = closer to Melee).

Top Bottom