• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu discussion

Battlecow

Play to Win
Fynal likes to Utilt. What can I say?

IDK how stale it has to be to get you grabbed. I don't really have a chance to keep track of the staleness mid-match if it hits my shield and not me.

The Real Sykes

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to pick up pikachu.... Sadly i keep getting destroyed should i jsut quit smash since i can't be good with a OP person

M!nt

Smash Champion
no he's a character just like the others. Takes time to get good with him.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
So Pikachu is better than everyone else, ok, but is Pikachu THAT much better? I'm looking at the matchup chart for DL and the numbers imply Pikachu wrecks everyone except Falcon.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
pretty much, dream land is slang for gimp land and pika can gimp most of the cast easily and is not gimped easily at all, except for falcon. also, pika edguarding a recovering falcon (high or low) is really easy, but we all know edgeguarding pika is pretty difficult.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pikachu's a really good character

IDK I think falcon can go even in or even win that MU, and the ditto's obv. even.

Kirby I think has a disadvantage, but not that bad of one. Kirby certainly doesn't get wrecked.

Everyone else gets beaten pretty solidly, but the only ones that get really wrecked in my opinion are like link and ness. Maybe samus and weegee too I guess

The Star King

Smash Hero
Samus definitely belongs on that list if Ness and Link are on it

Kirby has a moderate disadvantage. Not really better against Pikachu than Fox is if you factor in Hyrule IMO.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Because he hates it/wants it banned. NEVER GIVE HIM AN EXCUSE TO BRING IT UP PLEASE, kthx

Also I was gonna mention how I think Yoshi is one of the better characters against Dreamland Pikachu in my last post but apparently my edit didn't go through

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Hyrule: Fox
DL: I want to say Fox too, but Fox dies so easily. Falcon can at least doug-hug pika. Kirby has utilt. I'll go with Kirby.

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
As a pikachu main, I would rather play a quality fox on Hyrule than a quality falcon. And on DL for some reason I hate playing against a Kirbry much more than a falcon.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
As a pikachu main, I would rather play a quality fox on Hyrule than a quality falcon. And on DL for some reason I hate playing against a Kirbry much more than a falcon.
this is pretty strange. Fox on hyrule is such hax and likewise for falcon on DL.

i don't find pika vs kirby easy by any means, but then again I suck with pika so what do i know

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
this is pretty strange. Fox on hyrule is such hax and likewise for falcon on DL.

i don't find pika vs kirby easy by any means, but then again I suck with pika so what do i know
Maybe it comes from my experiences of playing more talented kirbys than falcon (I know this is strange again). But falcon is so easy to gimp off DL...idk. Then again I rarely play DL at all, and I feel as if the match ups become much closer on Hyrule. At the end of the day, the person controlling the character has much more influence on the outcome than the characters themselves. Once again, just my opinion.

duncarefoo

Smash Rookie
Urgent!

Hello, this is my first time on any super smash bros. forums. I have been playing the game since it came out, and I know most people say they are good, but they likely haven't put near the same amount of time and energy as me and my collage friends. So, like everyone else I have just my proof of my own experience.

Now to the story:

Two days ago I was playing against 3 level 9 Ness computer characters on Hyrule for a couple of hours. After dying once (there were many deaths, trust me) i jumped off of the respawn-hovercraft, came down onto the 3 ness computers who were stacked on top of each other with the down B, which you all know is the thunder, i hope ;)
What came next was startling to me and the other 14 people in the room who happened to be watching me (they were about to head downtown, i'm not an attention *****).

As expected, lightning comes down to strike all 3 of them, who were also hit by the second damaging phase of the down b, which is the blue shock around pikachu. During the damaging phase of the attack, pikachu puts his hands in the air and creates... (i'll do my best to describe it, please believe that I am not exaggerating) ... anyway he creates an electric tornado, or like a static charged tornado that is about the same size as the pikachu. (keeping in mind this is different than the tornados that the level has by default. there was one of those going on the other side of the map simultaneously). This tornado sucked the 3 ness computers back in and instantly sends them to 999% damage ( maybe half a second, not instantly; you could see the numbers going up rapidly) and proceeds to keep them locked in the tornado for what seems like ten to twelve seconds. The ness comptuers then go flying off all directions of the screen and the room starts to stink because everyone **** their pants. I thought i broke the game, but gameplay resumed after the effect was finished.

I have been scouring the internet for some explanation to this. Immediately I thought it must be a glitch, but I fail to see how a glitch would create an electric tornado (i've never seen those graphics in SSB for the 64 before). If anyone could dig some information up about this please help me out, because it is making me go crazy.

Thanks, and I am glad there is still a forum for 64 smash :)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It's generally referred to as the "black hole glitch". There's many different ways to recreate it.

Go on youtube and search "ssb64 ultimate glitch" or "ssb64 black hole glitch".

Quick example vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0ZkLZjHJ30

It never interested me that much so I don't know if your pikachu thunder way of creating it is known about. But the glitch in general is definitely known.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hello, this is my first time on any super smash bros. forums. I have been playing the game since it came out, and I know most people say they are good, but they likely haven't put near the same amount of time and energy as me and my collage friends.
You would be very surprised

So, like everyone else I have just my proof of my own experience.

Now to the story:

Two days ago I was playing against 3 level 9 Ness computer characters on Hyrule for a couple of hours. After dying once (there were many deaths, trust me) i jumped off of the respawn-hovercraft, came down onto the 3 ness computers who were stacked on top of each other with the down B, which you all know is the thunder, i hope ;)
What came next was startling to me and the other 14 people in the room who happened to be watching me (they were about to head downtown, i'm not an attention *****).

As expected, lightning comes down to strike all 3 of them, who were also hit by the second damaging phase of the down b, which is the blue shock around pikachu. During the damaging phase of the attack, pikachu puts his hands in the air and creates... (i'll do my best to describe it, please believe that I am not exaggerating) ... anyway he creates an electric tornado, or like a static charged tornado that is about the same size as the pikachu. (keeping in mind this is different than the tornados that the level has by default. there was one of those going on the other side of the map simultaneously). This tornado sucked the 3 ness computers back in and instantly sends them to 999% damage ( maybe half a second, not instantly; you could see the numbers going up rapidly) and proceeds to keep them locked in the tornado for what seems like ten to twelve seconds. The ness comptuers then go flying off all directions of the screen and the room starts to stink because everyone **** their pants. I thought i broke the game, but gameplay resumed after the effect was finished.

I have been scouring the internet for some explanation to this. Immediately I thought it must be a glitch, but I fail to see how a glitch would create an electric tornado (i've never seen those graphics in SSB for the 64 before). If anyone could dig some information up about this please help me out, because it is making me go crazy.

Thanks, and I am glad there is still a forum for 64 smash :)
That's really interesting. Were the nesses doing anything? Were there items on the screen? The black hole glitch, as sheer says, has a similar effect, but I've never heard of pikachu's down B on hyrule creating it just through interaction with enemy hitboxes. Was the "tornado" that you describe sort of like the "black hole" here? What happened to the tornado after it killed the nesses--it just disappeared? What exactly did it look like?

There are a lot of glitches that do 999% damage then death--the red shell glitch comes to mind--but what you describe, if I'm understanding you correctly, is new AFAIK. And bizarre. Some sort of black hole variant. Good job for discovering it.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i remember as a child when i played the game i killed a cpu jiggs and she daired from the spawncloud and it brought me to 999 fairly rapidly. items off, 4 player match, although the only interaction for the 999 was me and the jiggs. is this one known about?

Top Bottom