• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Combos?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Does Pikachu have any true combos? If not, what about any autocombos?

My main is always switching from Fox to Pika and I'm changing to Pika right now.

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu has a ton of combos in Project melee. I guess ill just list them as i think of them if it will help. Ill put what classes of enemies the moves will hit in parentheses.

From Grabs
Up throw ---> Up Smash (Fast fallers from like 0-90% & heavy weights at low percent)
Up throw ---> Up Air (Fast fallers, Heavy weights at low-med%, mid-weights at low%)
Up throw ---> bair (same as Up throw ---> up air)
Down throw ---> footstool (Heavy weights low-med% & mid-weights low %)
Down throw ---> up smash (works on all but Jigglypuff at low %) (The lighter the character is the faster this combo wont work)
Down throw ---> up air / nair (same as down throw ---> up smash but works on all characters until mid % or so)
Down throw ---> back air (Great kill move, works on all characters at certain percents)

From Aerials
Up air chains (works on almost any character until mid-high percent) (seen here http://www.twitch.tv/shenanagans_/c/2650442 at 2:30 into the video)
Nair ---> any tilt (Great on all characters at low percents to mid percents) (can get crouch cancelled)
Auto cancelled Fair ---> any tilt / Up smash / Nair / Grab (Very important move to know how to do) (Works on any character at nearly any percent)
Nair ---> up air (If you land behind them with nair you can quickly up air)
Nair ---> up smash (Works if you land quickly after the nair)
Up air --> Any aerial (works just like Up air chain but subsitute another aerial after an up air)
Theres a ton more but it is really based on opponent's DI.

From tilts / Smashes
Up Smash ---> Up Smash / Up tilt / Up Air (Works on fast fallers, Heavy Weights and Mid Weights at varying percents)
Up tilt --> Up tilt / Up Smash / Up Air (Same as above + Light Weights at like 0-15%)
Up smash ---> THUNDER (Works on any character at certain percents great way to kill off the top if Up Smash doesnt kill)

There's a lot more but these are the Combos I feel Hit almost guaranteed. Most of pikachu's combo game is made up on the fly because based on DI you will almost always find another aerial that will hit.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Dude thanks so much!! The only one I really knew there was Uthrow Uair, but usually Uthrow to any aerial works well too depending on opponents DI.

All the aerials must be Lcanceled correct? I'm just making sure

But again, thank you so much!!

sheNanagans

Smash Apprentice
Sure thing.

I Always L-Cancel my aerials because there is never a down side to L-canceling. (though i'm sure some of these combos would still work if you miss a cancel)

You don't need to L-Cancel the auto cancelled Fair (but it doesn't hurt to L cancel it just in case you mess up the timing).

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, SheNanigans, for going to all the work of making that detailed list! I'm practicing for a tournament and these will come in handy.

Top Bottom