• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Pikachu Metagame Discussion

isaiah :)

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
I see. I seem to do well in other MUs but definitely struggle with this one and Luigi/Mario online.

In these matchups I try to space with dtilt more. Lag might have something to do with it. But do you have any advice for the matchup regardless?
well sad to say all those match ups are difficult for pikachu in general, about even for all of them, but for yoshi you have to get more hard reads since he can out camp you and beat out your air game, for mario you have to play a more hit and run strat. see his combo game is strong so he will attempt grab set ups on you, just avoid getting baited with the cape and try QA mix up's with Dtilt -> grabs as well, Luigi is probably the most difficult because he is an awkward character, however QA in to grabs can catch him, just dont go all in and try for gimps on him, he is easily gimped

Equi

Smash Ace
well sad to say all those match ups are difficult for pikachu in general, about even for all of them, but for yoshi you have to get more hard reads since he can out camp you and beat out your air game, for mario you have to play a more hit and run strat. see his combo game is strong so he will attempt grab set ups on you, just avoid getting baited with the cape and try QA mix up's with Dtilt -> grabs as well, Luigi is probably the most difficult because he is an awkward character, however QA in to grabs can catch him, just dont go all in and try for gimps on him, he is easily gimped
I actually have improved at the Luigi matchup since I train with a friend who mains Luigi/Sheik. It's mostly just about patience... picking your grab spots... spacing with dtilt and retreat fair... not getting too combo happy since he can break your combo instantly with nairs. It's a fade in an out sort of match. And of course gimping the hell out of him. Mario is somewhat similar. Both are winnable MUs. I find that I use QA actually more sparingly against Luigi (not sure if this is correct) since his nair just lasts so long and I have had my QA intercepted unintentionally by the Luigi player more times than I can count.

With Yoshi though I am clueless. It might be due to lack of experience but I have no idea how to punish a good Yoshi's mixups. I get wrecked by b reverse egg and such and have no idea what to do lol. Maybe more QA angles would be suitable in that MU

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
I actually have improved at the Luigi matchup since I train with a friend who mains Luigi/Sheik. It's mostly just about patience... picking your grab spots... spacing with dtilt and retreat fair... not getting too combo happy since he can break your combo instantly with nairs. It's a fade in an out sort of match. And of course gimping the hell out of him. Mario is somewhat similar. Both are winnable MUs. I find that I use QA actually more sparingly against Luigi (not sure if this is correct) since his nair just lasts so long and I have had my QA intercepted unintentionally by the Luigi player more times than I can count.

With Yoshi though I am clueless. It might be due to lack of experience but I have no idea how to punish a good Yoshi's mixups. I get wrecked by b reverse egg and such and have no idea what to do lol. Maybe more QA angles would be suitable in that MU
Maybe I'm just crazy but I swear I've outspaced Luigi nair with Pikachu fair... I thought you could go ham with fair chains IF you were trying to just tip Luigi with the fair, but I haven't played against many Luigis and I don't have someone to practice with regularly so I might just have been seeing things.

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I LOVE the yoshi matchup. I played Flo Yo this weekend in pools and barely lost. In chicago, I am the yoshi slayer.One of my closest friends and dubs partner used to play with me every day, he was a yoshi main and we even did double yoshi in teams. I absolutely love this MU. I am even undefeated in the yoshi ditto in tournament.... I love yoshi :)

I personally think we beat yoshi. You can disrupt his spacing very easily with quick attacks and offensive fair/RAR Uair if the yoshi is aggressive. If they yoshi is at all aggressive, do NOT just sit in shield. That is what yoshi wants you to do. His fair is safe on shield and his egg lay easily lets him get through your shield option.
You should try to react to his aerial movement and powershield fair if you want to be safe. Fair is the only aerial that really threatens us. Fair is only effective at a set distance too. At this distance NONE of yoshi's other aerials will hit pikachu, so you basically have the ability to cover every option by just reacting. Pikachu is very hard to keep at that set distance (Unless you are hiding in shield). I usually just try to predict jumps and fair... This matchup is literally just spacing mixups

Against defensive yoshi, we just have to play the reactive poweshield game.

Also, Don't be afraid to shield if you do not want to die. Yoshi cannot kill us since he normally nets kills off bad landings and edgeguards, so he has to kill us with raw kill moves. Against flo yo, I think that I usually lived till like 200% when I did not SD or do something dumb offstage "Please just die already" LOL. If he grabs you, he can't convert that into anything, so don't be afraid to shield a lot, just be aware of why you are shielding. If the yoshi starts egg laying or grabbing you, just let them keep grabbing you, this will condition them to keep covering that option if you refuse to stop, then you punish the egg lay by just usmashing it. Cover dash grab with any evasive defensive option (mix it up), then punish the HUGE cooldown on his grab with an usmash or Fsmash (HSB if customs, I guess)

also flo yo told me that more pikachu players need to start edge guarding us and figuring out the percents that each of our moves will be able to break his super armor at. (I have personally killed a yoshi with jab to break his super armor because it stopped him from sweetspotting the ledge)... But yeah we should lab that and figure it out

I do have a LOT more experience vs aggressive yoshi mains as apposed to defensive yoshis, so keep that in mind.
If anyone wants to add advice on defensive yoshi mains OR correct me on what I just said, that would be pretty cool lol

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Im laughing because someone on the jiggly boards think the MU is 55:45 in their favor XD
I play jiggs, but not face many pikas, but that cant be true..... can it?
i mean it just doesnt sound like it should even be in their favor at all.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Im laughing because someone on the jiggly boards think the MU is 55:45 in their favor XD
I made Jigglypuff's rage quit just spamming full hop B-air. Outprioritizes all Jigg's aerials. Sad really.

Last edited:

Soul.

In what ways does Luigi beat us? I've been hearing that he beats Pikachu lately—I haven't played the MU much, so I'd like to know more.
It isn't.

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
The puff matchup is our favor, we shut down her entire game.... WIth one move...

Our crouch lets us duck under her SH Fair.... Her ground options suck

Dtilt for dayssssssssss
We duck while we down tilt so.....
Then we beat her by "50:50s" since we can juggle her forever

The matchup really is this simple

Edit: If our bair seriously beats all of her aerials, then this MU is really sad tbh lolol

Last edited:

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
i told the puff's about that match up being bad for them but they were in denial lol

p.s. no matter what pikachu mains say, the match up is close to even with luigi slightly being in his favor depending on the stage. just take him to lylat though i always do that when i wanna get stuff done lol

Last edited:

Soul.

Honestly I don't know what does Puff do vs. Pikachu that makes the matchup on its favor. It's clearly in our favor, but I won't bother arguing because it's pointless to do so.

Luigi on the other hand.... Eh, might as well waste time using a "pocket" Sheik or something—nah just kidding. We certainly can hold our own in the MU; it's just his ability to KO so early that is annoying. I've said I don't have much experience on the MU so I can't say a lot.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
i told the puff's about that match up being bad for them but they were in denial lol

p.s. no matter what pikachu mains say, the match up is close to even with luigi slightly being in his favor depending on the stage. just take him to lylat though i always do that when i wanna get stuff done lol
Ikr?
I for some reason think that they can be a little redicuous with their MU choices....like honestly
but anyway what about characters like....Ness you guy talked about him yet? how would he do against Pika?
I heard he can immediatly cancel anything he absorbs, has disjointed rediculous ariels, that annoying Bthrow kill they ALWAYS go for......not an entirly bad mobility, but nothing special.

I would like to know anyways because I was planning on possibly picking him up anyways, but i wanted to get some practice soon.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Ikr?
I for some reason think that they can be a little redicuous with their MU choices....like honestly
but anyway what about characters like....Ness you guy talked about him yet? how would he do against Pika?
I heard he can immediatly cancel anything he absorbs, has disjointed rediculous ariels, that annoying Bthrow kill they ALWAYS go for......not an entirly bad mobility, but nothing special.

I would like to know anyways because I was planning on possibly picking him up anyways, but i wanted to get some practice soon.
Ness has no trouble comboing Pikachu like he does the rest of the cast. After all, they are about the same size. Pikachu also has no trouble comboing Ness.
Getting frequently trapped by pk fire WILL lose you the match-up. As such, aerial approaching is often preferred. If the playstyle is more aerial-based, you'll probably see lots of empty fairs, which you can counter with a well-timed grab or u-air. Bait out pk fire here and there too because it does not ignite into the flames when it hits a shield. Also bait his absorber with thunder jolt when you have trouble getting up close and personal. During the second or so of absorbing animation that takes place you'll have that rather large window of time to run up and grab. I don't recommend using thunder until Ness is at a substantially high percent because only then is the hitstun high enough to render thunder safe from his absorption. Edgeguarding Ness should be intuitive, and it is indeed a cakewalk. Just be sure that if Ness hits you with his up+b that you are ready to tech the stage.
I use Ness, btw.

Last edited:

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
Matchup Compilation List Version 0.2

Hey guys. I made a google doc of the relevant (well at least I hope most of it is still relevant lol) matchup theorycrafting that was done in this thread in the first 200 posts. To be quite honest, a lot of it is copy-pasted stuff of what was in the thread, but it is organized by character (by the order on the CSS) and then by post order with the newest one being at the top (for the most part. First 10 or 15 numbered posts may not follow this order). I didn't really focus on trying to find out for myself what worked/didn't work/what was still relevant to the matchups. I don't think I'm as high-level as many people who have contributed on this thread, so it wouldn't do for me to try that. I copy-pasted all that I could (sometimes it would even just be someone asking a question), so that I wouldn't miss anything that might be important.

I don't expect any one person to read through this entire thing. To be honest, I didn't even read through everything myself. However, if some of you are good or knowledgeable at a particular match-up, you might just read through all of the posts pertaining to only that particular match-up and take note of how accurate/inaccurate the posts are. I'm not sure if other people can edit the doc since I'm new to google docs, but the hyperlink is listed below so that people can at least see it.

I don't know if this was a good idea. I think it is a good idea, but I might have executed it strangely or something. idk. I would appreciate advice, critique, and feedback on it. This is a rough draft after all. I guess the cool thing about this is that if someone wants to learn about the Sheik matchup for instance, they don't have to slog through the whole thread to maybe find bits and pieces of Sheik wisdom here and there. They could just scroll down to where her name is bolded and read up on it on the doc.

If this thing is received well and I keep on compiling matchup info, I might consider delving into other threads and seeing what delicious tidbits of information other mains might have for fighting against our adorable little rodent. It's important to know your enemy. One thing at a time for now, though. I've barely sifted through one third of the posts in this thread.

I haven't covered anything by ESAM in here yet, but I'm getting there. I believe his first post in the thread was post number 250 something or 260 something where he literally gave a list of pikachu's matchup favorability/unfavorability against every character. I'm going to have to find ways to emphasize things like that because that's really useful. Maybe I could make a chart on that google excel program thingy that's offered of ESAM's pikachu match-up spread. Maybe his opinions on some of the matchups have changed in the past month and a half? Maybe some of our opinions have changed? Who knows lol? Anyway, I guess that's it. I think the doc is pretty self explanatory and I'm not sure why I spent so much time writing about it here. I hope you guys enjoy it!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XWWiqnsBIOmK6hlQ5L4yeoJpJvqjZ51_wOfOkzIFmH4/edit?usp=sharing

tl;dr I compiled a list of pikachu matchup info from this here thread and pikachu is super adorable you guys omg! <3

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Does anyone know how well Pikachu fades in the match-up against Little Mac and why? Because I found one online and wasn't doing too bad until I lost thank to online lag. Also I don't see a lot of tournament matches with Pikachu facing Little Mac.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
This is a useful thread, even if the game is still very young.
Thank you in particular to hell-dew and The TaBuu for enlightening us some more on the MU against Rosalina and Link. Those two are the worst MU's for me, personally.
I feel like I should talk about Little Mac. I hear gripes about facing him both on forums and among friends who have the game.
Little Mac has immense power but the scariest factor when facing him is probably his nearly unpredictable and long-lasting superarmor that ruins all of your progress and leaves you cursing at the screen. Forcing Little Mac to approach you will cut down the threat of his superarmored attacks to a minimum. Use constant t-jolts to ensure that the boxer cannot set up camp and so he is forced into the air. The air is not where he wants to be as Pikachu clearly has the advantage here. If he is airborne, whether rising or falling, it is virtually 100% safe to approach him in the air at this time. This is how you play the MU. Juggle Little Mac and don't let go using FF SH fairs, u-tilts, u-airs and even b-airs whenever you can. And if he makes the mistake of landing next to you while at killing percent, have your thunder shockwave give him a warm greeting. If he lands next to you while your back is facing the edge of the stage, toss him off-stage and he is almost helpless in the air. Little Mac is a fairly popular character and using this strategy I've faced a few dozen Little Macs online and have only lost to two or three.
Its good advice. Little Mac wins in the ground, but if you get in the air, then he's screwed. Also, watch out for the counter if he's tries to use it as a way to avoid juggles.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
Does anyone know how well Pikachu fades in the match-up against Little Mac and why? Because I found one online and wasn't doing too bad until I lost thank to online lag. Also I don't see a lot of tournament matches with Pikachu facing Little Mac.
just take control of center stage and force him off the edge at a constant pace, pikachu's amazing edge guarding style can take little mac off stage and keep him off

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
just take control of center stage and force him off the edge at a constant pace, pikachu's amazing edge guarding style can take little mac off stage and keep him off
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and also juggle him to avoid his ground game.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and also juggle him to avoid his ground game.
yes that could work but don't always do it, i find that letting him get close to the ground and catching him in a grab is very effective as a mix-up

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Oh yeah, I'll make sure he gets grabbed if he counters. Now the nice match-up against him is easy since I have to get used to fighting a Little Mac player.

Thor

Smash Champion
[FBC] ESAM said:
something something ROB's only good OoS is fair so if you cross him up you're safe
I was using crossup fair and maybe a crossup dair or two but I was getting dsmashed out of shield... I have no footage of this, but...

A) Is this a legitimate option? That is, are fair/dair unsafe on ROB's shield?
B) Is it something I can bait by somehow spacing fair differently [I know at least a few times I accidentally let the last hit be on shield], so that he must have very precise timing to not have his dsmash shielded?
C) Can I space cross-up aerials around it [hit the back of his shield and be out of range of dsmash]?
D) Something else?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. If you test then tell me I was just doing it wrong [that is, that I was somehow just doing dair wrong] I'll go and practice it more [I think I was holding R to buffer shield but I may have been doing something else].

I ask because A) there's a PR ROB in my area right now and I'm told one or two others and B) I struggle with ROB in both Brawl and Smash 4 [even in Brawl as Falco I had problems dealing with this character :urg:], so I'd like to get at least this aspect of the MU taken care of ASAP.

Felth

Smash Apprentice
I have a stupid question but how can I find an specific matchup on this topic without reading all the pages?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
You can search the character name for this thread only. Sorry, this isn't the most organised matchup thread. You can always ask about a matchup if you can't find it in this thread.

Felth

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking for ZSS mathup =(

@ Pikabunz Pikabunz : I read some other mathup threats and they follow style:

Sheik

Approaching:

Edeguarding:

Gameplan:

Zero Suit Samus

Approaching:

Edeguarding:

Gameplan:

I think that it would be very to organize the information in this way in the first post of the first page. I'm new here and I'm just suggesting that it would be great because I like a lot smashboards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
If anyone is willing to organize all the info, I can give the first post of the thread so they can do that. That is if hell-dew doesn't mind.

Soul.

Wouldn't a matchup hub / general discussion be a good idea for this thread? I've seen other boards do that.
Then we make threads for specific matchups, and post the stuff here.

Felth

Smash Apprentice
@soul I think that your idea is better, the first post links to all the specific mathups =)

Umbreoff

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Felth

Smash Apprentice
What are the best options to approach a ZSS? When she uses her whip and laser it's very difficult to attack her =(

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
Hey fellow pikachu mains. I need a breakdown of the Pikachu/Olimar matchup. I've placed 2nd in the last two major tournaments I've attended, losing to the same Olimar player in both winners finals and grand finals at both tournaments. He is the #1 ranked player in my city, but I don't feel the skill level is the issue, as he is actually a diddy kong main and I have no trouble beating his diddy.

It's when he switches to olimar that my troubles begin. I don't really know how to safely approach him without getting fsmashed, dsmashed, or getting hit by a purple pikmin throw. I've tried baiting all of these actions, which works, but I can't punish any of those things because they all have virtually no end lag.

Tl:dr : idk how to play against olimar. Help me out please

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Is there anyway to deal with pit and his arrows? I'm having a hard time approaching Pit without him shielding and forward-titling me in the face.

Thor

Smash Champion
Hey fellow pikachu mains. I need a breakdown of the Pikachu/Olimar matchup. I've placed 2nd in the last two major tournaments I've attended, losing to the same Olimar player in both winners finals and grand finals at both tournaments. He is the #1 ranked player in my city, but I don't feel the skill level is the issue, as he is actually a diddy kong main and I have no trouble beating his diddy.

It's when he switches to olimar that my troubles begin. I don't really know how to safely approach him without getting fsmashed, dsmashed, or getting hit by a purple pikmin throw. I've tried baiting all of these actions, which works, but I can't punish any of those things because they all have virtually no end lag.

Tl:dr : idk how to play against olimar. Help me out please
Nair off all his Pikmin [not a KO move in this game so you don't have to save it]. Mess around with SH dair in training - not sure but I think it might get over fsmash and dsmash and then you're getting 12% plus a potential followup.

I think you can fair purple pikmin to not get hit by them. You also shouldn't be punishing that move [side+b], you should be punishing him having no pikmin (using it 3 times) OR being forced to either retreat [stage control] or try to get to the other side of you [rolls, fullhop airdodges, whatever].

If you have videos, I could watch them and maybe offer more advice. I'm no expert, but no one's offered any help lately [about my question or the others] so I'm trying this much at least.

What are the best options to approach a ZSS? When she uses her whip and laser it's very difficult to attack her =(
Not 100% sure about whip but I'm pretty sure Pikachu can duck both of these [I know for certain he can duck her paralyzer shots, I think he can duck the whip really close to her but farther out where the big sweetspot is]. If she does paralyzer then runs at you, just hitting A will do dtilt or ftilt and usually stuff her. If she does grab, cross-up roll [roll behind her] should be a free fsmash or usmash [don't do this every time]. Fullhop airdodge beats both of these but if she doesn't commit you're in a spot to get uair'd, and ZSS uair is super good.

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
If you have videos, I could watch them and maybe offer more advice. I'm no expert, but no one's offered any help lately [about my question or the others] so I'm trying this much at least.
No videos yet, but I'm going to another tournament this sunday and I'm pretty sure he'll be there. The tournament will likely be uploaded to youtube, so I'll keep you posted if I happen to meet him in bracket again. Thanks a lot for the advice

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE the yoshi matchup. I played Flo Yo this weekend in pools and barely lost. In chicago, I am the yoshi slayer.One of my closest friends and dubs partner used to play with me every day, he was a yoshi main and we even did double yoshi in teams. I absolutely love this MU. I am even undefeated in the yoshi ditto in tournament.... I love yoshi :)

I personally think we beat yoshi. You can disrupt his spacing very easily with quick attacks and offensive fair/RAR Uair if the yoshi is aggressive. If they yoshi is at all aggressive, do NOT just sit in shield. That is what yoshi wants you to do. His fair is safe on shield and his egg lay easily lets him get through your shield option.
You should try to react to his aerial movement and powershield fair if you want to be safe. Fair is the only aerial that really threatens us. Fair is only effective at a set distance too. At this distance NONE of yoshi's other aerials will hit pikachu, so you basically have the ability to cover every option by just reacting. Pikachu is very hard to keep at that set distance (Unless you are hiding in shield). I usually just try to predict jumps and fair... This matchup is literally just spacing mixups

Against defensive yoshi, we just have to play the reactive poweshield game.

Also, Don't be afraid to shield if you do not want to die. Yoshi cannot kill us since he normally nets kills off bad landings and edgeguards, so he has to kill us with raw kill moves. Against flo yo, I think that I usually lived till like 200% when I did not SD or do something dumb offstage "Please just die already" LOL. If he grabs you, he can't convert that into anything, so don't be afraid to shield a lot, just be aware of why you are shielding. If the yoshi starts egg laying or grabbing you, just let them keep grabbing you, this will condition them to keep covering that option if you refuse to stop, then you punish the egg lay by just usmashing it. Cover dash grab with any evasive defensive option (mix it up), then punish the HUGE cooldown on his grab with an usmash or Fsmash (HSB if customs, I guess)

also flo yo told me that more pikachu players need to start edge guarding us and figuring out the percents that each of our moves will be able to break his super armor at. (I have personally killed a yoshi with jab to break his super armor because it stopped him from sweetspotting the ledge)... But yeah we should lab that and figure it out

I do have a LOT more experience vs aggressive yoshi mains as apposed to defensive yoshis, so keep that in mind.
If anyone wants to add advice on defensive yoshi mains OR correct me on what I just said, that would be pretty cool lol

Yes. I agree with everything you said. My usual sparring partner mains Yoshi, and I had quite a hard time against him, but then I realized, you don't play this matchup like any other matchup. Going against Yoshi you have to be patient and very VERY safe. At low percentages, we can not juggle Yoshi very well, he is super floaty and his air movement is the best in the game. Shielding at high percents is very important because Yoshi can't kill or confirm anything with his grabs. HOWEVER, really watch out for that down B, don't get too comfortable in shield, because the Yoshi has a tool that can break it. Or, you can be clever and bait the down B, as it is incredibly punishable, and Heavy Skull bash will annihilate Yoshi after that.

I really want to test at what percents our moves beat Yoshi's super armor, because this is one of the most interesting matchups for me. I think I'm going to do it.

Last edited:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
I really want to test at what percents our moves beat Yoshi's super armor, because this is one of the most interesting matchups for me. I think I'm going to do it.
Yeah this would be great. I normally find myself switching to DK (my secondary) against Yoshi because DK's bair breaks the double jump armor a lot earlier than any of Pikachu's aerials. It seems to work in my favor for the most part, but at the expense of giving up control in the neutral. If someone tested the percents that Pikachu's aerials could break the jump armor, I might be more inclined to stick to Pikachu in that matchup

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
The first thing I was concerned about is whether rage affects much. I tested that out, and yes, rage does indeed affect what percent we go through yoshi's super armor at, and staleness most likely does too. This was done in training mode, so no rage, or staleness. Maybe I will do 100% rage Pikachu some other day. As far as I know and tested, his super armor is the same strength through all of when it lasts.

So here you go: The earliest percentages of which our moves break Yoshi's super armor. (No Rage)

Tilts/Jab:

FTilt (Middle): Breaks at 107%
FTilt (Downwards): Breaks at 119%
FTilt (Upwards): Breaks at 96% (I wouldn't reccomend it, since it sends Yoshi at a higher angle than the other tilts)

DTilt: 158%

Jab: .........970%.
Are you sure you broke through the armor with jab? Maybe you used it after the armor was over and then pushed him off like that? I tested it with rage in normal smash as well, using the handicap of 300%. It still didn't beat the super armor...

Uptilt: 88%

Smashes:

FSmash: (Uncharged) 18% Sweetspot: 28%
FSmash: (Uncharged) 15% Sourspot: 51%
Fsmash: (Uncharged) 12% Super Sourspot: 52%
Those last two really confused me. I tested it out like 50 times, and it seems to be true. I can't explain why its only 1% difference, but it's true.

DSmash: (Uncharged) (Last Hit #6/Finisher): 44%
So basically, the other 5 weaker attacks in down smash have to get Yoshi to 44%, and still have yoshi in the hitbox of the finisher, and it will break the armor.

USmash: (14% SweetSpot): 41%
USmash: (13% SourSpot): 46%

Aerials
Nair Sweetspot: 87%
(Don't think sourspot is necessary, if anyone wants to tell me, I'll add it)

Fair (Last Hit #5/Finisher): 80%
(Previous hits must get Yoshi to 80%, then it breaks)

UAir (5% Sweetspot): 87%

Dair (aerial hitbox): 94%

Bair(Last Hit): 75%
(Same as Fair and Down smash, previous hits must get Yoshi to 75%)
Specials:

Heavy Skull Bash (Uncharged): 18%
Heavy Skull Bash (Fully Charged) 0%
I'm not going to test the normal one, there is no reason at all to use that one offensively.

Thunder (Spike hitbox): 101%
Thunder: (Rod of Lightning): 78%
Thunder: (When the thunder hits pikachu): 35%

I don't think neutral B will break super armor until maybe the 300%s, same with Quick attack, so I won't bother testing those.

If I got a certain percentage wrong, or you would like to add more information, (or find important information that I forgot to test) let me know and I'll edit this ASAP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom